Who ya gonna call?

GhanBusters!

I ain't 'fraid of no hook...

:D

Love it!  LOL

Good evening everyone hope you all are doing well :hug

Right back at ya!

Sorry about the little ditty, was a bit lame :P

I was thinking, is there anyone out there who would be ok with squares using DK weight yarn? It isn't a huge amount different from WW. I ask because I have loads of it, being that DK weight is the most popular in the UK. Let me know who is ok with it. :)

Congrats, Carol!  You can expect a square or 2 from me as well.

You brought a big smile on my face today when I opened my post box and saw a puffy from you.  Thank you very much.  They're lovely.  I know how I love to see photos, so I promise to upload photos soon. :D

Hey Carol, I know you want fallish colors but can you be a bit more specific? I have so many colors....would love to send you just want you want!

Browns, golds, oranges, reds,my favorite seasonhas always been fall because of the colors. Unfortunately we don't get much color change in south Florida seasons.

Hello everyone...It's been a while, and how could I not post after Katy sent me a PM...My wrist is still in a cast/splint otherwise I'm doing OK this chilly, blustery Florida morning....I welcome the temperature change...Just can't take the heat anymore...Don't know I survived BA (before air-conitioning)...

Have some very good news (a bit off topic) to share with all my C-Ville friends...I just found out that I'm a grandma of a certain 7 year old tboy...It's a long story, but I'll try to keep it brief...My youngest son died 3yrs ago and one day my youngest daughter ran into an old girlfriend of his...We knew she had a baby, but it was never proven who the father was...My daughter asked if she was curious as the young man she had been with back then (and was with now) resembeled my son...Anyhoo we've been keeping in touch since Christmas and have visited several times....I've got to tell you the boy looks just like my son at that age...has his hands and is built like him too...The mother said she was ready to go along with a DNA test to exclude the "daddy"...We got the results back Wednesday and the other guy IS NOT the bio-father...That means that the child is my son's...I am sooo elated as is the rest of my family...We can't wait to start including them in our lives...even the "daddy"...

Now, back to my wrist...Still have another month or so before the cast comes off and I can start PT...hopefully crochet will be one of the exercises to strengthen my wrist...I miss you all ...Keep on HOOKIN !!!

That is such good news about your grandson. I hope your wrist heals quickly.

If there's something weird,

And it don't look good.

Who ya gonna call?

GhanBusters!

A terrible knot

Lying in your yarn.

Who ya gonna call?

GhanBusters!

I ain't 'fraid of no hook...

:D

Oh I really needed a laugh this morning and this did it, thank you.

Sorry about the little ditty, was a bit lame :P

I was thinking, is there anyone out there who would be ok with squares using DK weight yarn? It isn't a huge amount different from WW. I ask because I have loads of it, being that DK weight is the most popular in the UK. Let me know who is ok with it. :)

Sounds ok to me.

Congrats, Carol!  You can expect a square or 2 from me as well.

You brought a big smile on my face today when I opened my post box and saw a puffy from you.  Thank you very much.  They're lovely.  I know how I love to see photos, so I promise to upload photos soon. :D

I'm glad you liked the squares.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and pledges, I'm looking forward to all the beautiful squares. All of your kindness couldn't have come at a better time. I had to take my oldest cat (15 years old) to the vet yesterday after work because she just wasn't being herself. They did blood test and told me that her kidneys are failing. The vet said the treatments that are available would only prolong things for a couple of weeks. So after talking with my daughter, the cat is actually hers but lives at my house, we decided the best thing is to say good-bye to our beautiful Jazzy. So I will be calling our vet in a little while and taking Jazzy back in. And then I think I'm going to curl up on the sofa and work on the afghan I have started for my daughter. Thanks for letting me ramble, you ladies are the best! I'm sure I'll be checking in again later so until then have a good day.

cshort: first of all HUGS. I had to put down my best friend about 8 years ago and miss my Buddy every day. HUGS!

Thanks for the colors, I think I have the perfect color so will be able to get you a square, I'm hoping to send you two!

Skoggy, loved the ditty! Sounds like our group is 'waking up' and chatty again! LOVE it!

