Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 not counting the one is just used. Thought everyone could use a little eye candy :hug

Really pretty! I'd love to see your finished project :)

I haven't crocheted in 2 days, so I'm thinking about starting something today. I still need to make squares to send to Pat, so that will be first on my list. Got all my presents wrapped last night, and the baking is just about finished. I just need to drizzle some chocolate over some cookies. I'll probably do that at some point today. I have to go in and work 3 whole hours tomorrow.

oh, i hope all is well with you all, just stopped in to thank BRENDA, for the lovely Christmas Card, and a most delicate precious snowflake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its lovely, thank you so much for thinking of me! I will also post in the thank you thread so EVERYONE knows how wonderfully generous and thoughtful you are!!!!!!!!! Cause we already know it! lol

Lacey, that yarn is working up beautifully!

I hope everyone is having the best holiday season they can! ^_^ I had a nice little personal Solstice celebration over the weekend, and tomorrow is Christmas day with the in-laws and our little guy's cousins. So four little kids running around, lots of presents to open, and plenty of food and snacks.

AND we had a pre-Christmas party yesterday for all the aunts and uncles to attend, too, and you'll never guess who showed up: Santa Claus! He had candy canes for everyone and presents for the kids and took pictures with everyone and we had the most excited kids you ever saw. Though the oldest one is telling me right now that he thinks the Santa yesterday was tricking us, because "when we were outside I saw a chim-i-thee, and I know he didn't come down the chim-i-thee then so I think he was not the real Santa."

Ok, we're going to find a picture of a supernova quick. Happy holidays, everyone!! :sheepxmas

oh, i hope all is well with you all, just stopped in to thank BRENDA, for the lovely Christmas Card, and a most delicate precious snowflake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its lovely, thank you so much for thinking of me! I will also post in the thank you thread so EVERYONE knows how wonderfully generous and thoughtful you are!!!!!!!!! Cause we already know it! lol

Well, I think you are special and am grateful you keep this CAL moving along. Merry Christmas to everyone and let's all get ready to square in the New Year. Pat I hope you are finding yourself showered in squares.

such nice words, thanks again Brenda!! I just realized, tomorrow it will be time to pick and then notify the new square for January, even though she won't take the "reigns" ha ha, till the first, i always do it in advance to make sure we have a cooperative winner! So, in light of the fact that tomorrow is Christmas, and everyone will be busy, decided to randomly choose and notify our next queen today!! yay!

I have done so now, and will notify her or him, by pm and or email very shortly!!! Woo hoo, another present for HER or HIM to open !!!

I hope everyone is keeping warm. I got sick over the weekend. Sick or not, a younger sister and I make tamales every year. I didn't miss it this year. Thankfully she had some daytime meds that helped me get through making at least 15 dozen tamales. It was a big bunch -- 5 siblings, 10 nieces and nephews, and 1 boyfriend (niece's) -- and the tamales almost disappeared! lol. Today I get to deal with a water leak from my bedroom ceiling. I'll crochet and hope it magically disappears.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Anyone ship squares other than via the post office? How the rate differ? Our population more than doubled this last few months so getting into anywhere is crazy this time of year. Gotta love this weather though!

oooh, so much for me to catch up on, lol..Lovely yarn, Ive always been afraid to use the expensive yarns, I might get used to it, and never wanna go back, but wouldn't be able to spend that much to keep me in stock of the good stuff!! Must be a dream to work with!!!

Cookies sound great, although I have had my fill by now and the rest of mine will probably go to the squirels if no one eats them soon

How we all doing on our pledges, everyone all caught up after the Christmas Rush of home doings?? Still waiting to hear from our next biggest square, if not by the end of this month, I will be forced to chose another name, wa wa waaaaaa!

So did everyone read the change that is coming to the ville, I did, but don't know what it means to us, will things change, will we still be able to go about our cal biz the same we do now, only time will tell, Im sure Amy and DOnna are going to do thier best for us villers! Hec i just got fairly good at the things here, but progress is progress, right!

Keep on hookin ladies! And i mean that in the yarniest way!!

I'm not caught up on my pledges yet. I had a horrible accident involving the scarf I'd made for my Stepmom. It met a grizzley end due to a cup of tea. It took me AGES! It was a replica of the lacey scarf Luna Lovegood wears in Harry Potter. I was devastated! :( So now I'm making another scarf, a lot easier and not lacey. This has held up the box of presents I'd got for my Dad, Stepmom and brothers and sisters.

In other news, I got a sewing machine for Xmas from my Mom! Yipee! More crafty stuff! I can get back into making patchwork stuff. :D Looking forward to easily lining bags I've crocheted as well... instead of hand stitching.

