Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thinking about going thru a bunch of the patterns =)   But i hafta get dishes and laundry done first :no   It stinks having only 1 person helping me with any of that...but what can I say? He is a big help helping me get everything done :)   Got to get it done and keep up on it before April rolls around and I'm in the hospital for a week. Wonder who's gonna do that while I'm there, since he will proly stay there with me? Hhhmmm...guess I'll find out what happens when I get back :reyes   LOL      Well ladies, I'm off to get that done and start looking at patterns! :)    :hug s for all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:worried *sigh* We were at the ER again today. Felicia woke up with a high temp. again and spent the morning rolling around the floor screaming her little heart out and crying. She was getting pain somewhere in waves. One moment she was "fine" the next screeching and yelling ow. So, back to the ER for more exams and checks. They seem to think that she has gastro-enteritis on top of a UTI. There is nothing they can do for the spasming pain because its connected to the gastro issues and she is already on anti-flammatories, painkillers and antibiotics. So its going to be a tough few days. :cry Not sure how well I'm coping really. Trying to make her comfortable and relaxed and looking after little Isabel too. :cry

Poor little Felicia!  I have a niece that had those recurring problems, but she was not as small as yours when she began with the gastro problems.  Thankfully, they're gone now.  I wish we could all march on over and help and take shifts.  No problem, though... just move to sunny SoCal ;)  Lots and lots of hugs and prayers for you and also for the other squares who are sick or have sick family members. 

I'm making squares today, but I need some guidance.  Autumn colors I would consider to be light browns, yellows, reddish browns... any other color suggestions?  I need to go through my stash.  Yay!  Stashbuster squares!  However, I'm not joining the stashbuster CAL because I love buying yarn too much :lol

Thank you Cshort for the squares!! I received them last week but am just now getting a picture posted :) 

The picture does NOT do them justice.. They are so much brighter & more vibrant in person!!

post-46820-0-35091900-1361242418_thumb.jpg

boy imagine my embarassment when I found today's post to y'all on the stitches west page,ooooooooops

the coffee must not have kicked in early enough,hope everyone had a wonderful day,and that lil skogglet is feeling better

:worried *sigh* We were at the ER again today. Felicia woke up with a high temp. again and spent the morning rolling around the floor screaming her little heart out and crying. She was getting pain somewhere in waves. One moment she was "fine" the next screeching and yelling ow. So, back to the ER for more exams and checks. They seem to think that she has gastro-enteritis on top of a UTI. There is nothing they can do for the spasming pain because its connected to the gastro issues and she is already on anti-flammatories, painkillers and antibiotics. So its going to be a tough few days. :cry Not sure how well I'm coping really. Trying to make her comfortable and relaxed and looking after little Isabel too. :cry

Oh, poor little love!

I wish we could all march on over and help and take shifts.

I thought this, too! The little guy would feel so bad for her and want to give her a "tiss a' hug" to help her feel better! Virtual tisses and hugs for everybody over there. Hang on. :(

so sorry to hear that emma, know that we are all sending healing vibes your way!

Good to hear from you all that haven't visited for a bit, glad you are back and posting again! 

All is well here, just awaiting a big storm that is supposed to dump on us towards the middle of the week, but we have been lucky so far this winter, so can't complain, much. lol       take care to you all that are sickly, or attending to a sickie, hopefully it will soon pass, and things will once again return to normal. Best of the best to all!

My 5yr old (almost6) has missed 11 days this school year already from beibg sick. I called the school every day to let them know. The other day they sent me a paper in the mail dated 2 weeks ago. It said if she misses any more days they are calling child services ! No one ever called me before this point so i am calling them today.

My 5yr old (almost6) has missed 11 days this school year already from beibg sick. I called the school every day to let them know. The other day they sent me a paper in the mail dated 2 weeks ago. It said if she misses any more days they are calling child services ! No one ever called me before this point so i am calling them today.

They say that here - My 6 year old has missed 8 days of school. I fully expect to get another letter in the mail. I worry about it, but then I think I might not have a reason to worry. There are parents out there that just do NOT want to send their kids to school. Probably 5 of the 8 days that Michael has missed - he has been sent home from school...The other 3, he just couldn't get better the next day to go to school.

Praying that everyone gets better soon.  Seems like a lot of people got "real sick" during this past winter.  My sister, though she is an adult now, has been sick pretty much every day since last fall. She had gotten that "bug" that was going around where it made you weak and couldn't keep anything down or in.  Well, she is still sick and the doctor's can't find out what is wrong with her.  She has trouble with everything, from water to solid foods!  I wonder if they gave her some different medicine for her Parkinson's at that time (she is only 45).  It's hard with me being down here and she is in INdiana, I can't help her with the kids (she has three boys).  Sometimes we can't do anything physically, all we can do is pray.

