Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

been having a hard time since early Dec.keeping up with the square of the month

I still haven't got January's done,thought I would before now,but haven't gotten at the yarn and hook in awhile

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to hear about the new requirement.  I can't wait to find out who our new square queen is!  WOO HOO!  I'm planning to make some more squares once I get some of these projects with deadlines finished.  I miss mailing out puffies.  :)

I'm up WAYYY too early for my liking.  I try to always be positive in my posts - here and on facebook...  I'm finding it difficult to be positive when all I want to do is sleep.  It's windy here tonight and my house is noisey when it's windy.  Oh well - I'm getting a little bit of extra Crochetville time!  :)  See?  There IS a silver lining!

I was up at 4am this morning thanks to my little Isabel. She isn't even 3 months old and already starting to get teething pain. :( I wouldn't mind going back to sleep as well but no such joy for this SAHM :lol Thinking of something to do today for the girls and I. Might go to the Mall in Gateshead.

Good morning early birds. I didn't have to be up early today but I ws awake about 5 and couldn't go back go sleep. Today is the third day of an educational technology conference that I'm attending and I am on tech overload. But I did get to have a nice dinner and some shopping time at Downtown Disney (one of my favorite places) last night. I'll be heading home later today. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning early birds. I didn't have to be up early today but I ws awake about 5 and couldn't go back go sleep. Today is the third day of an educational technology conference that I'm attending and I am on tech overload. But I did get to have a nice dinner and some shopping time at Downtown Disney (one of my favorite places) last night. I'll be heading home later today. Have a great day everyone.

LOVE Downtown Disney!  The Lego store is my son's favorite place to be - maybe in the entire world.  LOL!  I've never actually eaten dinner in Downtown Disney though.  I bet there are some really great places.

I'm off to substitute today.  Happy Thursday everyone!!

Good morning ladies. Thanks for your post Katie and I'm not shy to say I am one that has voiced displeasure at sending squares and getting no response. It DOES make me consider stopping this wonderful group but I'm still hanging on because I love to give some crochet love! Katie, you have done a fantastic job and I think your new requirements are spot on.

Everyone have a good day and although I don't check in every day, I AM checking here at least every few days and will be anxious to see who the February Square is!

kuddles

We have light snow here and it is very pretty! Very cold though, high only around 18 today, if that. I just downloaded yet another new square from ravelry, a freebie if you look at the newest ones posted you'll see it. I'm having so much fun over there doing several CALs for squares!

I'm up WAYYY too early for my liking.  I try to always be positive in my posts - here and on facebook...  I'm finding it difficult to be positive when all I want to do is sleep.  It's windy here tonight and my house is noisey when it's windy.  Oh well - I'm getting a little bit of extra Crochetville time!  :)  See?  There IS a silver lining!

Ha, you are always positive! No worries!

I was up at 4am this morning thanks to my little Isabel. She isn't even 3 months old and already starting to get teething pain. :( I wouldn't mind going back to sleep as well but no such joy for this SAHM :lol Thinking of something to do today for the girls and I. Might go to the Mall in Gateshead.

aw, bless your heart, such a good mama!

Tech overload, ha! I here dat!

Good morning ladies. Thanks for your post Katie and I'm not shy to say I am one that has voiced displeasure at sending squares and getting no response. It DOES make me consider stopping this wonderful group but I'm still hanging on because I love to give some crochet love! Katie, you have done a fantastic job and I think your new requirements are spot on.

Everyone have a good day and although I don't check in every day, I AM checking here at least every few days and will be anxious to see who the February Square is!

kuddles

Oh you're here all the time Kuddles, lol no worries.And I had recieved severeal complaints, regarding posting and thanking, and such, which is why i mentioned it. I  was trying to address the members that maybe we don't hear from often, enough, and to be fair, most have a good reason, so I hate to harp on it, after all, we are not Gestapo here, lol. It is beneficial to everyone to post more often, not only does one get to know US REGS better (big big plus, lol) , but one tends to get more squares if one is more visable on the thread.. And I can't strees enough, how important a simple thank you is, and how far it goes for the sender.