Busy weekend in that I have about 6 loads of laundry, the usual Target run, and starting to sew a purse a lady at work is paying me to make......Woot! More money for yarn!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

:hug  Big Hugs to Carol   :hug

Great News!! My house guest finally left after 2 months and I have my craft room back.....after I deep clean the carpet and the linens. I have boxes and boxes of photos and crafts and yarn I need to get my hands on.   :lol  No longer looking at patterns. 

I have such a hard time with the PM's. Anyone give me the cliff-notes? I get messages, email and conversations? 

Good news! I have eye candy!!!!!

Today I received the last squares I need for both Isabel's "Flower Garden" and Felicia's "Girly" afghans. They were sent from Oz by our lovely Aussie_Paula.

post-54070-0-26225100-1359814700_thumb.jpg

And this means.... finished ghans!!!! Here is Isabel's little Flower Garden afghan. Just need to attach the last row and decide on a border but this is it. :)

post-54070-0-91725400-1359814765_thumb.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has sent a flower for my little's Flower's afghan. Big hugs to you all. :hug Isabel will always have this little afghan made by Mamma's lovely friends on Crochetville. :manyheart

After I have finished this one, I move onto the 30 squares for Felicia's one. :D

Great News!! My house guest finally left after 2 months and I have my craft room back.....after I deep clean the carpet and the linens. I have boxes and boxes of photos and crafts and yarn I need to get my hands on.   :lol  No longer looking at patterns. 

I have such a hard time with the PM's. Anyone give me the cliff-notes? I get messages, email and conversations? 

Woot! Enjoy!

Today I received the last squares I need for both Isabel's "Flower Garden" and Felicia's "Girly" afghans. They were sent from Oz by our lovely Aussie_Paula.

attachicon.gifWP_20130202.jpg

And this means.... finished ghans!!!! Here is Isabel's little Flower Garden afghan. Just need to attach the last row and decide on a border but this is it. :)

attachicon.gifWP_20130202 1.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has sent a flower for my little's Flower's afghan. Big hugs to you all. :hug Isabel will always have this little afghan made by Mamma's lovely friends on Crochetville. :manyheart

After I have finished this one, I move onto the 30 squares for Felicia's one. :D

Gorgeous!

Browns, golds, oranges, reds,my favorite seasonhas always been fall because of the colors. Unfortunately we don't get much color change in south Florida seasons.

That is such good news about your grandson. I hope your wrist heals quickly.

Oh I really needed a laugh this morning and this did it, thank you.

Sounds ok to me.

I'm glad you liked the squares.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and pledges, I'm looking forward to all the beautiful squares. All of your kindness couldn't have come at a better time. I had to take my oldest cat (15 years old) to the vet yesterday after work because she just wasn't being herself. They did blood test and told me that her kidneys are failing. The vet said the treatments that are available would only prolong things for a couple of weeks. So after talking with my daughter, the cat is actually hers but lives at my house, we decided the best thing is to say good-bye to our beautiful Jazzy. So I will be calling our vet in a little while and taking Jazzy back in. And then I think I'm going to curl up on the sofa and work on the afghan I have started for my daughter. Thanks for letting me ramble, you ladies are the best! I'm sure I'll be checking in again later so until then have a good day.

Oh jeez Carol, so sorrya bout Jazzy........my condolences to both you and your daughter, I know what it's like to lose a cherished pet, several times too many!

cshort: first of all HUGS. I had to put down my best friend about 8 years ago and miss my Buddy every day. HUGS!

Thanks for the colors, I think I have the perfect color so will be able to get you a square, I'm hoping to send you two!

Skoggy, loved the ditty! Sounds like our group is 'waking up' and chatty again! LOVE it!

Busy weekend in that I have about 6 loads of laundry, the usual Target run, and starting to sew a purse a lady at work is paying me to make......Woot! More money for yarn!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Kuddles is up today I see, lol yarn money always cheers me up too!!

Hey ya, what ya waiting for, get those hooks out!

absolutely lovely squares from the land down under, and the little blankee is adorable! can't wait to see Felicia's when it's done too!

My favorite book is The Happy Hooker. Glad to see Carol being queen. She has definitely earned it!

Agreed!! on CaROL i mean, not the book, although I like it, I just have no favs!

Those are sooooo pretty.

