Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

First and foremost, So sorry for you loss Pat.....

Secondly, everyone is taking a bit of a break it seems in crochet, but hopefully, when the first arrives you all will check in and see to whom the crown has passed!

I did hear from her today, and she is excited to be crowned, and I also know Pat54 will pass the crown gracefully, as all others before her have......For instance, No missing jewles, no hair spray on it, and polished up to shine like the sun, lol

Some former wearer of the crown, told me she used instant freeze hair spray, and it took lots of polish and elbow grease to get it cleaned up in time! ha ha ha.

Glad we are moving along through this year, Im ready for a better one, but at the same time, always grateful for the good things that came to me in 2012, including, I might add, THIS CAL!! lol so just a thank you to all of you, from me, with wishes for a bright and squarey kinda 2013!!!!!!!

what else, lets see, oh I finally put together some of the squares I had in a bin, waiting to become part of something, and I made a ghan out of at least 63 of them, lol look for that post soon , as I haven't taken a pic quite yet, Ill wait for better light tomorrow!!

I guess that is the last thing, other than maybe some individual squares i may have to make, that I will have completed this year......but looking forward to the first thing completed, In January!! woo hoo!! One of the resolutions I intend to make this coming new year, is to keep better track, and documentation of the things I make this coming year, and make sure to PHOTO them lol How bout you all, got any resolutuions yet?? Never too soon to start thinking about making a few, Like cleaning out a closet, like crsheridan, or frogging and replacing some squares to match the yellows, like KIM, right!! lol not to mention cleaning up a few works in progress along the way!

Good morning all!

I finished a third 8" square last nite...Melinda Miller designs all......so waiting to see if the new square wants 8" and if the colors will work out....if not, I'll keep these and make more and make a lapghan out of it!

I finished a sewn purse yesterday that I started 6 months ago and it was a bear to make! I don't know if any of you sew but I got a Studio Kat purse pattern and oh my was it confusing and tough and long and .....well you get it! It looks nice....but not pretty enough for all the work it took! I asked DD what she thought and usually she says, oh so pretty or I like it. This time " uh, it's okay".....just what I wanted to hear after spending probably a total of 8 hours making the dang thing! Oh well........back to my tried and true pattern, already have it cut out and ready to start!

For my projects this year: I plan to continue making bags and baby items for a local charity I discovered a few months ago. I gave them a box full and they were so grateful! They help out local single moms with items for the newborns.....and beyond.

Okay, this is long now! Just call me Katie (LOL)!!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

For the new yea my resolution is to try to keep my WIPs to a max of 10 :) and try to finish projects in a timely manner. I have a bit of crochet ADD lol. I also want to send squares out more. Ive benn making them but the bank always seems to get in the way.

skoggy , i am still working on the package that i want to send you. im adding more to it before i send it out :) please pM me with some of your likes and dislikes :) and how old the kiddos are now :)

Hope everyone is doing well and see you all afterwhile. :hug

skoggy , i am still working on the package that i want to send you. im adding more to it before i send it out :) please pM me with some of your likes and dislikes :) and how old the kiddos are now :)

Oh crieky! How super kind of you! :hug I'll drop you a PM shortly. :)

Well, I guess I'm down for the count...Fell and broke my left hand.. cast up to my elbow...extremely hard to do everything, let alone crochet...I will continue to read your banter and enjoy the eye candy...Guess my NY resolution was/is to not purchase anymore yarn til current stash is used up and designated projects completed...WOW...THAT's no fun...Hope everyone has a safe and sane NY...

Well, I guess I'm down for the count...Fell and broke my left hand.. cast up to my elbow...extremely hard to do everything, let alone crochet...I will continue to read your banter and enjoy the eye candy...Guess my NY resolution was/is to not purchase anymore yarn til current stash is used up and designated projects completed...WOW...THAT's no fun...Hope everyone has a safe and sane NY...

You poor thing! I'm so sorry! Take good care of yourself.....and yes, please keep checking in!

kuddles

Oh I am so sorry, hope you are not in too much pain and hope you are better soon.:hug

Since I will probably not be on tomorrow, I'd like to give my stepping down speech tonight.:soap It has been an honor to be your Square Queen and I hope I did you proud. For all of those that have sent squares or have told me they are on the way, thank you they are truly appreciated. :manyheart

I wish the new Square Queen the same wonderful success during her reign. :nworthy

Now that my royal duties are complete, I will have the time to get some squares out to the you.:hook

Pat, my most sincere condolences. May your uncle rest in peace and you and your family find solace in knowing he is in a much better place. Lots of hugs xxx

This past week, after working on stuff at home and work, I have been sitting down at night to "crochet a little" while watching The Tudors on hulu. Twice now I've been surprised by sunrise, and the other times, it's been 4 a.m. before I realize I should be going to bed. I will try my best to sleep at a decent hour tonight because my dad and sisters and their broods are coming over. Yay! My dad arrived yesterday morning from Ciudad Juarez. It's a relief he's here. It happens to be one of the most dangerous places in Mexico. I will thoroughly pamper him and my stepmom during the month they're here.