I'm finally starting to feel human again! Have my follow up with the oral surgeon today so hopefully everything looks good. It is a snowy cold day here today. Blah!

yay  feel better fast, Cold as a witch's you know what here too!

Hey guys,

It's snowing here again.  Maybe I'll have time to curl up under a blanket and make a few squares. 

Would you be snuggling under a GRANNY ghan, by chance!

We have light snow here and it is very pretty! Very cold though, high only around 18 today, if that. I just downloaded yet another new square from ravelry, a freebie if you look at the newest ones posted you'll see it. I'm having so much fun over there doing several CALs for squares!

oh wondeful, have fun!

And another think!!

ha ha, i do hope our out going BIggest Square is ok, I do hope all is well, as I haven't heard a peep, feeling a bit nervous about it all. Let's hope she checks in, to at least relinguish the crown tomorrow to our New Queen.....

...If not, we will go on about crowning our Biggest Square, just as we do as normal, I was thinking ahead, and had a new crown made to pass on to Feb. Biggest Square! if necessary! I'ts bigger, brighter, and more colorful!! yay! so hang in square-bees, the clock is ticking..Might announe it tonight late, as tomorrow, I will be gone for a whie in the am, it's that awful brunch bunch again, lol Just kidding, GBless um, what would I do without um! Also squares going out sometime tomorrow, or next week latest to a few of you, 7 i think. Then the others the week after, have to budget you know, and did you see, postage went up again, lol oh well, gotta have me puffy money!

Good news  :heart....my heart remodeled itself and is perfectly normal now.....well besides the occlusion device. My valves don't leak and more and my heart chambers have shrunk back within normal limits!!! Now the tough part now is that I have to lose at least 40 pounds.    :eek  Any tips? I talked to the dietitian at work and she suggests meal replacements so I'm going to try that for now. I like the taste of the Walmart shakes so it's a good thing. 

That's wonderful news about your heart!

:eek wow, sounds like we have all done our part and made good on our pledges, now it's up to the soon to be past Biggest Square to let us know if she has recieved any of our squares. Mine went out at the first of the month, and Im not sure, but I don't think I have heard from her yet, despite several email requests to please post and let us know if she is recieving our squares. .

Rest assured, the newest biggest square is aware of the new requirement to post at the very LEAST once a week, to this thread, hopefully to avoid this particular predicament in the furture. Im sure Lil_mama06  has a good reason, so will just wait and see if she checks in before the crown passes. I know a couple of people have mentioned they get discouraged when they take the time to make someone a square or two, and then never know if their Square baby made it to it's new home! :bang

As for the first post, took a couple of names off, as I have tried contacting them for several weeks, and get no response, so they are in essence eliminating themselves from the list, cause If we can't reach them to get addresses, there is no point in making them squares, right, if they would like to rejoin once they get back to the ville, we will still be here! And will gladly accept them at that time. I did check the stats of both, and they havent been on the thread, nor even the ville for 2 plus months. I hated to eliminate them, and hopefully, when and if they return, they will rejoin. :think

I try to email at least a week ahead of time for the addy, before sending, and  if no reply by the time I am mailing, i simply move on down the list setting that square(s) aside, till i find a new forever home for it!  

HOwever for the most part, a wide majority of the others I emailed or pm'd have answered my request for updating, on addresses, and such, so hopefully, that will be the last two that disappear for  a while! You lose some, you gain some, such is the way of the world! :juggle

It has been mentioned as well, that it is a bit disheartening, to see our members posting elsewhere on the ville, and yet never checking in with us, making us wonder if they were serious about the granny thing in the first place, have they recieved our squares, do they remember they joined even, but please dont lose faith, or stop making/or sending your beautiful work out,that is a small minority  as most of us that are able, do say thank you, and appreciate your work, time and trouble! Hang in there all, and have a great evening. gonna get really cold here tonight, and tomorrow,  we got about 4 inches of snow last night, and not much melting going on! :flake

Talk to you later! pm me with any problems you might be having getting addresses, or getting around the new ville, I may be able to help, if not, maybe I can point you in the right direction anyway, lol!