Right, following kuddlekubs suggestion of using 2 strands of DK, I am getting what it roughly WW thickness. Get ready ladies! Once I've moved, there shall be squares! :D:woo

Skoggy, Felicia is in my prayers and so are you, it so hard when the little ones are sick.

Welcome back sopo and katiebug.

I'm hoping to check in again later today but just in case I don't, and you don't hear from me for the next couple of days....I haven't fallen of the world, I've just gone to visit a different world, Disney World. I am leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Disney with family. There will be someone at my house to look after the cats and bring in the mail (so I won't miss any of those beautiful squares). I hope to start putting my squares together next week and I am very excited to see how beautiful they will look together.

Now it's time to get ready to go to church. Have a great day everyone.

cshort ~ I'm so jealous!!  February is the BEST time to go to Disney World.  Lines are almost non-existent, not too hot and not too cold, better chances of getting character autographs...  My first trip to Disney was in February.  The other two I've been able to make were in the summer.  I MUCH prefer February!!

Hi!!  I'm so behind this month.  I've been trying to finish up an afghan for my niece.  She's coming to visit this weekend.

After that I've got to get caught up with squares for our Queen and the CAL squares I've missed this month.\

And now I have a job interview at 1:30 today. 

I had a job interview today as well.  So glad it's over.  I hope yours went well!

Skoggy ~ I hope Felicia is feeling better.  Sending prayers up.  I'm sure the pain is difficult for her to deal with.  It's a good thing she has such a caring mom to help her and love on her.

I haven't posted much in the last week or so.  I have been working (YAY!) and spending spare time trying to finish up some projects that have a deadline for this week.  Still not quite finished so I won't be here long tonight.  Next week (maybe even this weekend) I'll have more time for chatting with all my lovely friends here at the 'Ville.  I miss you all!!!  :hug

hi all,

word on the streets, big storm moving in, gonna hti hard, and linger long! I can't see that happening, but you know weather, it changes in an hour, so holding on that it will either miss us, or drain itself out over western nebrs. lol

Well, picked up a hook today briefly, played around a bit with some yarn, gonna make some hats, but the past few days, have been busy with other things. Maybe with the storm, and having to stay in, Ill get more done this week!

Skoggy, how is the little one, kuddles, yours too......hopefully both recovering quickly! To everyone out there, GET WELL, Stay well!!

Got five puffys ready to post this am, then promptly forgot them on my way out....If I can beat the storm tomorrow, I will post them then, if not, might be friday before we are supposed to be able to get out, they have already almost predicted no school, or unnecessary traffic for a few days, but we'll see, If I can, I will, if not they will go out at the end of the week!

Skoggy has the little one doing today.  I am hoping she if feeling better.  :hug

Ann, hope Andy is feeling better. :hug

Welcome back Ladies and no you are not forgotten. :yay

I did get our reigning queen's squares out Monday.

Trying to get more done but having a difficult time at work and when I get home, I just crash.

Hello All!  I started to post yesterday and got interrupted, and well, just getting back on here now.  My brain is toast so I can't remember much, please forgive me, I'll try! LOL! 

Skoggy, praying that Felicia is doing better.

Welcome back ladies!  I just came back last week myself.  Sure feels good, doesn't it!

Good luck to those having job interviews!

Kuddles, glad dd is feeling better!

I didn't get to work on any squares these past couple of days but I did finish the baby blanket, made a dog sweater for Juno, and have started a sweater for my gd's birthday (party this Sunday!).  My  DSIL leaves today, so I might be able to fit a square into the mix when I need a break! :lol   Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

good afternoon all!

well, I beat the storm, and posted 5 puffy's today, I can't remember whom without checking my l ist, lol Oh Pine knot and Rene' are two of them but the other three elude me at the moment, so heads up to those two at least!

I don't think we will get much like they predicted of 7 to 11 inches but I could be wrong, just seems to me, more centered south of us than hitting us head on, we will get a little snow, if I had to play my hunch, but nothing like 11 inches, lol Im hoping, anyway!

Made one hat this am, a man sized one for the Hats for Hope Initiative here in Omaha, they distribute them to whomever is in need locally, all I have to do is make um and mail um!

Here

so, im going back in to work on another shortly. Hope all is well with you all, and you find some time to crochet today!

katie ~~ THANK YOU!!  Such a lovely square.  I was so excited to see the puffy in the mail today.  :)  You're so sweet to send me a square.  The design and colors go so well together.  I'm a math teacher and couldn't help but see a plus sign in the center made out of fpdc stitches.  (Probably not what was intended, but that is the way my brain works sometimes.)  LOL!

