Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

attachicon.gifIMG_20130227_224546_153.jpg

Last view of it. For some reason, it didn't show up in the last post. :(  Guess my phone doesn't like me today. Lol.

Absolutely lovely! Love love love the colours! :)

Pretty baby colors! I see the teddy wrapped up in it and I can't help smiling; it makes me think of my little guy taking care of his stuffed animals. Toddlers and stuffed animals are great! I go all gooey when I see a kid giving their toy dog or bear or bunny a big ol' snuggle.

Congrats, Tiffer! I pledge one square.

And I now really want to crochet a crown... complete with lots of yummy gems like that. :D

Same. Felicia has started to "feed" her toys cuddles. She has got an alligator (which was mine, came all the way from the Everglades when I was on hols in Florida many years ago) called Conrad and this afternoon I noticed he was covered in cheese spread. Her toy puppy, called Vovven, is constantly being given her pacifier when she goes to bed with him. Sooooo cute! :manyheart

Thank you ladies! I humbly accept the gorgeous Yarn Hill Crown! I was totally shocked and thrilled when I learned of the honor! I promise I will take the best of care of the Crown and responsibilities that come with it. I also hope to send some squares this month, not just receive! :hug:manyheart:heart 

I'll try and get a couple out to you Tiffany :hug

Great pictures being posted!  I love the blankets.  My granny afghan will soon be assembled with what I have.  I got four more 6-inch squares from Katie.  Thank you, Katie!  That means that I'm down to needing 10 6-inch squares or sets of four 3-inch squares plus one more 3-inch square.  Yay!   :cheer

Gorgeous squares! That Katie is a smasher, is she not? :D

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you ladies! I humbly accept the gorgeous Yarn Hill Crown! I was totally shocked and thrilled when I learned of the honor! I promise I will take the best of care of the Crown and responsibilities that come with it. I also hope to send some squares this month, not just receive! :hug:manyheart:heart 

Congratulations, tiffer!  I'll pledge 1 12" and 2 6" squares.  I love working with these colors - AND finding new patterns to try. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20130227_224546_153.jpg

Last view of it. For some reason, it didn't show up in the last post. :(  Guess my phone doesn't like me today. Lol.

Lovely baby blanket, Katiebug!  So pretty!

I think I'm going to do a little looking up of crowns for inspiration! Tomorrow though; too close to bedtime now. If I do come up with a pattern I like, I'll write it down and share it! :D

ooh, that would  be so cool!! thank you! I personally don't do threads, just can't, but if I did, i would figure one out too, lol

Our Queen has spoken!!!!!!!

I pledge to send at least 3 6" squares this month and MAYBE a 12". I gotta get them done early though!!

wow, here come the pledges!!!

That is a very pretty blanket and the pictures are really cute.

Congratulations Tiffer! The crown looks beautiful on you :queen . May you enjoy your reign and be blessed with many beautiful squares.

I will pledge two 12" squares and two 6" squares, I think I already have some of your colors in my stash.

Yay!!!

Hi all!

Katie, GREAT blanket!

Tiffer.....congrats! I'm confident you will do the crown proud! I will pledge one 12" square.....and more if I can! Busy month coming for me.

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Kuddles is in, hooray!

Great pictures being posted!  I love the blankets.  My granny afghan will soon be assembled with what I have.  I got four more 6-inch squares from Katie.  Thank you, Katie!  That means that I'm down to needing 10 6-inch squares or sets of four 3-inch squares plus one more 3-inch square.  Yay!   :cheer

You are more than welcome, you're nearing the end now, i can see it!!

Absolutely lovely! Love love love the colours! :)

Same. Felicia has started to "feed" her toys cuddles. She has got an alligator (which was mine, came all the way from the Everglades when I was on hols in Florida many years ago) called Conrad and this afternoon I noticed he was covered in cheese spread. Her toy puppy, called Vovven, is constantly being given her pacifier when she goes to bed with him. Sooooo cute! :manyheart

I'll try and get a couple out to you Tiffany :hug

Gorgeous squares! That Katie is a smasher, is she not? :D

ha, I do hope smasher is a good thing, lol       and thank you for squaring!! 

and thanks be to Christel as well!!

oh such a day! Running errands all day, lunch with daughter, more errands, and home, supper, was delivery tonight, lol WOrking on my rainbow squares,  I think this is going to a friend with an adult daughter, whom has lukemia, she loved rainbow bright the doll, when she was little, I must have been sub consciously thinking bout her, when I dreamed of a rainbow colored ghan for her! ANyway, I will give it to my friend, and if she wants to present it to her daughter, or keep it to remind her of her daughter, is her choice....I believe now, the daughter is in a hospice, as was my last info on the matter.