Thank you for taking care of us.  I really like the new requirement. 

I'm baaaaaack!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I recently got a new job, so I have been really busy adjusting to that. I'm really loving it though. Otherwise, not too much new news to share from me. I shared the ville with a friend at work today so hopefully she will make her way over soon too. So happy to be back! :)

Glad you came back and checked in with us.

been having a hard time since early Dec.keeping up with the square of the month

I still haven't got January's done,thought I would before now,but haven't gotten at the yarn and hook in awhile

Hope everyone at your house is feeling better.

kuddles

Well, you only expressed what I am sure many of us were thinking.  I so look forward to hearing when my packages are received and it is quite a letdown to not hear back.  I always worry it didn't make it or they didn't like it. 

And another think!!

ha ha, i do hope our out going BIggest Square is ok, I do hope all is well, as I haven't heard a peep, feeling a bit nervous about it all. Let's hope she checks in, to at least relinguish the crown tomorrow to our New Queen.....

...If not, we will go on about crowning our Biggest Square, just as we do as normal, I was thinking ahead, and had a new crown made to pass on to Feb. Biggest Square! if necessary! I'ts bigger, brighter, and more colorful!! yay! so hang in square-bees, the clock is ticking..Might announe it tonight late, as tomorrow, I will be gone for a whie in the am, it's that awful brunch bunch again, lol Just kidding, GBless um, what would I do without um! Also squares going out sometime tomorrow, or next week latest to a few of you, 7 i think. Then the others the week after, have to budget you know, and did you see, postage went up again, lol oh well, gotta have me puffy money!

So looking forward to our Feb. Biggest Square.

Thanks Bgs 

. Another thing cropped up on my daily search for verifications,...

A couple of the screen names I messaged to, bounced back without sending, stating something about this person cannot accept anymore messages?????

I don't know why, does anyone???? Maybe their mail is full, maybe I don't know?????

And one more thing too. don't fret if you name is off the list, if you got bumped by chance, please just lemme know if you want to rejoin. It's just that without being able to verify addresses by contacting that person, no one can send them squares........waaaaaaaaa......

A couple more that haven't responded to repeated requests to update, fall in that category, as do a couple in the category of Life getting in their way of crochet, and requested being dropped from the list, and there were a couple that just haven't checked in on the ville for a couple months or more. So besides that, I still have a couple requests out, till next week,hope to hear from them soon!

OOOOh, it's getting closer to Biggest Square time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Well Katie you are doing everything you can to reach people! It is what it is!

I am excited to hear who the new Square is! And most of my ravelry CALs have posted the Feb squares so I'm excited to get started! Maybe one I make for the CAL will be a puffy to the Feb Square!

DISCLAIMER:

I wasn't phrasing too clearly and it has caused some confusion i think. What I mean with this statement.............posted above in one of my LONG postings, ......

Rest assured, the newest biggest square is aware of the new requirement to post at the very LEAST once a week, to this thread, hopefully to avoid this particular predicament in the furture.

means...

While it is a new requirement for accepting a BIggest Square honor, it is merely a good suggestion to all others, as those that post more often are benefited as well as the rest of us.

so sorry for the confusion.

This thread had been slow since the new 'ville came back on, and today was info fun day!  I needed the distraction.  Thanks!  I'm one of those silent stalkers that check in several times a day.  I loooove it when we have new pictures from puffies received.  We don't get a lot of those lately.  To get it going, I'll take a pic later and post it to show what I have so far.  Oh, if you could see all the little 3 inchers and their 6-inch siblings alongside them, your mood would just perk up.  I have a square for the current Biggest Square, but I think I'll send it to someone that's more active here.  Cshort's post about Downtown Disney reminded me I haven't been to my local Downtown Disney in Anaheim in a couple of years.  I end up buying way too much stuff, but I want to contribute to the economy ;)  I love the new posting requirement.  More eye candy hopefully.  

