Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Katyallen, I love your afghan! Those are great colors. Immafreek, your purse looks so soft and luxurious! I'm glad I checked in before calling it a night. Before I do, though, I hope I find here the 12-inch square that I think katyallen posted before, something about a circle in a square. Wish me luck!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mission accomplished! Pat54 and Immafreek, I mailed you your squares. It was such a quick thing that I forgot to add a card. Ugh. I hope they don't take ages to arrive to you. Most importantly, I hope they fit in the scheme :)

Kuddles, I will send your squares out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mission accomplished! Pat54 and Immafreek, I mailed you your squares. It was such a quick thing that I forgot to add a card. Ugh. I hope they don't take ages to arrive to you. Most importantly, I hope they fit in the scheme :)

Kuddles, I will send your squares out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ooooooo yippee puffy coming!

Thanks!

kuddles

did you receive the squares,DC said they were delivered on the 12th?

I received them today. They're great and so many! I'm going to start assembling the 3 inchers to see what I have so far. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Lights are not good here at this time of night. Many, many thanks :)

I received them today. They're great and so many! I'm going to start assembling the 3 inchers to see what I have so far. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Lights are not good here at this time of night. Many, many thanks :)

thanks for letting me know,

good day squares!

Got my puffies off yesterday, and boy, was surprised, i stuffed the manillas chalk full, and they really didn't cost much more than when I send two! So that pleased me, meaning if I have time, i would rather send everyone more than two at the same time, lol we'll see how that revelation of mine pans out in real time though, Huh! lol

Carol S, is getting some,

angelroselite is getting some,

Abigail1280 is getting some,

and last but not least,

sending the one I have had ready to go for SNOWFLAKE that matches the other I sent her months ago!! So heads up ladies! PUffies Away!!!!!!!!

You're putting me to shame Katie. :( I really need to get back on track with sending out squares. I need to have the jester's hat instead of any crown. Skoggy - the Royal Jester (not because I'm funny but because I'm slacking) :D

I sent off my squares to our queen today - finally. I've had them finished for a couple days. I went to the post office yesterday but the line was all the way to the door. I turned around faster than you can blink. ;) Today, I went back at a time when most people work - and almost no line at all. LESSON LEARNED!

Today I have been working on a square for a ravelry CAL. I hope to have it finished today. I'll post pics when it's done.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. It's so hard to believe that January is already half over!

You're putting me to shame Katie. :( I really need to get back on track with sending out squares. I need to have the jester's hat instead of any crown. Skoggy - the Royal Jester (not because I'm funny but because I'm slacking) :D

pshaw! I don't have two babies in my charge 24/7 dear!!! That is as good an excuse/reason as they come! PS. How old is the baby now, I forgot the date she was born!

I sent off my squares to our queen today - finally. I've had them finished for a couple days. I went to the post office yesterday but the line was all the way to the door. I turned around faster than you can blink. ;) Today, I went back at a time when most people work - and almost no line at all. LESSON LEARNED!

Today I have been working on a square for a ravelry CAL. I hope to have it finished today. I'll post pics when it's done.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. It's so hard to believe that January is already half over!

I know I know, going fast!

Yay! The 'ghan is steadily growing. I sent some squares, as I posted, and will send kuddles' squares tomorrow. I have a few I'm making for two others that will hopefully go out on Friday. Tomorrow is a great day: I'm taking a cooking class and will be making paella! It was my Christmas gift from Emma, my BFF.

Here are the squares I received yesterday from Pineknott. Yay! Thank you :manyheart

post-44469-135897797176_thumb.jpg

:queen I have some squares ready for Our January Queen!!

I have a few more to go out....I found some more bright cotton (hint, hint) and some other bright colors. It's been sooo cold I've been trying to lighten my spirits working with the bright colors....:lol

I LOVE the color of square cshort/Carol sent me!!! You must tell me the brand/color. It's fabulous! I try to get something up tomorrow....it's an amazing dk turquoise. The color is just not right now for a good photo....