Thanks again!

post-62102-0-74389900-1361398172_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon ladies (and any gents who might read this!!) 

I have a couple more puffies ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. I had them ready to go today, but ended up being at my 34 week check up for way longer than I anticipated, and came home straight after I picked my boys up at school. So as long as I am able to get to town tomorrow, they will be mailed :) If we get the ice that the weather people are saying we are going to get, it might not be until next week that they are sent since we do not have a printer to print the shipping info out!!

Things went well at my appointment. I gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks (which he didn't complain about this time - and I am still under my goal weight with 6 weeks left - I should be ok.) Had a small scare when I woke up this morning thinking my water had broken over night - nope - but I made him check anyways since I do not know when it happened with my youngest son & that was a rough delivery (and scary as well). I have been dilated to 1 since 30 weeks - I am now 2 weeks away from my goal & if I go into labor with in the next 2 weeks, he will try to stop it, but anytime after March 8th, he will not stop labor. Over all a good appointment.. though VERY long!! I was scheduled for 10:30 - Got there at 10:15 to check in - didn't get into a room until 11:45 (my youngest had to be at school at noon...) We left the town at 12:30 and he got to school at 1. I felt awful. But I understand it happens - the doc was called to the hospital for a delivery.

Now I am home chillin' and getting ready to pick up my hook & do something creative (I hope...)

Quick checkin......great square received christel!

My DD is pretty much over it, clears her throat but it is the tail end. Today I went on my lunchhour to see her presentation in class (along with others) and I got to video it! So proud of her! She has expressive language disorder so her standing up there dong this was huge!

Gotta run! Later!

kuddles

Good afternoon ladies (and any gents who might read this!!) 

I have a couple more puffies ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. I had them ready to go today, but ended up being at my 34 week check up for way longer than I anticipated, and came home straight after I picked my boys up at school. So as long as I am able to get to town tomorrow, they will be mailed :) If we get the ice that the weather people are saying we are going to get, it might not be until next week that they are sent since we do not have a printer to print the shipping info out!!

Things went well at my appointment. I gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks (which he didn't complain about this time - and I am still under my goal weight with 6 weeks left - I should be ok.) Had a small scare when I woke up this morning thinking my water had broken over night - nope - but I made him check anyways since I do not know when it happened with my youngest son & that was a rough delivery (and scary as well). I have been dilated to 1 since 30 weeks - I am now 2 weeks away from my goal & if I go into labor with in the next 2 weeks, he will try to stop it, but anytime after March 8th, he will not stop labor. Over all a good appointment.. though VERY long!! I was scheduled for 10:30 - Got there at 10:15 to check in - didn't get into a room until 11:45 (my youngest had to be at school at noon...) We left the town at 12:30 and he got to school at 1. I felt awful. But I understand it happens - the doc was called to the hospital for a delivery.

Now I am home chillin' and getting ready to pick up my hook & do something creative (I hope...)

Congrats on the baby!!! I'm preg too, 33 weeks :)  They said I haven't started dialating yet, but I've been having contractions for about a month or so now :(

katie ~~ THANK YOU!!  Such a lovely square.  I was so excited to see the puffy in the mail today.  :)  You're so sweet to send me a square.  The design and colors go so well together.  I'm a math teacher and couldn't help but see a plus sign in the center made out of fpdc stitches.  (Probably not what was intended, but that is the way my brain works sometimes.)  LOL!

Thanks again!

Oh good, glad it arrived! I have sent out five more as of today, Pineknot, and Rene', and the other three were katiebug, Rosebud, and kuddlekubs! so heads up, look for them hopefully this week, but most likely next. lol

Im bored, and tired, all at the same time, nothing on tv, nothing really to do, and don't feel even like crocheting. I hope I haven't lost my mojo, ha ha, but have been here before, and have recovered, so, Ill wait it out.....till tomorrow, everyone be well and take care.              

Congrats on the baby!!! I'm preg too, 33 weeks :)  They said I haven't started dialating yet, but I've been having contractions for about a month or so now :(

Congrats to you as well!! Are you getting a boy or a girl? We currently have a 6 year old son along with a 4 year old son - and this one is predicted to be a girl though I think my 6 year old is getting less & less convinced & more worried he is going to be stuck with 2 brothers, as this is our last one lol. He helped me pick out her carseat & said I better not get anything with pink on it "just in case". So we got a really cute green one with polka-dots - it's pretty unisex!

Archived