Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay Carol! I shall hold off pledging for now. Got hit by a bombshell last night. Mr Skoggy's employer has stiffed him on his salary meaning we have very limited funds this month. :( Argh!!!!!!!!

( in my cartoonish serious voice and doing my best princess wave) I am sooooo honored to wear the Biggest Square crown for the month of February. I  promise to represent the residents of Yarn HIll to the best of my ability. Thank you for this honor. :queen

But seriously thank you Katie and everyone else who makes this a fun place to hang out and exchange squares. I also have some puffies that will be going out soon.

Yay Carol! I shall hold off pledging for now. Got hit by a bombshell last night. Mr Skoggy's employer has stiffed him on his salary meaning we have very limited funds this month. :( Argh!!!!!!!!

Emma,

I'm sorry to hear that your husband's boss did that, I hope everything works out for all of you. Don't worry about the squares just take care of your family.

Loved the two stories....a chuckle to the start of this COLD COLD morning! It is only zero out there, what the what???

Congrats to the newest Square! I will send at least one square, try for another! Woot! So when you can, PM me your address....

Skoggy, hugs to you! Sorry this happened!

kuddles

Hello everyone...It's been a while, and how could I not post after Katy sent me a PM...My wrist is still in a cast/splint otherwise I'm doing OK this chilly, blustery Florida morning....I welcome the temperature change...Just can't take the heat anymore...Don't know I survived BA (before air-conitioning)...

Have some very good news (a bit off topic) to share with all my C-Ville friends...I just found out that I'm a grandma of a certain 7 year old tboy...It's a long story, but I'll try to keep it brief...My youngest son died 3yrs ago and one day my youngest daughter ran into an old girlfriend of his...We knew she had a baby, but it was never proven who the father was...My daughter asked if she was curious as the young man she had been with back then (and was with now) resembeled my son...Anyhoo we've been keeping in touch since Christmas and have visited several times....I've got to tell you the boy looks just like my son at that age...has his hands and is built like him too...The mother said she was ready to go along with a DNA test to exclude the "daddy"...We got the results back Wednesday and the other guy IS NOT the bio-father...That means that the child is my son's...I am sooo elated as is the rest of my family...We can't wait to start including them in our lives...even the "daddy"...

Now, back to my wrist...Still have another month or so before the cast comes off and I can start PT...hopefully crochet will be one of the exercises to strengthen my wrist...I miss you all ...Keep on HOOKIN !!!

Hello everyone...It's been a while, and how could I not post after Katy sent me a PM...My wrist is still in a cast/splint otherwise I'm doing OK this chilly, blustery Florida morning....I welcome the temperature change...Just can't take the heat anymore...Don't know I survived BA (before air-conitioning)...

Have some very good news (a bit off topic) to share with all my C-Ville friends...I just found out that I'm a grandma of a certain 7 year old tboy...It's a long story, but I'll try to keep it brief...My youngest son died 3yrs ago and one day my youngest daughter ran into an old girlfriend of his...We knew she had a baby, but it was never proven who the father was...My daughter asked if she was curious as the young man she had been with back then (and was with now) resembeled my son...Anyhoo we've been keeping in touch since Christmas and have visited several times....I've got to tell you the boy looks just like my son at that age...has his hands and is built like him too...The mother said she was ready to go along with a DNA test to exclude the "daddy"...We got the results back Wednesday and the other guy IS NOT the bio-father...That means that the child is my son's...I am sooo elated as is the rest of my family...We can't wait to start including them in our lives...even the "daddy"...

Now, back to my wrist...Still have another month or so before the cast comes off and I can start PT...hopefully crochet will be one of the exercises to strengthen my wrist...I miss you all ...Keep on HOOKIN !!!

Great news! About the boy, not the wrist! Feel better!

That's amazing news, Estee! What a connection to your son! I hope everything goes smoothly as your families adjust to the news. :)

I believe I'd had Carol on my list of people I could easily do squares for back in the fall - I made myself a towel topper in some great fall colors; managed to find all stash colours to go with a turkey towel I got at JoAnn's! So I pledge 1 square, more if I can.

So sorry Emma, but don't fret, we all have those downfalls. I am going to work on a couple for your chocolate ghan, so that might cheer you up, eh..... lol

Congrats!  I will pledge 2 squares!

Wow, you go girl! Thank you!

:woo  :nworthy  :jumpyay

Congrats, cshort!  I will send some squares too.  Long live the Queen!

