Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hey, happy campers, I hope ya'll don't mind my butting in here to announce that the official Crochetville 9-month granny square swap (totally and completely inspired by all the fun you've been having over here) is about to start February 1.

We'll be swapping squares (and nothing else, so this is one of our budget swaps) for the rest of the year. The square theme (be it color, a topic--like St. Pat's Day) will change every month. Of course, you sign up for each swap individually, so no one is obligated to make that month's square unless they want to.

So if you want to finish your friendship 'ghan twice as fast, come join us. You'll be able to specify some parameters (type of yarn; in some months, color) on the swap survey to make sure you get a square you want.

If you've never swapped on Crochetville before, I urge you to join us. We have a lot of fun, and they are very addictive. You can read the guidelines for swaps and the survey before committing, and we have a couple of swaps running right now if you want to see how things work.

Patty

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you AngelRoseLite/Maria for the lovely squares. They are perfect :)

I will lay out all the squares and post a pic in a bit. :hug

They arrived quickly! I'm glad you got them. Hopefully the other package I sent out reaches its destination soon. A third package went out today to Kuddles. I plan to make some for Pineknott and smith this weekend and to send them out early next week.

It's almost the weekend! Yay! :cheer

Haven't been on in a couple of days, not feeling good for awhile and work is crazy.

I want to thank AngelRoseLite for the 3 very pretty squares I received today. I really appreciate them and love the colors.

Well, that's should now complete the ghan, now to put it together. That may take a bit but I really can't wait to get it started.

Katie, you can now mark me as no more needed.

Thank all you ladies for the squares.

Haven't been on in a couple of days, not feeling good for awhile and work is crazy.

I want to thank AngelRoseLite for the 3 very pretty squares I received today. I really appreciate them and love the colors.

Well, that's should now complete the ghan, now to put it together. That may take a bit but I really can't wait to get it started.

You're welcome. We'll be happy to see it all put together. Congrats :)

Oh, that is so exciting! Thanks Maria for being that angel!

Thank you AngelRoseLite/Maria for the lovely squares. They are perfect :)

I will lay out all the squares and post a pic in a bit. :hug

Oh can't wait for pics, are you needing more or are you complete now??

Good morning gals!

I'm SO happy it is Friday, ready for the work week to be done! I have been crocheting just not squares.....and getting ready for the cold blast coming to Chicago on Sunday nite!

Stay warm and dry and happy hooking!

kuddles

Can I join this? I'm brand new and just started crocheting a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure how many I could do in a month but this sounds like fun!

We would love to have you here :) if you decide to join us pm katyallen with your color and yarn preferences if you would like to collect squares and she will add you to the list on page one. Hope to see you around :hug

Can I join this? I'm brand new and just started crocheting a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure how many I could do in a month but this sounds like fun!

Welcome to the group

Well, there's the whole thing about deliberating and voting and seeing if you can join this very exclusive group, but incentives are welcome ;)

lol. You are more than welcome to join in! As stated before, let katyallen know what size and colors you want your squares. Congratulations on your new obsession -- er, hobby!

Thanks for the giggles ladies! As soon as I recieve the new members "credentials!', lol as to size, and color, and her addy, I will add her to the list! As for this group, our Squares, I don't think I couldd find a better bunch of people anywhere else! So Queser, let me know, and welcome to the Square-iest bunch on the ville!!

ah yes, coming up on 3 months, you gotta post another pic of the girls together, Emma!

As requested Katie :hug

The Skogglets - Isabel (2mo) and Felicia (18mo) :D

post-54070-13589779785_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the giggles ladies! As soon as I recieve the new members "credentials!', lol as to size, and color, and her addy, I will add her to the list! As for this group, our Squares, I don't think I couldd find a better bunch of people anywhere else! So Queser, let me know, and welcome to the Square-iest bunch on the ville!!

Looked at your Photobucket - wow! Especially loved the southwest squares and the big granny!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! Got a stuffed puffy today and it contained three, count em three! squares from AngelRoseLite!

I love them! Thanks so much, what great additions to my others!

Hugs!

kuddles

Kuddles, due to all the running around today, I couldn't mail you your squares. I'll send them tomorrow. I really hope you like them. The cotton selection wasn't what I had hoped it would be. I'll order online next time.

Everyone have a beautiful day :)

How adorable! I love how the baby's hair is sticking straight up!

Hehe both my girls are rockers like their Mom and Dad so its only fitting Isabel has a mohawk :P Only joking. She was born with thick hair like me and it just hasn't settled down yet. Makes her look cool though :lol

As requested Katie :hug

The Skogglets - Isabel (2mo) and Felicia (18mo) :D

[ATTACH]61938[/ATTACH]

Adorable!!!!!!!!HOw cute, love the faces!

Looked at your Photobucket - wow! Especially loved the southwest squares and the big granny!

well hey, thanks analisa!

Ok I sent the message. Sorry, I had a party last night and another this afternoon.

I am not sure on a project yet so I was a little vague. I'm thinking an afghan but not sure which room for!

welcome Clare! I sent you an email with the info you asked about, and want to say glad you joined!

We have a new member, Clare, and her preferences are, and I quote,

" I am going to say any color but prefer blues, creams, browns. Any size is good for now too. "

So thats easy, and going to be fun, new blood so to speak, huh ladies! I know I am chomping at the bit to get some to her, how bout you all!

Oh, and Clare, our Biggest Square is LilMama06 this month, if you read the first post, you will know she was chosen to be showered with a square or two, from those of us that can!

Ok, well everyone, welcome Clare, and keep on hookin'!! :manyheart

Archived