Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oooh, hoping everyone that isn't feeling well, gets well soon....Hate to hear of the flu rearing it's ugly head again. we are getting such mild weather here, more like fallish than winter, so hard to think of those things! Hope it holds out, i wouldn't miss it if it didn't snow at all this winter, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking! Take care of the little ones!! All my daughter would take to keep hydrated when she was little, was popcicles, lol did the trick!! The deliciously real fruity ones!! I used to stock boxes of them in the freezer, lol Take care all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Baby K and Little Isabel get over their illnesses soon. I hate seeing sick babies. They are troopers, though. They handle being sick better than we do. That's how my nieces and nephews have been. Poor things. Get better soon!

Skoggy, I love your Yoda hat. Did you use a pattern for it? You did a fabulous job. The picture wasn't bad at all. I'm sure your dad's best friend's grandson will look just adorable when he wears it. I wish I had one! lol. He's going to be stylin' ;)

Now that I'm home after watching the fight at my little brother's house, I'm ready to pick up my hook again. I have a dispute with DirecTV and so am now without service until we get it figured out. I'll never bundle service again! In the meantime, with no TV, I'm crocheting up a storm! I caught up with a few shows online. I might start watching some DVD's now. lol

Have a relaxing Sunday, everyone!

Lordy Emma, I can't believe you got shopping all done with a new baby and a toddler, what a woman!

A Mommy has got to do what a Mommy has got to do :lol Luckily Baby Isabel slept for most of the time. :)

Skoggy, I love your Yoda hat. Did you use a pattern for it? You did a fabulous job. The picture wasn't bad at all. I'm sure your dad's best friend's grandson will look just adorable when he wears it. I wish I had one! lol. He's going to be stylin' ;)

This the link for the pattern on Ravelry: here. It not a free one though. I added the brim to it though because it didn't look finished with out it. It's just back loop sc's for a couple of rows.

I'm thinking about making my toddler one... to go with her Ewok cowl. Can you guess I like Star Wars? :lol My next purchase is going to be the entire collection of Lucy Ravenscar's Star Wars Ami's. It's $37 so got to make sure I can afford them. :manyheart Sci-Fi! :manyheart

oooh, hoping everyone that isn't feeling well, gets well soon....Hate to hear of the flu rearing it's ugly head again. we are getting such mild weather here, more like fallish than winter, so hard to think of those things! Hope it holds out, i wouldn't miss it if it didn't snow at all this winter, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking! Take care of the little ones!! All my daughter would take to keep hydrated when she was little, was popcicles, lol did the trick!! The deliciously real fruity ones!! I used to stock boxes of them in the freezer, lol Take care all!

We use to pick huckleberries in the summer and freeze them in small jars to use just when we get sick in the winter or we'd get Tang and put it in snow for a snowcone treat.....

Now that I'm home after watching the fight at my little brother's house, I'm ready to pick up my hook again. I have a dispute with DirecTV and so am now without service until we get it figured out. I'll never bundle service again! In the meantime, with no TV, I'm crocheting up a storm! I caught up with a few shows online. I might start watching some DVD's now. lol

Have a relaxing Sunday, everyone!

Did watch the MME fights last night? Henderson is in my neck of the woods! His legs were like tree stumps!

off to a wonderful day at work....I am hoping to finish my Christmas afghan this week! I have to add several rows to my Christmas tree skirt too, it's way too small.

I do have a few squares to go out for the 'remarkable grand square queen' hopefully on Tuesday!

Good morning all, nice to hear from everyone!

Well after a good nites sleep, thanks to benedryl, Baby K (she is 8) has energy this morning! Plus she got a remote Barbie car yesterday from her godmother and somehow, a new toy makes her feel better! She is still very clogged up, but I think we dodged the strep monster!

Take care all! Lots to do today!

kuddles

I'm trying to make an afghan for a 3 yr old that I know that has started having seizures and I would like to know if any of my fellow crocheters would like to help me with it? If so I need 8" bright girl colors please and thank you.

A Mommy has got to do what a Mommy has got to do :lol Luckily Baby Isabel slept for most of the time. :)

This the link for the pattern on Ravelry: here. It not a free one though. I added the brim to it though because it didn't look finished with out it. It's just back loop sc's for a couple of rows.

I'm thinking about making my toddler one... to go with her Ewok cowl. Can you guess I like Star Wars? :lol My next purchase is going to be the entire collection of Lucy Ravenscar's Star Wars Ami's. It's $37 so got to make sure I can afford them. :manyheart Sci-Fi! :manyheart

Thanks for the link. I agree that the brim finishes it off nicely. I'd love to see your SW amis when you make them. May the force... well, you know ;)

We use to pick huckleberries in the summer and freeze them in small jars to use just when we get sick in the winter or we'd get Tang and put it in snow for a snowcone treat.....

