Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, blizzard warning here from this aft. to early tomorrow morning. Meeting daughter for lunch as she works till 6 tonight and she works near my house, not hers. lol.

Nothing much else, wind is expected to be causing near white out conditions, with only about 6 inches of snow though expected, most of the problem will be with freezing rain first, and then blowing snow later Im sure, so staying in after lunch, as it is n ot expected to hit till after 4 this aft.....Take care all, good to see you all are still alive and if not well, getting well!! Welcome back Vikingrunnergirl, good to see your post! later group, stay safe and keep well!

Haven't felt much like trying to interact, lately. It just seems too hard. :smiling

I'm working on a square for you, kuddles! I found a pattern I really like and I hope it'll work with the colors. I think it's working. Need to get farther along to tell.

Hugs to you! Hope 'it' gets better!

I'm sure I will LOVE the square you make me! Let me know when done and I'll PM ya my address!

Katy, we are only supposed to get between 1-3 inches here, but as you said it is the rain, topped by freezing rain, topped by snow and high winds that will do it! Stay safe everyone!

kuddles

hey kuddles! I catch Chicago's weather on cable now and then, ha ha, and think of you!

Thanks for thinking of me! And yes, think hard about me today.....rain all day, then changing to snow late afternoon just in time for me to pick up Baby K from aftercare, then winds up to 60 MPH! Yikes!

Everyone stay warm and safe wherever you are out there!

kuddles

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Over here, in Northern England, we have huge amounts of rainfall with flood warnings being issued by the weather office. Oh great, on the lead up to Xmas and some people face flooding. :(

Mr Skoggy is now better, Felicia still has a bit of cold but, poor baby Izzy, has currently got some fluid on her lungs and spends most of the time coughing and choking. Been to the Doc today and have been told to keep an eye on her and at the first sign of real difficulty breathing then to go to the ER. She should cough it out herself, so the Doc says, but its been 4 days already so she's either going to get better soon or worse. :(:hug

Hi all!!

Got a new member to announce!! KatherineElaine!! Kathy welcome! She would like to both give and receive, and her preferences are as follows,,

"I would like 6" squares in any varigated color in WW. No black please. " So there you have it, have fun all, I have some six inch ready to go tomorrow to her if i can get out, lol lots of snow, but managable I think!:think

Hi all!!

Got a new member to announce!! KatherineElaine!! Kathy welcome! She would like to both give and receive, and her preferences are as follows,,

"I would like 6" squares in any varigated color in WW. No black please. " So there you have it, have fun all, I have some six inch ready to go tomorrow to her if i can get out, lol lots of snow, but managable I think!:think

So glad you've joined us, Kathy! Now I have a GREAT excuse to go buy so varigated yarn. hehe

Hello ladies, I've been having computer issues again. I think it's ok now. That being said, I woke up at 4:00 this morning to the wind just howling so I decided to get up and check in on the ville and I lost my network connection. Now after spending 1.5 hours unplugging, plugging, re-setting I'm finally back on.

Welcome Kathy, from the queen:lol Sorry Ladies, it's just fun having the title.

Crhistel hope you are feeling better and I'd like to thank you very much for my very pretty squares. They are a deep burgundy which is one of my favorite colors.

post-18047-135897792825_thumb.jpg

Welcome Kathy!

I wonder when the other C'Ville-ians are going to come here as next years theme is squares. :lol Was half expecting a mass influx of members :D

Yes welcome Kathy!

Chi-Town did not get the snow as expected! Here nearer to the city, there was barely a dusting out there so I'm pleased. The wind will be high today though......

Last day of work and school for Baby K and I so we are anxious to come home tonite for our usual Friday Family Movie Nite! Of course we will watch a Christmas movie!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Yay! I'm so glad you got them and that you like them. Merry Christmas!!

Hello ladies, I've been having computer issues again. I think it's ok now. That being said, I woke up at 4:00 this morning to the wind just howling so I decided to get up and check in on the ville and I lost my network connection. Now after spending 1.5 hours unplugging, plugging, re-setting I'm finally back on.

Welcome Kathy, from the queen:lol Sorry Ladies, it's just fun having the title.

Crhistel hope you are feeling better and I'd like to thank you very much for my very pretty squares. They are a deep burgundy which is one of my favorite colors.

hello squares!

Snow is clearing on streets that are traveled a lot, and actually where Ilive, the plow has been by a couple of times, so becoming more managable by the hour me thinks! All in all, total inches were 7 and a half here at my house, more north I guess, but we are not in the jet stream usually here, lol

Some people still without power as well, but that is getting taken care of too, our lines, again, being lucky, are all underground here, so unless something takes out a sub station, we usually have electricity, thank goodness, I do have some light up hooks though, just in case, he he he!

Hope all is well in your nook of the world, and looking forward to Christmas as I am! take care till later squares!

hello squares!

Snow is clearing on streets that are traveled a lot, and actually where Ilive, the plow has been by a couple of times, so becoming more managable by the hour me thinks! All in all, total inches were 7 and a half here at my house, more north I guess, but we are not in the jet stream usually here, lol

Some people still without power as well, but that is getting taken care of too, our lines, again, being lucky, are all underground here, so unless something takes out a sub station, we usually have electricity, thank goodness, I do have some light up hooks though, just in case, he he he!

Hope all is well in your nook of the world, and looking forward to Christmas as I am! take care till later squares!

Holy cow. Thats too much snow for me :)

Hi!! Well I finally have all of my Christmas presents finished. Between today and tomorrow, I have about 30 gifts to wrap, and I have to bake pumpkin pies, cookie dough balls, and sugar cookies.

We're in the midst of a snow storm. We got poured on yesterday and it started snowing last night. Just a dusting at 9 am is now about 4". I just saw my hubby off. He's driving a semi tonight on 2 deliveries, so I'm praying he'll be ok.

Welcome Kathy!!!

Good Morning ladies, how is everyone. Just checking in to say hello. Everyone stay safe with all these storms. We had side-blowing rain yesterday and the winds are still blowing but no snow, yah. As much as a white Christmas is beautiful I just can't handle it anymore. I want to go where it's cool or warm most of the year, not cold or hot. Now I sound like a faucet. Ok back to crocheting my niece's baby blanket, her baby showing is coming up. Once this is complete I am going back to squares. I have several square books and there are quite a few I'd like to try.

Hi everyone !

Taking a break from my usual acrylic yarn and working with some silk :) the tag said 100% natural silk from a foreign country. Cant remember wich one :/ but the colors are fabulous :) and its so silky lol

ImmaFreek, that is really pretty yarn.

I mixed up some cookie doughs last night to refrigerate, started baking at 7 this morning and finished about 3 this afternoon and I'm tired. So it's crochet time.

I have some squares ready to go but will probably not get to the post office until a couple days after Christmas.

16 not counting the one is just used. Thought everyone could use a little eye candy :hug

That really looks yummy. I have been wanting to get it for a project, but it will require lots of commitment due to how much it will cost. At the moment, I'm assembling the Tunisian crochet bag so I can felt it. After that, I'm continuing with my fingerless gloves marathon for my family.

Hi, everyone! Should have started there. Oops!

Archived