Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I started putting squares together that I've received!! My goal is to do a ghan that will fit on my bed.

I have this many so far + about 8 more!!

I have no pattern for the afghan - I just tried not to have too much of the same color next to each other!! When finished, I will trim it in black.

Are you whip stitching it together?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so excited to findy a beautiful square in the mail today from cshort! Thank you so much! It couldn't have arrived at a better time since I have felt very yucky today. It made my day to find your square and note.

:hugTHANK YOU!!! :hug

I started putting squares together that I've received!! My goal is to do a ghan that will fit on my bed.

I have this many so far + about 8 more!!

I have no pattern for the afghan - I just tried not to have too much of the same color next to each other!! When finished, I will trim it in black.

Looking great!

kuddles

I was so excited to findy a beautiful square in the mail today from cshort! Thank you so much! It couldn't have arrived at a better time since I have felt very yucky today. It made my day to find your square and note.

I received one from cshort today as well! Thank you for the delicious beauty!

wow, some nice eye candy up there!!

I havent yet heard from anyone I mailed out either, including biggest square, give it a couple more days, then Ill pm them, and ask If they were ever received!

Till then, still working on another charity afghan, just got to finish putting it together, have all the row together, now to whip stitch the rows to each other, lol Ill post when complete....

All for now, everyone enjoy thier day tomorrow, and have a good evening as well!

wow, some nice eye candy up there!!

I havent yet heard from anyone I mailed out either, including biggest square, give it a couple more days, then Ill pm them, and ask If they were ever received!

Till then, still working on another charity afghan, just got to finish putting it together, have all the row together, now to whip stitch the rows to each other, lol Ill post when complete....

All for now, everyone enjoy thier day tomorrow, and have a good evening as well!

Thanks, yes please PM them, mine should have gotten there by now!

You have a great day, evening and weekend!

kuddles

Hi Ladies, I've been busy unfortunately not crocheting but I did get lil_mama06 squares done. If you can just pm me your address, I'll send them out this weekend.

I think I am definitely going to have time this weekend to crochet. I've been working overtime so when I get home I'm just too tired to do anything. I have to get a hat and scarf done and then I'll be doing squares.

My sister called me yesterday and told me that she picked up about 10 crochet books for me from Goodwill. Hope they are not duplicates but from her description they sound liked older books. She's suppose to drop them off tonight. Can't wait. Love looking through crochet books.

Thanks, yes please PM them, mine should have gotten there by now!

You have a great day, evening and weekend!

kuddles

Me too. I sent her and mrs. McKee puffies last Wednesday, and I'm hoping they arrived safely.

I received one from cshort today as well! Thank you for the delicious beauty!

Received a beautiful pink square and a note from cshort in the mail yesterday! I'll try to get a pic of it up this weekend. Thanks, cshort!!! :hug

I'm glad that you all like the squares. I mailed some others too, hope they've arrived to their destinations as well.

wow, lots of squares not known for their where abouts....I will pm the ones I sent on the third of January, here's the thing, I sent Pat 54 one too, from Aussie Paula on the'

fifth of January, and she receivede it and posted already too! Maybe it's the mail again??? Maybe they don't get online due to being busy, maybe when they do arrive, they will all come in one big bunch for them lol ! we'll see...

Now, if you would all do me a special favor, or those of you that can that is, I have some squares, 6inch, in solids, and then I have a few in 8 inch asst multi's that are just taking up space here in my craft room. I used as many as I could for the ghan I am finished with as of this am, yay, and will post when the light is better...

Thing is, I would like to see some finsihed ghans, and if ANY of you are just needing a few of either size to complete a ghan, will you let me know.....IN fact, everyone let me know, lol even if you need 10 or more to finish, you never know, the mail man might bring little giftees to your box soon! Thanks all, take care, hope to have a bunch of people responding to a little bunch of sad squares, with no permanent home, cept the top of my shelf...........he he he..............

wow, lots of squares not known for their where abouts....I will pm the ones I sent on the third of January, here's the thing, I sent Pat 54 one too, from Aussie Paula on the'

fifth of January, and she receivede it and posted already too! Maybe it's the mail again??? Maybe they don't get online due to being busy, maybe when they do arrive, they will all come in one big bunch for them lol ! we'll see...

Now, if you would all do me a special favor, or those of you that can that is, I have some squares, 6inch, in solids, and then I have a few in 8 inch asst multi's that are just taking up space here in my craft room. I used as many as I could for the ghan I am finished with as of this am, yay, and will post when the light is better...

Thing is, I would like to see some finsihed ghans, and if ANY of you are just needing a few of either size to complete a ghan, will you let me know.....IN fact, everyone let me know, lol even if you need 10 or more to finish, you never know, the mail man might bring little giftees to your box soon! Thanks all, take care, hope to have a bunch of people responding to a little bunch of sad squares, with no permanent home, cept the top of my shelf...........he he he..............

I have been lucky to get squares; however, I'm not close to finishing an afghan. I would love to get 6" squares :)

Howdy Katy!

Re: finished ghans. I have been in touch with Aussie_Paula as she mentioned AAAAAGES ago that she had sent the missing 3 squares for my girls ghans. As of today, I still haven't received them. It is over a month now. This is madness!!!! It didn't take that long last time she sent me a packet, and visa versa. The ghans are very nearly complete... just these 3. :) I will post a WIP pic of Isabel's little flower ghan in the morning. :yes

i KNOW how long it can take, cos it took my package to reach her, over a month, honestly, then the second one, took only a week and a half.... Weird, lemme know if she mailed for sure, if not, I'll see what I can do, and are these three the 8 inchers?? Best of the best, to you and yours!

I received some gorgeous puffy packages in the mail the last couple days. Will take a pic and figure out how to post them Thank you to kateyallen,kuddles,cshort and abigail1280..

Hi Debbie!!! THought you disappeared and forgot about us, lol Glad they were received, and you liked them, we are not gluttens for praise here, ( ha ha) but it ALWAYS is so NICE to be acknowledged and thanked for the effort!! You are enjoying your reign as Biggest Square, and now ONE lost or MIA squares in my book is checked off! lol Posting pics is easy, you can refer to this link for help, and we love our eye candy!! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99290:cheer

I received some gorgeous puffy packages in the mail the last couple days. Will take a pic and figure out how to post them Thank you to kateyallen,kuddles,cshort and abigail1280..

Glad it arrived safely. Can't wait to see all the beautiful squares you've received.

I received a very pretty square from KatherineElaine yesterday, thank you so much.

I also received a very fat stuffy from Smith. It had 6, yes 6 squares in there.

Very pretty squares too.

Thank you both so much for thinking of me.

Archived