Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more row done on my friendship-ghan!! Thank you to all who have sent thus far - I love the squares!! 

I have a few puffies going out in todays mail also!!

Apparently I'm not "straight" this morning lol. Just realized the tops of the squares aren't even with the bed.. 

post-46820-0-84794100-1359384117_thumb.jpg

wow thanks crochet321 for our first eye candies, on the new crochetville! i LOVE  the paw print, how cute is that! I bet that you could size it down for a shelter blankie , if desired, or up for a bigger one! Very nice!

Four puffys went out last week, hope they arrived, or will soon, and I hear from the recipients!@ I always worry till my "square" children reach their forever home!!!!!!!!!      

LOL.  I love the "square" children!!!~

Mine said wood as well, but I finally got it to say aluminum.  Maybe it was just a fluke for that day!

couple things still not working properly?? I can't seem to Edit my About me Page in profile. It has me down as favorite hooks, wood, which is not the case, but woe is me, can't seem to change it. Anyone else having that problem?? Also, delete is different, if you want to delete something in your post or while editing your post. Least it was yesterday, ha ha, Im sure the powers that be are working on these and more issues, all in all, going to take some getting used to, but workable, lots more room to spread around in! Awaiting email from nominee for February's Biggest Square! Let you all know, when I know if we have one!

Hey! good to see you all have found your way back, it was a bit tricky, lol but we succeeded! You are all busy, I see, which is a good thing! In a few days, we will have a new queen, I hope all that can will pledge her a square or two, I need to see some finished ghans!

Seems we make squares, and make more and more still, but no one is posting any finished ghans! I need me eye candy. I am not a happy person without my eye candy!

I gotta jump over to the January completed projects too, and change the title to Feb pretty soon, it's where you post what you did that particular month, so it's all in one place for you to see your accomplishments as well as others! So, see ya there! have a good evening, and with the weather coolish and foggy, good time to do Something in my craft room, lol...See ya later!

I'm so relieved that I finished the project I was working on.  I started work on some squares that I hope to send out soon.  I posted the finished project in the appropriate place.  Here's the link if you'd like to take a gander.  Have a fun week, everyone :)

Thank you Katie for my squares! I love them and they will find a great home in my ghan! I am so close to having enough I am getting all excited!

Thank you Katie for my squares! I love them and they will find a great home in my ghan! I am so close to having enough I am getting all excited!

Oh wonderful abbynormal, glad you can use them!! If you let us know how many more you might need to complete that ghan, we might be able to find a couple angels willing to help out!!

Has anybody heard from our current Biggest Square?  I'm wondering if she has gotten the sqares I sent...

Also looking forward to finding out who the crown will be passed to for February!  I've got some news squares I'd like to try if they're the right size.  LOVE trying new squares!

I sent out lil_mama06's puffy yesterday! I hope she receives them soon! 

Looking forward to the next Square Queen announcement. 

checking to see who the new Queen is....   :queen

I have several puffies ready to go out but the post office is such a pain   :box I just have to brave it or send dh. LOL! 

Good news  :heart....my heart remodeled itself and is perfectly normal now.....well besides the occlusion device. My valves don't leak and more and my heart chambers have shrunk back within normal limits!!! Now the tough part now is that I have to lose at least 40 pounds.    :eek  Any tips? I talked to the dietitian at work and she suggests meal replacements so I'm going to try that for now. I like the taste of the Walmart shakes so it's a good thing. 

:eek wow, sounds like we have all done our part and made good on our pledges, now it's up to the soon to be past Biggest Square to let us know if she has recieved any of our squares. Mine went out at the first of the month, and Im not sure, but I don't think I have heard from her yet, despite several email requests to please post and let us know if she is recieving our squares. .

Rest assured, the newest biggest square is aware of the new requirement to post at the very LEAST once a week, to this thread, hopefully to avoid this particular predicament in the furture. Im sure Lil_mama06  has a good reason, so will just wait and see if she checks in before the crown passes. I know a couple of people have mentioned they get discouraged when they take the time to make someone a square or two, and then never know if their Square baby made it to it's new home! :bang

As for the first post, took a couple of names off, as I have tried contacting them for several weeks, and get no response, so they are in essence eliminating themselves from the list, cause If we can't reach them to get addresses, there is no point in making them squares, right, if they would like to rejoin once they get back to the ville, we will still be here! And will gladly accept them at that time. I did check the stats of both, and they havent been on the thread, nor even the ville for 2 plus months. I hated to eliminate them, and hopefully, when and if they return, they will rejoin. :think

I try to email at least a week ahead of time for the addy, before sending, and  if no reply by the time I am mailing, i simply move on down the list setting that square(s) aside, till i find a new forever home for it!  

HOwever for the most part, a wide majority of the others I emailed or pm'd have answered my request for updating, on addresses, and such, so hopefully, that will be the last two that disappear for  a while! You lose some, you gain some, such is the way of the world! :juggle

It has been mentioned as well, that it is a bit disheartening, to see our members posting elsewhere on the ville, and yet never checking in with us, making us wonder if they were serious about the granny thing in the first place, have they recieved our squares, do they remember they joined even, but please dont lose faith, or stop making/or sending your beautiful work out,that is a small minority  as most of us that are able, do say thank you, and appreciate your work, time and trouble! Hang in there all, and have a great evening. gonna get really cold here tonight, and tomorrow,  we got about 4 inches of snow last night, and not much melting going on! :flake

Talk to you later! pm me with any problems you might be having getting addresses, or getting around the new ville, I may be able to help, if not, maybe I can point you in the right direction anyway, lol!

checking to see who the new Queen is....   :queen

I have several puffies ready to go out but the post office is such a pain   :box I just have to brave it or send dh. LOL! 

Good news  :heart....my heart remodeled itself and is perfectly normal now.....well besides the occlusion device. My valves don't leak and more and my heart chambers have shrunk back within normal limits!!! Now the tough part now is that I have to lose at least 40 pounds.    :eek  Any tips? I talked to the dietitian at work and she suggests meal replacements so I'm going to try that for now. I like the taste of the Walmart shakes so it's a good thing. 

Ohhh glad to hear it susan!

I'm baaaaaack!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I recently got a new job, so I have been really busy adjusting to that. I'm really loving it though. Otherwise, not too much new news to share from me.

I shared the ville with a friend at work today so hopefully she will make her way over soon too.

So happy to be back! :)

I'm baaaaaack!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I recently got a new job, so I have been really busy adjusting to that. I'm really loving it though. Otherwise, not too much new news to share from me. I shared the ville with a friend at work today so hopefully she will make her way over soon too. So happy to be back! :)

Hi ya, welcome back Kim, good to see you here, is your addy and preferences still the same??? pm me if not, Ill change it on the list for you, thanks!!

Archived