Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

HI all, yeah, saw the cal, but kinda sorta am hemming and hawing about it yet so will decide another day....

Wow lil mama, I counted 7 pledges so far, each pledging two, for a total of 14! Not bad for first day out!

I want to see both those movies too, LIncoln, and Les Meserables, read the book a long time ago, on the Les Meserables, would like to see the movie now....lol Enjoy your grown up time Emma, and Kuddles!

One of my resolutions as well, is to photo whatever I count as completed this year, by the month. May be some months that go by without anything completed, but I will know Im working on them, lol Thinking of starting a thread to keep track, and then others could join in as well, it would be image laden, im sure, lol What ya think???

I have a few pics to post too, of things completed last month, I will have to photo that, and then put them out there too.....

Our local homeless shelter in the city, put out a call for hats, gloves, scarves, and mittens, as much needed, with our cold spell in full swing, that was last week, and since, have completed a few hats, before today, will count the other two, for January though, as i finsihed them today......and I have an order I haven't even started yet, for red fingerless gloves, from a gal, that until she saw mine, thought fingerless gloves were sort of contradictory to say the least, in keeping the cold at bay! Now she wants a pair, just like "those" only in red please, lol

All for now, lets keep on hooking, no matter whatever else this year throws our way!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Lil Mama!

I'm planning to get healthier as my New Year's Resolution. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of my weight, but I know I just can't lose it, I really have to change my whole lifestyle. So, I'm giving myself today and tomorrow (my birthday), to eat whatever, and then everything will change.

Katie I like your idea. I usually take pics of all of my work to send to a friend of mine who lives far away. I should put more of them online and keep track.

Good morning and happy new year!

I pledge 2 squares to the January square! Hope the crown fit! Hope I didn't stretch it out with my big head!

For those not familiar with Melinda Miller.....she designs squares and is on ravelry. Lots of free squares! I have many many of her designs.....well she started a CAL today....one new square each month and this month's is gorgeous! If you make them all, you will have a nice big afghan at the end of the year! I'm doing it this year dang it!

Well, off I go. I actually get two hours without DD today! She is going to play over at a friends, while me and a friend of mine go see the movie Lincoln! A grown up two hours! Wow!

Have a good day!

kuddles

I love her stuff! Where is she hosting the CAL at?

Thank you very much. I can't wait to receive your squares. It appears I gave our lovely leader anxiety. I was/still am helping my husband with a job (construction) and I hadn't been on. I come on and there's 2 messages. I click on the newest one first and she's like Please let me know. I was like Whoa, what..I accepted. I'm really excited. I did however hurt my left hip today. I'm not as spry as I once was and thought I'd help the hubs and hop in the back of his truck to get some wood pellets for our customer on his tail gate. Well I hopped up fine, it's when I moved to get a better fit with my right and my left leg just went out from under me. So I was sitting on the couch all day, I even watched some tv. We know our customer so it wasn't horribly awkward. Just wished I had my crochet with me. Honey says I'm going tomorrow, so if I feel yucky, I will bring my crochet bag.

I will also have to go check out that monthly crochet square, sounds really neat. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL..And may it be a wonderfully prosperous new year for everyone.

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for all the thanks for the square CAL.....just go to ravelry and look up Melinda Miller under groups and you will find it! Also I joined Julie Yeager's group on ravelry, she is also doing a CAL with new squares so you might want to join that one too! I'm giddy thinking of all the new squares I'll get this year! Maybe I'll finally make myself a ghan!

Thanks Emma, my friend and I saw Lincoln, it was really great! Then the friend watching DD asked me to stay for dinner when I went over to pick her up so......bonus!

I'm back to work today after 11 days in a row off. Ugh....oh well....gotta do it!

Hugs to all that need a hug and see ya later!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for all the thanks for the square CAL.....just go to ravelry and look up Melinda Miller under groups and you will find it! Also I joined Julie Yeager's group on ravelry, she is also doing a CAL with new squares so you might want to join that one too! I'm giddy thinking of all the new squares I'll get this year! Maybe I'll finally make myself a ghan!

I joined the Melinda Miller CAL yesterday and have almost finished the January square. So much fun!! I had to make myself put it down last night to go to bed - at almost 2 am. :eek I'm so thankful for my DH who got up with the kids this morning to make sure they got out the door in time for the school bus.

I am going to look for the Julie Yeagar CAL now. If it is 12" squares, too, I'll just combine them all into one afghan so that it can be a little bigger. :cheer

I joined the Melinda Miller CAL yesterday and have almost finished the January square. So much fun!! I had to make myself put it down last night to go to bed - at almost 2 am. :eek I'm so thankful for my DH who got up with the kids this morning to make sure they got out the door in time for the school bus.

