Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everyone. I've been gone a long time so not even sure if it's the same people or new ones or if anyone will remember me. I am now living in OK, not sure for how long but we'll see. I haven't had a chance to read back through the 144 pages of posts so wanted to ask if you could please update me on how it's working now for the friendship squares. 

I've been crocheting raok's like crazy the past months. I just surprised the lady at my new post office with a sashay ruffle scarf and she almost did a little dance. So wonderful when you can make someone that happy. 

Skoggy, I did just see your post and saying prayers. 

Anyway, if you could let me know the 'lowdown' on what I need to do or how it works now, it's much appreciated. Look forward to catching up with you all again. (= 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I've been gone a long time so not even sure if it's the same people or new ones or if anyone will remember me. I am now living in OK, not sure for how long but we'll see. I haven't had a chance to read back through the 144 pages of posts so wanted to ask if you could please update me on how it's working now for the friendship squares. 

I've been crocheting raok's like crazy the past months. I just surprised the lady at my new post office with a sashay ruffle scarf and she almost did a little dance. So wonderful when you can make someone that happy. 

Skoggy, I did just see your post and saying prayers. 

Anyway, if you could let me know the 'lowdown' on what I need to do or how it works now, it's much appreciated. Look forward to catching up with you all again. (= 

alot of the regulars from when Sue started are still and new ones here and there,welcome back

Hi sopo,

I remember you!! I had sent you some squares when you were here. If you want back on the list, lemme know your full name, addy, and preferences for the squares you would like to recieve! For sending, if you wish, you are to pm your recipient yourself, to make sure you get a current and correct address before mailing. we did away with the master list, as it was suggested that may be better for crochetville, as well as maintenance on it that took a lot of time, poor Sue, huh!!

So let me know, we're glad to have you back, just pm the info mentioned above, and I will get you back on the list...Oh, and we now have  a new biggest square each month, chosen at random, to shower with squares from those of us that can....If you read the first post of this thread, that is where the list and new info resides, so, hope to hear from you soon!

thanks pineknott and katy! Sent you a pm.  Glad to be back. 

I'll go look at the first list and see what I can start sendiing out. 

thanks again!

Ok, had a chance to get caught up now. Hugs for Skoggy and li'l Skoggy :hug :hug :hug :hugThat sounds so scary! :( I'm glad she's all right for now and that the paramedics got there. Sending good thoughts your way.

Nobody else get sick, ok?? I've been fighting a bad cold all week myself and actually bowed out of a social event tonight just because I didn't think I'd be able to concentrate! I don't feel awful right now but I think it was the right move. Just chilling on the couch now, me and the pup, probably going to knit or crochet some since I'm all psyched after finishing that square today! :D

Oh, and I wasn't screaming at anybody on my post earlier - that was the little guy "helping" me with the computer. He wanted to play zombies and was getting frustrated that I was taking so long to finish up!

She's Back!! Yay! Welcome back SOPO!!! (Stephanie!) 

Glad to have you back, we have lost some of whom used to be here, but have gained some as well, it all evens out, and makes for a nice fairly close group! 

Stephanie would like,             6 or   12" cotton in black, white or gray.

In other matters, so sorry emma, hope she improves with the antibiotics, how scarey and exhausting as well.

Bad bad bad Saturday evening!!!! :( I spent from 1900 until 2230 in the ER with Felicia. She had 2 Febrile Seizures in the space of 10 mins. By the time the paramedic got to the apartment, her temp. was up to 40C (104F?), she was very unresponsive although awake and conscious. She has got an infection somewhere inside her but won't get the results back until Wednesday. Until then she is on antibiotics, paracetamol and ibuprofen many times a day and have to watch her. The likelihood of her having another is high so we need to constantly check her if we think she is coming down with a temperature. I am totally shattered both mentally and physically, hungry having had no dinner and just want to curl up in bed but, alas, I have another little sweetheart who needs a feed at midnight. :) I hope something nice happens tomorrow otherwise I'm wiping this weekend off the slate.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok no time to get caught up on the posts, sadly, because a little boy wants to "play zombies" and he was asking very politely before so I need to go. But I wanted to quick say that I finished a Queen Square today!! I'm pretty psyched about it; the first square I've finished in a while and I think it's pretty, too! So I can't mail it tomorrow, I realised, since it's Sunday, but Monday. Yay!

aw, think again, I think Monday is a holiday, po won't be open, darn it!