Tomorrow is my donation saturday, first saturday of every month a truck for the shelter parks a few miles away, and accepts gently used, or new items of use for their residents. I have a few hats, couple of scarves, and some cowls, and i recently heard they were low on washcloths, so did up a few of those. They are packed, and if I remember to take them out and photo them i will, but thinking I probably wont' untape the box to do that.....so, back to the crocheting, I can hear the hollering now from the yarn skeins, "hey, remember us!! You promised you would use us for something bright and pretty!!"      and they would be right!      have a great weekend all........ :manyheart

I knew I forgot something earlier!  Congratulations, Tiffer!!!  I'm reading A Song of Fire and Ice, and according to them, a crown should not sit easy on the head.  How are you going to crochet?  lol.  It's a very pretty crown, though :)

Getting ready to go to Wal-Mart here in about an hour to get my movie! :)  I went off on them earlier this afternoon though. I pre-ordered a movie on the 13th of last month and they told me that i just needed to bring in my reciept and the UNOPENED pre-order box. So, i go up there to double-check that and have it verified. Oh no...of course it can't be that simple! :angry  I was apparently supposed to register it online and they told me I didnt need to do anything but bring it in when it's released tonight.....so aggrivated with them right now! On the bright side, I can return all the pre-order stuff and just buy the movie. So I get to go deal with that here in a little bit. At least they're holding a copy for me! :D 

So I hopefully won't be away from my yarn and hook too long tonight. I'm making a blanket for my 5 year old! He'll soon be six. :yes  I let him pick out the color he wanted for the main part of the blanket, and he chose camo. So I'm making his a rectangle in the RHSS camo, and edging it with RH w/Love black. I think it's going to look just as good as the baby blanket I finished a few days ago...just for a boy! LOL

And on that note, I'm going to work on that some more before I have to go deal with adults acting like children. :( 

Hope everyone is having a good start to their weekends! :hug s for all!

Those are very pretty squares!

I'm planning to spend some time today in my :sew sewing room finishing the Snow White apron for my daughter and and a shirt for my grandson. Then maybe put some more squares together for my friendshipghan. I have 44 squares right now and I know there are a few more coming so I will have my afghan finished soon :yay . Thank you all soooooo much for all the beautiful sqares. :manyheart  :hug .

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

ah so you will be in my neck of the woods eh.... What part of Ne??? Im in Omaha, kinda, well suburb of, or annexation of, small town used to be now part of the big picture kinda thing, outside of the city.. I do not do downtown Omaha, , lol Hope wedding goes well, and you have a great time, see ya there! lol

The wedding is in Bellevue! Not far at all. If I had thought this out before just now, we could have grabbed lunch! Although, husband and I are both in the wedding, so we got here Thursday and have been running around helping out the bride and groom non stop. But that's why we are here! Happy to help them.

I just love weddings. We were at the rehearsal dinner last night and everyone was giving such sweet and heartfelt toasts. It was so lovely.

Bellevue, well, a hop skip and jump away, I was in Bellevue yesterday!  hope you have fun and the wedding goes wonderfully!!!

The wedding is in Bellevue! Not far at all. If I had thought this out before just now, we could have grabbed lunch! Although, husband and I are both in the wedding, so we got here Thursday and have been running around helping out the bride and groom non stop. But that's why we are here! Happy to help them. I just love weddings. We were at the rehearsal dinner last night and everyone was giving such sweet and heartfelt toasts. It was so lovely.

Hello Everyone,

Boy I've missed a lot since I haven't been on for a couple of days.  Things are crazy since I'll be out of work for awhile, things are stressful there to get things taken care of before I go and I am so tired of all these tests.  Today I had to donate my blood for my surgery and almost passed out, but we managed to get through. 

Big Congrats to Tiffer.  I am going to do my best to promise you two squares.  I figure I can get some done while I'm hospitalized.  I know my bag will be with me. 

Hope everyone is doing well and is staying safe with all these storms.  Take care all.