I have a few more to go out....I found some more bright cotton (hint, hint) and some other bright colors. It's been sooo cold I've been trying to lighten my spirits working with the bright colors....:lol

I LOVE the color of square cshort/Carol sent me!!! You must tell me the brand/color. It's fabulous! I try to get something up tomorrow....it's an amazing dk turquoise. The color is just not right now for a good photo....

The touch, the feel of cotton...the fabric of our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuddles

Smith, I'm glad you like the square. I think I used RHSS Real Teal, it was the yarn I used for a Miami Dolphins afghan.

Katyallen, thank you for the squares, they are beautiful!:manyheart

pshaw! I don't have two babies in my charge 24/7 dear!!! That is as good an excuse/reason as they come! PS. How old is the baby now, I forgot the date she was born!

Isabel was born on Nov 9th so she is just over 2 months old. Wow! Soon she'll be 3 months old! Time has just flown by. :hug

Isabel was born on Nov 9th so she is just over 2 months old. Wow! Soon she'll be 3 months old! Time has just flown by. :hug

And I know you are enjoying every second! Treasure them!

Can't believe mine will be 9 this summer! Wow!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

good day squares!

Got my puffies off yesterday, and boy, was surprised, i stuffed the manillas chalk full, and they really didn't cost much more than when I send two! So that pleased me, meaning if I have time, i would rather send everyone more than two at the same time, lol we'll see how that revelation of mine pans out in real time though, Huh! lol

Carol S, is getting some,

angelroselite is getting some,

Abigail1280 is getting some,

and last but not least,

sending the one I have had ready to go for SNOWFLAKE that matches the other I sent her months ago!! So heads up ladies! PUffies Away!!!!!!!!

Katie, my squares arrived today too! They're beautiful :) My mom was drooling, lol. She loves green!

Yay! The 'ghan is steadily growing. I sent some squares, as I posted, and will send kuddles' squares tomorrow. I have a few I'm making for two others that will hopefully go out on Friday. Tomorrow is a great day: I'm taking a cooking class and will be making paella! It was my Christmas gift from Emma, my BFF.

Here are the squares I received yesterday from Pineknott. Yay! Thank you :manyheart

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Everyone is so busy crocheting away. I'm working on Julie Yeager's square now, though I have to figure this crab stitch out, so I'll be on Youtube. I tried it from just the description and I ended up with stitches going way off the side, so I don't think that's right.

Just got crummy news that we will have to wait for a while to buy a house. I'm really disappointed. So now I have to start looking for a rental, which won't be easy because of my 3 pugs. :thumbdown

hi

quite welcome Kim, and good luck on the hunt for a rental, you'll find one, there are lots of people out there renting to people with pets, Im sure....

Welcome to you too Carol, glad they arrived!!

ah yes, coming up on 3 months, you gotta post another pic of the girls together, Emma!

Wow! They are so bright! Gorgeous!

I got more squares today! It was already dark when I opened the package. I'll photograph them tomorrow. Thank you, Katie! It was the perfect end to a great day. I finally had a job that wasn't a cancellation or a no-show. It turned out to be an expedite -- yay! -- and then in the evening I took a paella cooking class. It was fun and delicious. I'm making it on Saturday. Let's hope I don't mess it up.

Kuddles, due to all the running around today, I couldn't mail you your squares. I'll send them tomorrow. I really hope you like them. The cotton selection wasn't what I had hoped it would be. I'll order online next time.

Everyone have a beautiful day :)

I'm working on Julie Yeager's square now, though I have to figure this crab stitch out, so I'll be on Youtube. I tried it from just the description and I ended up with stitches going way off the side, so I don't think that's right.

Just got crummy news that we will have to wait for a while to buy a house. I'm really disappointed. So now I have to start looking for a rental, which won't be easy because of my 3 pugs. :thumbdown

I just finished the Strawberry Blossom square and it was my first time to try the crab stitch, too. There are some great videos on youtube as well as some great tips in this thread that were given to me when I asked for help: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=144119

I wish you well (The finished product is WELL worth the effort of learning one or two new stitches) and hope you're able to find a rental quickly.

Archived