Skoggy so sorry to hear your girl is ill , :hugs for her and hope ahe is better soon Hope everyone is doing well. ive been MIA for a few days although ive been lurking :) My Best friend Rachel and her hubby and kids came for a visit yesterday and she brought me yarn :):woo what a doll

wow yarn!! I n eed to expend my friends circle, lol

Ok, had a chance to get caught up now. Hugs for Skoggy and li'l Skoggy :hug :hug :hug :hugThat sounds so scary! :( I'm glad she's all right for now and that the paramedics got there. Sending good thoughts your way.

Nobody else get sick, ok?? I've been fighting a bad cold all week myself and actually bowed out of a social event tonight just because I didn't think I'd be able to concentrate! I don't feel awful right now but I think it was the right move. Just chilling on the couch now, me and the pup, probably going to knit or crochet some since I'm all psyched after finishing that square today! :D

Oh, and I wasn't screaming at anybody on my post earlier - that was the little guy "helping" me with the computer. He wanted to play zombies and was getting frustrated that I was taking so long to finish up!

zombies huh, ha ha!

welcome back Stephaie!!

That's going to be a neat ghan in those colors!

Our biggest square this month, is Cshort!! her preferences are posted on the first thread, as well as yours now, She has but half a month left to wear the Biggest Square Crown, then at the end of the month, another is chosen to wear the crown!!! She likes 8 inch fall colors, varigated ok.

Hi all! sorry I've been away for so long! I havent posted in a long time, but I've lurked...so many beautiful squares!!! :)    I'm back now, and hopefully staying that way! lol   I've missed you all!!! :hug s for everyone!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. This morning Felicia is slightly quiet but her temp. stayed down and she was very good with taking her first lot of meds. before breakfast. We'll take a walk in a while and get some fresh air.

Welcome back, sopo and katiebug. Glad to have you back onboard. :hug

Skoggy, Felicia is in my prayers and so are you, it so hard when the little ones are sick.

Welcome back sopo and katiebug.

I'm hoping to check in again later today but just in case I don't, and you don't hear from me for the next couple of days....I haven't fallen of the world, I've just gone to visit a different world, Disney World. I am leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Disney with family. There will be someone at my house to look after the cats and bring in the mail (so I won't miss any of those beautiful squares). I hope to start putting my squares together next week and I am very excited to see how beautiful they will look together.

Now it's time to get ready to go to church. Have a great day everyone.

wow, two former members returning to the proverbial "fold"....That makes for a big smile, any which way you look at it, huh!! Welcome back to both katiebug, and sopo, and thanks for remembering us too!!

Hi all! sorry I've been away for so long! I havent posted in a long time, but I've lurked...so many beautiful squares!!! :)    I'm back now, and hopefully staying that way! lol   I've missed you all!!! :hug s for everyone!!!

Aw, you're right! Buggrit! Millennium hand and shrimp!  :rant I'm pretty sure that happened last time I had squares to send out, too... Definitely having a sense of déja vu here!

ha, deja vu indeed!

Skoggy, Felicia is in my prayers and so are you, it so hard when the little ones are sick.

Welcome back sopo and katiebug.

I'm hoping to check in again later today but just in case I don't, and you don't hear from me for the next couple of days....I haven't fallen of the world, I've just gone to visit a different world, Disney World. I am leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Disney with family. There will be someone at my house to look after the cats and bring in the mail (so I won't miss any of those beautiful squares). I hope to start putting my squares together next week and I am very excited to see how beautiful they will look together.

Now it's time to get ready to go to church. Have a great day everyone.

So glad too emma, that baby is recooping a bit!! have you been getting any rest though???

as for Disney world, wow, what a cool trip in February!!!!!!

Yay Sissy (KatieBug) :woo

yay me too!

Hey,

It has been so cold here I've been spending alot of my free time curled up on the couch crocheting.  Finishing up an afghan for a friend, hopefully will be done by the middle of the week.  I hope to get 2 squares in the mail to our biggest square by the end of the week.