Good morning!

This morning, DD and I will run to Walmart and the grocery store then back home hopefully to do a bit of cleaning (not much!) and I hope to work on a purse (sewing) I'm making for a co worker. Helping DD with some homework.

Then and only then, can I crochet!

Hope everyone feels good/better today and take care!

kuddles

Good morning!

This morning, DD and I will run to Walmart and the grocery store then back home hopefully to do a bit of cleaning (not much!) and I hope to work on a purse (sewing) I'm making for a co worker. Helping DD with some homework.

kuddles

Sounds like a nice day!  We're off to church this morning followed by lunch at Salsarita's (I got a coupon yesterday).  I'll probably spend my afternoon crocheting.  I'm thinking I may have an ear infection to go along with my head cold.  I always feel the worst when I wake up in the morning and then gradually start feeling better.  I have taken some Day-Quil which will hopefully kick in soon.  If I'm not feeling better by 4pm, I'm thinking I will probably stay home from church this evening.

I hope every one enjoys their Sunday.  It's cold and cloudy here today.  It's strange...  it seems like it waited until the end of Feb./first of March to get cold out here in SC.  December?  70 degrees or higher...  January?  the same...  Most of Feb. was warm, too.  Now that it's almost spring, it's SOO cold - and I love it.

Happy hookin', y'all!  :D

It is supposed to be gorgeous here today - Once we get back from church I'm not sure how much crocheting I will do!! Might take the boys fishing or just play outside with them today!! I do need to clean & vacuum out my car and get the infant seat installed - but that might wait until tomorrow when the boys are in school! Will be getting some squares done & some puffies labeled so I can take them by the P.O. tomorrow when I do take the younger boy to school. Next year, I'm going to have to do something different since he will be in school from 8-3 instead of just 12-3 so I won't be in town every day.. Might have to tell the hubster that I need a printer LOL.. 

Hope everyone has a great day :)

Good morning!

kuddles

The thread bug has hit me. Thought I got out unharmed but I'm just late to the party. I also got a late square sent to Carol i don't know if it made yesterday's pickup or if it will go out tomorrow. My excuse, as for everything, is that I homeschool four kids. I'll haveto get a new excuse someday I guess.

Sounds like a nice day!  We're off to church this morning followed by lunch at Salsarita's (I got a coupon yesterday).  I'll probably spend my afternoon crocheting.  I'm thinking I may have an ear infection to go along with my head cold.  I always feel the worst when I wake up in the morning and then gradually start feeling better.  I have taken some Day-Quil which will hopefully kick in soon.  If I'm not feeling better by 4pm, I'm thinking I will probably stay home from church this evening.

I hope every one enjoys their Sunday.  It's cold and cloudy here today.  It's strange...  it seems like it waited until the end of Feb./first of March to get cold out here in SC.  December?  70 degrees or higher...  January?  the same...  Most of Feb. was warm, too.  Now that it's almost spring, it's SOO cold - and I love it.

Happy hookin', y'all!  :D

We are 70 today and 86 tomorrow, then in the 60s. Typical Texas schizo weather. I missed church this weekend, which almost never happens. ;( boo sick.

Hiyas everyone! Oh my had a busy weekend, and it isn't really even over yet! Did manage to get the craft room all organized which took almost 3 days... had my BFF come visit and did some errand running. Now time to get out my hook and finish up some projects that have been needing done for some time now. Customers might start to get impatient if I don't get busy! I hope to search the list and find homes for some squares that I have had made for a while now... 

Thank you all who have pledged! I will try to get my previously received squares laid out tonight and take a picture of my beautiful 'ghan in the works. They're all so pretty! 

Hey everyone! Just stopping in to say hi before I take a nap...or work on little guys blanket. Whichever. Had to take him to the ER last night, they said he has either a 24 to 48 hour bug, or a food allergy. But apparently, unles you're in anaphylatic shock, they wont check for them. On the bright side, he seems to be doing better now. :)  So, hopefully, whatever was wrong last night is over...

I hope all you wonderful ladies are having a great Sunday! :hug s for all!

Hi!  Congrats tiffer!  I will pledge 3 squares and hope to get them in the mail on Wednesday.

Thanks to Mrs. Mckee for the lovely squares I got in the mail this week!  They're very lovely! 

We are due for 6 more inches of snow this week :(

Archived