Yay, more pledges, i love it!!

Hi everyone ! Ive been having trouble posting replys and checking notifications from my computer. But i can do it from my phone. Hope it fixes soon.

Congrats to out new Square Queen :woo

I hope they fix it for you too,  is it the phone, or the new ville, or do you know??

( in my cartoonish serious voice and doing my best princess wave) I am sooooo honored to wear the Biggest Square crown for the month of February. I  promise to represent the residents of Yarn HIll to the best of my ability. Thank you for this honor. :queen

But seriously thank you Katie and everyone else who makes this a fun place to hang out and exchange squares. I also have some puffies that will be going out soon.

aw shucks ma'mm, you certainly deserve it, someone is always posting they recieved square from Cshort, lol Thank you for accepting!

Loved the two stories....a chuckle to the start of this COLD COLD morning! It is only zero out there, what the what???

Congrats to the newest Square! I will send at least one square, try for another! Woot! So when you can, PM me your address....

Skoggy, hugs to you! Sorry this happened!

kuddles

Both true, so it's true what they say, truth is stranger sometimes than wait, yeah, fiction, lol had to stop and think, could it be dementia already!!!!!!!

Such wonderful news, a piece of your son! that is great news, we miss you too!

I got 3 more squares! from katyallen8090 Thank you. I'd post a pic of them but I seem to have misplaced my "camera" (my phone) and wont be likely to locate it till someone calls me XD

ding a ling a ling! welcome!

That's amazing news, Estee! What a connection to your son! I hope everything goes smoothly as your families adjust to the news. :)

I believe I'd had Carol on my list of people I could easily do squares for back in the fall - I made myself a towel topper in some great fall colors; managed to find all stash colours to go with a turkey towel I got at JoAnn's! So I pledge 1 square, more if I can.

This bunch is a great and generous group of Chochet a teers, ain't they just!

oh, chapter two of first post, lol

I mailed off about 6 puffies today,

so heads up going out to Honex, yarnMonkey, crochet 321,Mrsmckee,katherineElaine, and last but not least,

Queen Carol!!!!!!!!!!!

Look to the mail box ladies, in about 3 days or so,,,,,,,,,,,

Working on a second mailing to come next week sometime, will post lucky recips when mailing date gets closer, it's time to Finish some Ghans!!!!!!!!!!! he he he. So, who you gonna call...GHanBUsters!!!!!!!!!!! :clap  :yes  :heart

Hey everyone,

I have a question.  What are you're 3 favorite crochet books?  I'm getting ready to buy some and want to know what's good.

OH MY, that would be dependant upon what you are interested in, general crochet instruction, shawls, blocks or grannies, the list goes on, they are all my favorties!!

Hey everyone,

I have a question.  What are you're 3 favorite crochet books?  I'm getting ready to buy some and want to know what's good.

I take all books out of the library to see if I like them. I usually only like a few patterns in each and scan them to my computer. Of course, I'm in Chicagoland and have access to so many books, and they ship them to my local library.......

hello. just a reminder to all of you, check the first post for active members and change in preferences, as changes seem to come in everyday.Thanks.....latest change of preferences, I will list here for ya all, cause I know you have seen her posts  on the thread all the time.......

Immafreek, she is now collecting, and I quote... "New preferences are
Any size squares,
Any patterns/ color combos
Ww- any colors

also,
Cotton- pale shades of pink yellow green white" I will also post it on the first post... thanks!   

If there's something weird,

And it don't look good.

Who ya gonna call?

GhanBusters!

A terrible knot

Lying in your yarn.

Who ya gonna call?

GhanBusters!

I ain't 'fraid of no hook...

:D

aw shucks ma'mm, you certainly deserve it, someone is always posting they recieved square from Cshort

That was what I thought when I saw who this month's Square Queen was! :manyheart

For crochet321, I don't actually have a lot of crochet books. Most of the ones I have are afghans and while I quite like some of them, I couldn't really recommend them as "Oh you MUST get this!" sort of thing; afghan books are a dime a dozen! (Metaphorically speaking, of course.) I second the idea of the library - in PA where I am, as long as a book is out at least a year you can also request just about anything through the interlibrary loan system as well. I've been able to check out a few craft books that way, some that I ended up getting and some that I was like "Oh wow, glad I got this through the library because there's not really much in here I'm interested in." It's a great way to test drive craft books!

Skoggy: ROFL!! 

Archived