Wow! Not on here since yesterday morning and look at all the posts! Makes me smile!

Skoggy......hope the little one is feeling better! So scarey when our little ones are sick!!!

Mine is getting over a cold....she is doing much better! I've sent my squares to the Feb Square and have been working on some squares to make myself a lapghan! 4 done, 5 to go!

Welcome back to the 'new' members!

Well, gotta go back to DD so I'll say good nite early!

kuddles

Morning all!  Just checking in to see how Felicia is doing.  Hope she is feeling better.  Same for kuddles little one too.  It's bad enough when we're sick, but when our babies are sick it's just terrible.  You can't seem to do enough for them.  My "baby", ahem, otherwise know as DH, is still sick.  This cold just won't go away.  He has me worried about walking pnuemonia or such.  His sister is coming to visit for a few days, starting today so she'll help me "get on his case", lol.  And she's a nurse so he'll have to listen, :lol   Happy Birthday to him, here take this cough syrup and be quiet! :lol   I didn't get any squares made last night, but I manage to finishe the baby blanket and got 1/2 a dog sweater made!  Have a great day everyone and stay away from those germs! :hug 

Wow, there was a lot for me to get caught up on as I haven't been on for a week!!  Sorry to hear about everyone being sick or having someone in their family being sick.  Fortunately, I think I have been sick maybe once in the last year and a half!  I think the change in the weather did me some good.  I don't have to worry about being out in the cold and snow anymore!!!

Skoggy, my prayers are going out for your little one. I can't imagine what you are going through as I don't have children (not even fur babies (sniff).  Also keeping you guys uplifted that the door will be open and you will be blessed with this home you so want!  As for DK yarn, not sure what it is, but I am sure of this, that whatever squares you make will be loved! 

I really need to get back to crocheting some squares.  I am putting a project together with squares for another lady as well as making a huge granny square that is going to be for the bed.  I never have made anything where i am using more than one "type" of yarn or more than one "weight".  It is actually turning out quite nice, will have to show when I am done.

Seriously thinking about going from WW on my squares to cotton, since it doesn't get that cold here anyways.  Just haven't seen too much turquoise in cotton!

Everyone have a good day.  I have to work today  even though it is President's Day, though we got Mardi Gras off as it is considered a holiday down here in Louisiana!!!

Hi!!  I'm so behind this month.  I've been trying to finish up an afghan for my niece.  She's coming to visit this weekend.

After that I've got to get caught up with squares for our Queen and the CAL squares I've missed this month.\

And now I have a job interview at 1:30 today. 

:worried *sigh* We were at the ER again today. Felicia woke up with a high temp. again and spent the morning rolling around the floor screaming her little heart out and crying. She was getting pain somewhere in waves. One moment she was "fine" the next screeching and yelling ow. So, back to the ER for more exams and checks. They seem to think that she has gastro-enteritis on top of a UTI. There is nothing they can do for the spasming pain because its connected to the gastro issues and she is already on anti-flammatories, painkillers and antibiotics. So its going to be a tough few days. :cry Not sure how well I'm coping really. Trying to make her comfortable and relaxed and looking after little Isabel too. :cry

:worried *sigh* We were at the ER again today. Felicia woke up with a high temp. again and spent the morning rolling around the floor screaming her little heart out and crying. She was getting pain somewhere in waves. One moment she was "fine" the next screeching and yelling ow. So, back to the ER for more exams and checks. They seem to think that she has gastro-enteritis on top of a UTI. There is nothing they can do for the spasming pain because its connected to the gastro issues and she is already on anti-flammatories, painkillers and antibiotics. So its going to be a tough few days. :cry Not sure how well I'm coping really. Trying to make her comfortable and relaxed and looking after little Isabel too. :cry

Oh hugs and more hugs! Keeping good thoughts for your little family!

kuddles

Oh my gosh Skoggy! I'm sorry to hear that she's sick again! :(  I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and hope she gets better soon. But remember, if she is OK for a few minutes, take a time-out to re-coup yourself! It will help you cope, and help her as well, and the little one too!

Archived