Howdy gals! As always, DD gets me up too early......but I've had my pot of coffee so I'm more awake!

Carol, I got a square done for you, woot! Was a new pattern to me so was fun to try something new and make a square for ya! I'll do one more for you before I send them out. Make sure you get me your address via PM so I'll be ready to rock and roll!

Today it is gently snowing, soooo pretty out right now! My DD keeps saying 'woot' cause she keeps thinking we will get a ton of snow and she'll have no school. Uh sorry, not gonna happen this week! We are supposed to get between 1-4 inches overnite which will put a damper on rush hour traffic in the am but it's winter and Chicagoland, so we expect it!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Howdy gals! As always, DD gets me up too early......but I've had my pot of coffee so I'm more awake!

Carol, I got a square done for you, woot! Was a new pattern to me so was fun to try something new and make a square for ya! I'll do one more for you before I send them out. Make sure you get me your address via PM so I'll be ready to rock and roll!

Today it is gently snowing, soooo pretty out right now! My DD keeps saying 'woot' cause she keeps thinking we will get a ton of snow and she'll have no school. Uh sorry, not gonna happen this week! We are supposed to get between 1-4 inches overnite which will put a damper on rush hour traffic in the am but it's winter and Chicagoland, so we expect it!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I tried to PM you but got a message that you could not receive private messages. Maybe there is hiccup some place. I have to head out for church now but will try again later.

I tried to PM you but got a message that you could not receive private messages. Maybe there is hiccup some place. I have to head out for church now but will try again later.

yes I got that too on  kuddles as I was just reminded to let you know about it, ha, couple days later. Anyway I think it is something as simple as checking the turn messages on box, on the settings for messenger, try it, you might just fix it first shot, huh !!

actually, i just re checked, it's under personal messenger when you click on the little white arrow, up at the top, by your name, then at the bottom of that page, personal messenger settings, is a disable, enable messenger box, make sure you have checked enable ! ok that's all I got, good luck! 

Okay gals, just getting back on and saw you couldnt message me. Well when they did the transfer, all my old messages came back and it showed I had 500 of 500 I could have! I just deleted a ton of them so now you should be able to send me a PM. I am not disabled but that was a good thought Katie!

Sorry gals but try to PM me so I know all is good!

Have a great nite! I don't 'do' sports but will be watching Downton Abbey later!

Hugs!

kuddles

Good evening ladies! 

Congrats Carol on being Square Queen this month! I will pledge 2 squares for you ~ but hopefully will get around to making more than that. :hug So very sorry about your kitty! 

Hello Ladies,  I just got back from VA to visit my beautiful great neice.  She is our first.  She is the first grandchild, first great granchild, first great niece so everyone is so excited.  Mom had a few problems so they had to induce and she was born early.  She is so so tiny.  I made a bunch of tiny weenie hats for her, now I have to go booties and mittens because everything is so big. 

Congratulations Carol, I will pledge 2 squares to you and start on them right away.  I've been so busy crocheting for my great niece that I haven't done anything else.  I'll pm when I get them ready.

Voila! Finished eye candy!

post-54070-0-50008900-1359976263_thumb.jpg

(Sorry the pic is on its side. The site did that and I have no idea how to put it the right way)

Thank you to everyone who made this little blanket possible. :manyheart

Does anyone use the Crochetville Android app?  Since they changed the site, I can't get the app to work, and I'm not sure what I need to do to fix it. 

More than likely there will be an updated version released soon. I don't use it much, but I did like using it before when I was out & about and couldn't get on from my pc. If I had to guess, I would say that within the next 4-6 weeks someone will update the app or create an entirely new one. You might be able to ask Amy in the board questions thread however. :) 

attachicon.gifP1030793.JPG

(Sorry the pic is on its side. The site did that and I have no idea how to put it the right way)

Absolutely fabulous! What a total doll and a beautiful blanket for her to snuggle! 

attachicon.gifP1030793.JPG

Baby is so content with her beautiful afghan :)  It's so bright and cheery.  

I have yet to post pics of the squares I've accumulated.  I'll try to remember to do that later today, after finally getting some rest.  I've slept less and less lately.  I figured I'd say good morning to the FGCAL gals before turning in.  

Have a wonderful day :)

Archived