Did watch the MME fights last night? Henderson is in my neck of the woods! His legs were like tree stumps!

off to a wonderful day at work....I am hoping to finish my Christmas afghan this week! I have to add several rows to my Christmas tree skirt too, it's way too small.

I do have a few squares to go out for the 'remarkable grand square queen' hopefully on Tuesday!

Actually, I watched the boxing matches yesterday. I'm not a big fan. My brother invited me over, and it's been a while since I visited. I'm glad I visited. The food was yummy, we had a cake for my BFF as well as my SIL, and we got to watch a spectacular fight. It was a great time. I'm glad this fight didn't bore me.

Been trying to get caught up on reading posts. Sorry I've been MIA lately. Hate that life seems to get in the way of crocheting! :(

How's everyone been?? Not much to report from Texas... Except that its actually feeling like winter now! I was in capris and short sleeves on Saturday. But bundled up today for sure. Supposed to be a low in the 30's tomorrow. Yikes! This Houston girl isn't used to that!!

oh definate chill in the air here, windows frosted this am, I think it was 6 or something, warming up though, as the week goes on....

It's ok, I can do the cold, I can even do the snow, what I don't like much is the ice!

Nothing much new to report, have been going through a box of stuff I had in a bin in the closet, forgot I made that stuff, lol Planning another trip to the retirement center, with a couple things! Might find some things for a giveaway, I dunno yet , jury is still out on that one!

Hope all is well in your parts, and those of you not feeling well, feel better soon!!!!

Good morning everyone !

My sick DD is finally getting better. Dr said she has strep :( but shes on meda and finally starting to eat normally again. Shes been sick since tuesday, so momma is pretty worn down from being up all hours of the night for almost a week. But we are going to take a nap now :) See you all later

Sorry to hear your DD has been diagnoised with strep, Lacey. Hope she, and you, feel better soon. :hug

:woo I received the first squares for MY afghan! And they are perfect colours for my "chocolate" themed afghan. Thank you grannyannie :hug:day

The lighter coloured one is lighter on the pic because I needed to use the flash on my dark brown couch as the other wouldn't show. :lol

post-54070-135897790948_thumb.jpg

how cool, vanilla and chocolate always looks so tasty when put together, lol.

strep throat huh, maybe time to get those tonsils out, Im not a big promoter of unneeded surgery though, but sometimes, it is inevitable I guess.....

I still have my tonsils! woo hoo!

Pat 54, square went out yesterday to y ou, and to Analisa!!, Keep on the look out in your mail!!

Nice squares Emma, I know I have some for you in my pile, Ill try to get some out soon in your chocolate good colors!

Sorry to hear your DD has been diagnoised with strep, Lacey. Hope she, and you, feel better soon. :hug

:woo I received the first squares for MY afghan! And they are perfect colours for my "chocolate" themed afghan. Thank you grannyannie :hug:day

The lighter coloured one is lighter on the pic because I needed to use the flash on my dark brown couch as the other wouldn't show. :lol

[ATTACH]60856[/ATTACH]

Those are very pretty squares.

Hey December Square! Your two squares are going out in the mail this morning! Be on the lookout and hope you like them!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I am sure I will love them. One of the things I love about doing the friendship ghan is that everyone is different, some are elaborate and some are plain grannies but they were all made by someone on the ville and that's what makes every square special.

Good morning everyone !

My sick DD is finally getting better. Dr said she has strep :( but shes on meda and finally starting to eat normally again. Shes been sick since tuesday, so momma is pretty worn down from being up all hours of the night for almost a week. But we are going to take a nap now :) See you all later

I am glad to hear your daughter is feeling better, it's always hard when the kids are sick.

I am on my way to the doctor. I have had a stuffed head and sore throat for 3 weeks I just can't shake. Yesterday my ear started hurting so to the doctor we go.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Spent the morning/early afternoon with my mom. Today is her birthday. We went to the beauty school an got our hair dyed and fixed up then went to lunch. Now im waiting for the kids to get home. Hope you all are having a good day :hug

Good morning!

Are you all ready for Christmas? Meaning....have all projects been finished? tree up and decorated? cookies baked? shopping done?

I am done with it all I'm so happy to say! Baby K will be spoiled *again* this year of course!

Take care friends!

kuddles

Today I started a new project (yep - I definitely needed one more!). I have been wanting the book, 100 Snowflakes to Crochet by Caitlin Sainio for a while. Yesterday I was in Books A Million and I couldn't resist it anymore! I've got 5 snowflakes finished. Once I get them blocked I'll post pictures. They've been a lot of fun to make!

Now back to the squares. pat - I'm going to try to get your squares in the mail tomorrow. :) I still have a couple other squares I need to get finished.

As for Christmas, the shopping is finished and the decorating done. I still have tons of cookies to bake though. I'm saving that for after the kids are out of school for Christmas break. My baby girl (14 years old) is coming down with something so, as Mom and jack of many trades, I get to wear my nurse's hat this week.

I hope everyone is enjoying their week. Happy Crocheting!

Archived