I am going to look for the Julie Yeagar CAL now. If it is 12" squares, too, I'll just combine them all into one afghan so that it can be a little bigger. :cheer

Woo Hoo! so fun! Can't wait to finally make my own squares for my own ghan!

kuddles

I joined both groups today but haven't started any squares yet. I think I might work on mine during the monthly charity CAL (if they're continuing this year) and use them for the afghans I donate to the nursing home where my sewing guild group meets.

Hi Ladies. I mailed out 3 puffies today, including one each to December and January's biggest squares.

I'm probably going to join the CALs too. Though right now I just don't have the energy. I'm working on my 3rd cold since I've started my job, and this one came complete with a fever. Lovely gift to me, though honestly I wish it woulda came with a new car, or something else I could use, lol. I've been crocheting while I'm sitting here watching a movie, but nothing that I actually have to follow a pattern and concentrate on. Soon, I will dose myself with some NyQuil and crawl into bed. I do have to work tomorrow, and I'd at least like to make an effort.

Thank you very much. I can't wait to receive your squares. It appears I gave our lovely leader anxiety. I was/still am helping my husband with a job (construction) and I hadn't been on. I come on and there's 2 messages. I click on the newest one first and she's like Please let me know. I was like Whoa, what..I accepted. I'm really excited. I did however hurt my left hip today. I'm not as spry as I once was and thought I'd help the hubs and hop in the back of his truck to get some wood pellets for our customer on his tail gate. Well I hopped up fine, it's when I moved to get a better fit with my right and my left leg just went out from under me. So I was sitting on the couch all day, I even watched some tv. We know our customer so it wasn't horribly awkward. Just wished I had my crochet with me. Honey says I'm going tomorrow, so if I feel yucky, I will bring my crochet bag.

I will also have to go check out that monthly crochet square, sounds really neat. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL..And may it be a wonderfully prosperous new year for everyone.

Hi Ladies. I mailed out 3 puffies today, including one each to December and January's biggest squares.

I'm probably going to join the CALs too. Though right now I just don't have the energy. I'm working on my 3rd cold since I've started my job, and this one came complete with a fever. Lovely gift to me, though honestly I wish it woulda came with a new car, or something else I could use, lol. I've been crocheting while I'm sitting here watching a movie, but nothing that I actually have to follow a pattern and concentrate on. Soon, I will dose myself with some NyQuil and crawl into bed. I do have to work tomorrow, and I'd at least like to make an effort.

Poor kim.....Poor Debbie!!

maybe some eye candy will cheer you up. I just set up a thread to keep track of Projects Completed Monthly, for January,take a look, and when you are feeling better, hope to see you there, with your finished items too!!!!:hug

I got the January Biggest Square's two squares done last nite! I've PM'd her for the address and hope to get them out soon!

kuddles

You go girl!! You are on top of things for sure!!!!!! I mailed mine out just today!! To the biggest square, and four others, so heads up "squares'!!

I'm on it Katy! Woot!

I used a new pattern....and did each in a different color. Hope she likes them!

I'm really into quick projects right now....for instant gratification!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Sorry I haven't been around much (at all) in the last few months. :blush We had a surprise move, a few losses in the family/friend circle and now I'm :crocheting my fingers off working on an afghan for my god cousin (?) to give to my cousin/her god mother. It needs to be done in about 2 weeks and it's about 60-70% done.

As soon as I get that all completed and shipped off, I'll be back with a vengeance! I miss all the square hooking, the fun puffies and this thread! :hug

Sorry I haven't been around much (at all) in the last few months. :blush We had a surprise move, a few losses in the family/friend circle and now I'm :crocheting my fingers off working on an afghan for my god cousin (?) to give to my cousin/her god mother. It needs to be done in about 2 weeks and it's about 60-70% done.

As soon as I get that all completed and shipped off, I'll be back with a vengeance! I miss all the square hooking, the fun puffies and this thread! :hug

Welcome back! Here's to a better 2013!!

kuddles

Good morning Squares!

Finished up the square from Melinda Miller's CAL this morning, it is awesome! If I can keep it up each month, I'll have a ghan at the end of the year! A first for me!

Have a good day all.......DD and I have errands to run!

kuddles

cshort,

Thank you immensely for the two squares you sent. They are so soft and perfect. I love the note that came with it. I almost wanted to keep the squares for myself ;)

Happy Weekend, everybody!

I'm glad you like them.

AngelRoseLite

I finally rounded up all your squares and put them in a puffy,should go out sometime this week

Can I have Jan.square's address,as I'm caught up with other obligations now,thanks

Archived