I have a little story about today's job.  It started out with a panic and ended with a laugh (meaning I was laughing inside).  I showed up to an independent medical exam to record stenographically while a doctor was checking a plaintiff in a lawsuit.  First there was the moment of panic when I realized that my machine's charger didn't have the two prongs to plug into the power strip.  Nooo!!!  I never knew before today that it was removable.  Apparently when I plugged it in early this morning to make some alterations to the machine, I pulled on the plug but left the prongs behind because they slide off.  Maybe it's a design for international travelers so you can switch out when in other countries.  I don't know. I just knew my battery doesn't hold a charge for long.  It was threatening to die on me, and we had just started.  Well, being 15 minutes away from home, I called my lovely brother at work, who is 5 minutes from our shared townhouse, and he was going to bring it to me.  I was panicking the whole time I was waiting.  Whatever.  Let's move on.  First part of the day took place in a small room with the doctor's medical historian and no doctor.  That finished, and we waited in the lobby again. We then were taken to the exam room.  I set up all over again, laptop and court reporting machine and all, in a tiny room.  I ended up directly in front of the patient because there was also an attorney aside from the doctor and me.  Ummm... I was sitting... the patient was too but on an examination bed... and being set up so I'm out of the way and parallel to the wall in front of the patient, I turned to see his face while writing, and he was definitely in front of my face, maybe 4 feet away.  Thank God he had undies on.  It was so hard timing my movements so that I would arc my gaze when turning and not look that low!  I was closing my eyes at times to concentrate but also to not look.  Then the doctor had to lift the patient's gown.  Good thing the good doctor warned me just as he was going to do that.  If I was uncomfortable, imagine the poor patient!  It's the first time I report this kind of proceeding.  I hope it's the last!

wow! what a day, huh!

Last time I had one like that, was well, at the courthouse, where i worked, and I haven't worked there for a while...Lady came in with a speeding ticket, wanted to protest it, course we know judges consider the police officer an expert witness, and speeding cases usually lose, but...... I listened to her proclaiming not really her innocence, but her reasoning for filling out the forms ......She said, and Ill quote as best as I can remember,

"So i don't know why he stopped me, he had been following me for miles back, when I was going 35 in a 45 zone, so when i sped up a little in the 45 zone to 50, it  should have all equaled out, so I know the judge is going to favor my side!"

ba ba bummmm...........

wow! what a day, huh!

Last time I had one like that, was well, at the courthouse, where i worked, and I haven't worked there for a while...Lady came in with a speeding ticket, wanted to protest it, course we know judges consider the police officer an expert witness, and speeding cases usually lose, but...... I listened to her proclaiming not really her innocence, but her reasoning for filling out the forms ......She said, and Ill quote as best as I can remember,

"So i don't know why he stopped me, he had been following me for miles back, when I was going 35 in a 45 zone, so when i sped up a little in the 45 zone to 50, that should have equaled it all out, so I know the judge is going to favor my side!"

ba ba bummmm...........

:rofl   The logic!  I sometimes hear the darndest things, but today was not anything I could have expected.  I love reading transcript excerpts from others in courts because they are so funny.

:heart and so without further ado, to all you subjects out :nworthy  there awaiting the announcement of your new Queen Biggest Square, :nworthy

here we go.........are you ready???

:applause Cshort!! Congratz Carol!  :applausepost-40621-0-39523100-1359685469_thumb.jpg

welcome to Your :heart  February :heart Reign as Biggest Square!! We wish you a long and prosperous reign here  at Granny Square Central,  located in beautiful downtown Yarn Hill....(.Lovin that crown on you, :sun  told you it brings out your eyes, didn't I! )

Carol's prefernece for squares are fallish colors, in 8 inches, if you please! I will open the pledging with at least three!  I am hoping with all our help that she gets enough to finsih her ghan, she still needs 28! But we can do this, I know we will give it our best!       :applause

:heart  :heart So enjoy your Valentine Month Reign Carol!!!!!! :heart  :heart                      

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart  :heart  :heart  :heart  :heart     post-40621-0-80151000-1359685884.gif   

28-3=25 MORE NEEDED!  Green for GO!!

Archived