I can't see the switch to an Invision Forum will affect us in anyway. I've used, modded and ran those kind of forums in the past and, in my opinion, they are clean and easy to use. It's going to take forever to transfer C'Ville though. Amy and Donna will definately have their hands full whilst doing it. :yes

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was alright apart from it was slightly ruined by my Sister's 2 sons. Their general disobediance put a downer on it for all of the family. My Grandmother was visiting from central England and even she was sad at the way things had gone. :(

Keep hookin' ladies!

oooh, so much for me to catch up on, lol..Lovely yarn, Ive always been afraid to use the expensive yarns, I might get used to it, and never wanna go back, but wouldn't be able to spend that much to keep me in stock of the good stuff!! Must be a dream to work with!!!

Cookies sound great, although I have had my fill by now and the rest of mine will probably go to the squirels if no one eats them soon

How we all doing on our pledges, everyone all caught up after the Christmas Rush of home doings?? Still waiting to hear from our next biggest square, if not by the end of this month, I will be forced to chose another name, wa wa waaaaaa!

So did everyone read the change that is coming to the ville, I did, but don't know what it means to us, will things change, will we still be able to go about our cal biz the same we do now, only time will tell, Im sure Amy and DOnna are going to do thier best for us villers! Hec i just got fairly good at the things here, but progress is progress, right!

Keep on hookin ladies! And i mean that in the yarniest way!!

I am so glad you posted about the upcoming changes and overhaul. I will be asking kuddlekubs and Pat54 for their addies so I can send them their squares. Hopefully January's Biggest Square will reply soon so we can get her addy before things go crazy here -- or quiet. I'll be checking the Facebook page while the site is down to keep up with things.

Happy New Year!

Maria

I'm hoping to get squares out shortly. I have them all made. And then, of course, on my day off, we get a snowstorm. Or blizzard. What's the difference?

Now I'm getting ready to do some major frogging. I can't find Lemon Caron Simply Soft yarn anywhere, despite going to 5 stores today. I didn't originally buy it in Ohio, and apparently no one around here carries it. I was using it in my groovy ghan that I'm making my niece. Good thing is, I only have to edit about 10 squares. I really can't believe the lack of yellow in yarn. I ended up making my nephew a minion hat for Christmas, and the only bright yellow I could find was Red Heart, and I didn't want to use Red Heart. I used a very light yellow in .. Bernat I believe. Some sort of baby yarn. But no one else has decent yellow colors. What's up with that???

Good Morning Ladies, hope you are all doing well. I myself am off today because I am attending my uncle's funeral. It was not a surprise, other than he passed on Christmas Day. He was suffering with cancer so it is a blessing but of course still sad. Please say a prayer for him today.

Good morning all! Hugs to you Pat on your loss......

I did send my addy to Maria, thanks in advance for my squares!

I just finished up two of Melinda Miller's squares, awaiting to see if the new Square will want them, per her size and color choices. If not, I just love to try new squares! I recently picked up yet another square book at Joanns', mine was clearancing almost all of their books! Hope they are just restocking with all new stuff!

DD and I will venture out this morning to return a few items she received for Christmas....hope the crowds have gone down!

Off I go! Hugs to my Squares!

kuddles

Good Morning Ladies, hope you are all doing well. I myself am off today because I am attending my uncle's funeral. It was not a surprise, other than he passed on Christmas Day. He was suffering with cancer so it is a blessing but of course still sad. Please say a prayer for him today.

:hug:hugPat sorry for your loss. I know it makes for a hard time even when its expected.

Pat, I'm sorry for your loss.

My kitchen is on its way to newly organized. That was a job, let me tell ya. My biggest accomplishment of the day is the fact that I can see the floor of my coat closet! It is organized, thinned out, de-junked, and vacuumed. With three kids and two adult slobs in the house I'm not sure how long it will stay that way - but on Dec. 28, 2012 - it was clean!

In other news, I haven't done much crocheting lately. I've been plugging away at my ripple afghan for my niece. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. We skyped with them on Christmas morning and I showed her what I have finished and she cried. She graduates from high school this year and it's her graduation gift.

Finally, I have ONE MORE homework assignment and I will have completed all the requirements for my Masters of Secondary Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment. I mailed in the last piece of paperwork today that is required to obtain my teaching certificate in the state of SC. I am definitely SO VERY excited! Hopefully, I will be able to have my own classroom next year. The rest of this year I hope to be subbing. A long-term subbing assignment would be so perfect.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of 2012. It has been a good year for me, and I'm looking forward to 2013. So many new things will be happening for my family. Wishing you all many blessings and joyous memories in the coming New Year!

Archived