Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

Hey,

Here's a hotpad I just finished up this morning. It doesn't look the best, but I didn't have a pattern. A lady brought me an old one in and I looked at it and tried to figure out how it was made. I may give this one to her because hers was really worn out, I think she will like a new one.:)

I think your hotpad looks great. You did a wonderful job recreating the design. I'm sure she will be thrilled to have a nice new hotpad.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

Here's a hotpad I just finished up this morning. It doesn't look the best, but I didn't have a pattern. A lady brought me an old one in and I looked at it and tried to figure out how it was made. I may give this one to her because hers was really worn out, I think she will like a new one.:)

Love it! it's one of the things I love about crochet we get out our hooks and some string... play around and then we get to claim it was all work :angel to achieve a hot pad or a dishcloth.:heehee

I was literally playing with a leftover bit of yarn and made this just to see what could be done with stitches and stuff that we just know.

post-4896-13589775242_thumb.jpg

I have been so busy getting patterns and backlog items made that I haven't been able to 'play' for a while. :c9

That's really cool, darski! Very pretty, too.

Here's the dishcloth I finished up the other day. It's a knitted one from the Monthly Dishcloth knitting group darski turned me onto a little while back. My knitting skills aren't great, but they are improving. :yes

post-28827-135897752869_thumb.jpg

I bought a lage skein of the Tumbleweed cotton just because it looked so pretty on the shelf.

I love how it works up. Wish I could get this in a Bernat Worsted too.

post-4896-135897754431_thumb.jpg

you can never go far wrong with taupe and peach :c9

I bought a lage skein of the Tumbleweed cotton just because it looked so pretty on the shelf.

[ATTACH]54678[/ATTACH]

Pretty! And I love the post stitches!! :)

These are hotpads, not dishcloths. Hope you don't mind if I share them here.

Where did you find the patterns? I really like the clover one.

[ATTACH]54678[/ATTACH]

Very pretty! My cotton is getting lonesome, but I'll get back to it soon, I hope.

Just finished this one I used http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/waffle-weave-dishcloth i love how it looks and feels next load of dishes I will be testing it lol

I've made a waffle stitch scarf, but never thought about trying a dishcloth. Thanks for the pattern link.

I've made a waffle stitch scarf, but never thought about trying a dishcloth. Thanks for the pattern link.

You are most welcome for the link, I'm just paying it forward :hookI joined a dishcloth group on Ravelry and this was one of the April CAL patterns. I really enjoyed making it, it worked up so fast and doesn't feel heavy and stiff like other patterns I have tried. this is the first time I made anything with the waffle stitch :crocheting

Happy Stitching :crocheting

[ATTACH]54678[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

Just finished this one I used http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/waffle-weave-dishcloth i love how it looks and feels next load of dishes I will be testing it lol

Oooohhh, nice! I've made a waffle stitch scarf before too, but never thougt of a dishcloth out of it! Will definitely try this pattern!

[ATTACH]54678[/ATTACH]

Both of these are really nice. Thanks for the pattern link.

that is gorgeous... are you really going to scrub counters with that :?:eek

:wlol

Hehe, yes I am. I actually kept this one for myself and am using it now. It's just so pretty that I just love looking at it on my sink. :D

Hehe, yes I am. I actually kept this one for myself and am using it now. It's just so pretty that I just love looking at it on my sink. :D

there is that of course. I agree that we should have pretties in our daily lives... I believe that is what the pioneer women brought to our lives. It wasn't just pragmatism that ruled women's hearts; they brought design and beauty into the mix.

I am slowly replenshing our spring/summer dishcloths. I was working on this hexagon one posted on my blog here at the doctor's office. When I got home I realized I had made it with fpdc instead of bpdc. I actually like it and it gives it a unique scrubbing quality.

I am slowly replenshing our spring/summer dishcloths. I was working on this hexagon one posted on my blog here at the doctor's office. When I got home I realized I had made it with fpdc instead of bpdc. I actually like it and it gives it a unique scrubbing quality.

That is really nice!

Archived