Happy New Year to everyone :)

Maria

oh, poor estee, so sorry about your wrist! How long to heal, probably like 6 to 8 weeks of no crochet, wow,,,,,,,, Im depressed FOR you! lol You can read, and watch movies or something, can you drive?? Again so sorry to hear of this! Get better super fast!

Since I will probably not be on tomorrow, I'd like to give my stepping down speech tonight.:soap It has been an honor to be your Square Queen and I hope I did you proud. For all of those that have sent squares or have told me they are on the way, thank you they are truly appreciated. :manyheart

I wish the new Square Queen the same wonderful success during her reign. :nworthy

Now that my royal duties are complete, I will have the time to get some squares out to the you.:hook

wow, what a wonderful speech! You were a great Biggest Square, and looking forward to January's biggest square as well...Always fun to find out who got chosen, and what size and color they need huh! Thanks Pat for being such a gracious Queen! Power to the Crown, Hec, Power to the Hook too!!

Hi gals! I've been making a square a nite while watching TV, using some yarn from my stash and enjoying making new patterns! Having a lot of fun seeing how they turn out!

Today we are laying low.....I did promise DD a mini blizzard from DQ as a 'treat' for new year's eve. We will have a 'splurge' of pizza tonite and tomorrow, hang around home. It will only be up to 20 tomorrow so a good day to stay in!

Have a great day all! Hope everyone gets to feeling better/gets a lot done/enjoys life!

kuddles

Estee, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you recover swiftly and well.

Can't wait to see who the new Queen of Square Hill is going to be. Although, I haven't got my pledges out yet but I will. :yes

Hope you all have a good NYE / Day and I hope that 2013 is a really good year for you all. Hookin' hugs from Emma, Patric, Felicia and Isabel :hug :hug :hug

Estee, I hope you mend quickly.

Pat, your squares are in the mail as of today. I also mailed a few other puffies.

I undecorated today and now I plan to ring in the new year with my yarn and hook. I'm planning to stay home tonight and tomorrow the grandkids will be here while my daughter and son-in-law attend a wedding.

I'll probably be back here again before the day is over but just so I don't miss anyone

:yay Happy New Year! :yay

Happy New Year to all, a little early, but best early, than not at all!!

Are you all ready to find out the newest Queen, and Biggest Square of all of January, quite an honor, first queen in the new year!!!

Ok, here goes, it is Lil_mama06!!!!!! Congratz Debbie!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I will open the pledges, with TWO from me. maybe more....She would like

6 inch squares, any color!! Easy Peasy!! This is gonna be fun! I like doing 6 inch squares, they are so quick and gratifying!! :clap

So, Have a great New Years, and will see you all back here soon!:queen

One of my resolutions is to once again attempt to get squares sent out. I still haven't got those puffies to the post office just yet. But it's a new year (in a few minutes) so they're gonna find their forever homes. I am also attempting to make at least 2 squares for each Biggest Square monthly pick, so I'm going to look at lil_mama06's choices!

Happy New Year to you all and may 2013 bring you happiness, laughter, health & love.

Good morning and happy new year!

I pledge 2 squares to the January square! Hope the crown fit! Hope I didn't stretch it out with my big head!

For those not familiar with Melinda Miller.....she designs squares and is on ravelry. Lots of free squares! I have many many of her designs.....well she started a CAL today....one new square each month and this month's is gorgeous! If you make them all, you will have a nice big afghan at the end of the year! I'm doing it this year dang it!

Well, off I go. I actually get two hours without DD today! She is going to play over at a friends, while me and a friend of mine go see the movie Lincoln! A grown up two hours! Wow!

Have a good day!

kuddles

Congratulations to the January "square queen" lil_mama06.

Hope you enjoy your reign.:cheer

I pledge two squares and hope you get them out to you soon.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Congrats to the new square Queen! I'll pledge a couple. Getting Pats out in a couple of days so time for the next pledge. :D

Kuddles, it's nice that you are getting some grown up time. I, too, am getting some grown up time soon. My Mom and I are going to see Les Misérables. I'm the only one in the family that would see something like that with her so we are off to the movies! Last time we did ANYthing together, we saw Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I'm going to look into that square CAL too. Thanks for that.

Archived