Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

I just found this pattern. I want to try it but I might try with yellow and white instead.

Oops - not a site that is allowed. well I will make one and show the pic.

Ignore-----> The site is worth some wandering time.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished this one. I got the pattern from The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's #48. And I took a break from afghans last night and this morning and made some scrubbies to match the dishcloths that I have made so far. I used this pattern for the scrubbies. Thank y ou MooMooo SO much for the scrubbies!!! :hug

post-22492-135897739566_thumb.jpg

post-22492-13589773957_thumb.jpg

I finally made a dishcloth!! :yay

It's not for me, though... I made it for an "extra" in a birthday gift... :)

It has a lot of texture, so I took more than one photo. Usually the flash removes the shadows needed to see the texture, so I took a couple pictures with the flash on (one each, front and back)

post-25611-135897739653_thumb.jpg

and a couple with the flash off to better show the texture (one each, front and back). :) The yarn is Peaches 'n Cream in Pink Lilacs... :hug

post-25611-135897739657_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897739646_thumb.jpg

post-25611-13589773965_thumb.jpg

I just finished this one. I got the pattern from The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's #48. And I took a break from afghans last night and this morning and made some scrubbies to match the dishcloths that I have made so far. I used this pattern for the scrubbies. Thank y ou MooMooo SO much for the scrubbies!!! :hug

AWESOME!! Lovely work!! :hug

It has a lot of texture, so I took more than one photo. Usually the flash removes the shadows needed to see the texture, so I took a couple pictures with the flash on (one each, front and back)

[ATTACH]52385[/ATTACH][ATTACH]52387[/ATTACH]

and a couple with the flash off to better show the texture (one each, front and back). :) The yarn is Peaches 'n Cream in Pink Lilacs... :hug

[ATTACH]52386[/ATTACH][ATTACH]52388[/ATTACH]

Very pretty--I like the texture on this one.

Love the colors and the texture. I love additional texture for cleaning.

I've never tried scrubbies before, but I love the bright colors and we certainly need them.:lol:lol

Wow, wonderful work!

I really like the texture of these. They look like they would work well.

I finally made a dishcloth!!

QUOTE]

You did great!! (and no "big holes" in the pattern) I like it. Is there a pattern site for it?

Thank you!! :hug

It's a motif in the book "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs" by Edie Eckman; this is motif number 31 (and I just realized I didn't do the last round! D'oh!) :lol it's supposed to have a round of sc done as a final round. :oops That's what I get for doing it from memory, I guess!

This is one of my favorite books, so if you get the chance to peruse a copy, I highly recommend it! Perhaps your library has it (or can get it) if you don't have a copy. :hug

Nice! I've never tried scrubbies.

Love it!

Thank you!! :hug

It's a motif in the book "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs" by Edie Eckman; this is motif number 31 (and I just realized I didn't do the last round! D'oh!) :lol it's supposed to have a round of sc done as a final round. :oops That's what I get for doing it from memory, I guess!

This is one of my favorite books, so if you get the chance to peruse a copy, I highly recommend it! Perhaps your library has it (or can get it) if you don't have a copy. :hug

I checked and my library has it. Thanks!!

I had forgotten I have this book. Not sure why I bought it since I HATE joining motifs! But it looks like a treasure of possible dishcloths!

We did our mid-month KAL and this is the cloth we made. I made mine with fewer rows because I like a smaller cloth. I used 4 days worth of clues instead of 5 so it is only about 10 rows shorter.

post-4896-135897740329_thumb.jpg

We did our mid-month KAL and this is the cloth we made. I made mine with fewer rows because I like a smaller cloth. I used 4 days worth of clues instead of 5 so it is only about 10 rows shorter.

[ATTACH]52507[/ATTACH]

I really like that!

[ATTACH]52507[/ATTACH]

That isreally pretty! Was it hard?

[ATTACH]52507[/ATTACH]

:yay So pretty! I joined that group based on your recommendation. I haven't started the dishcloth though. I think I'm going to wait until the 1st one in March.

That isreally pretty! Was it hard?

No it was really quite simple. Our list mom used a new term for a YO and it did throw some people. However, if you did just what the pattern said it worked beautifully.

She used the YF (yarn forward) which appears to be quite common in Britain. We expect a YF to be a YiF and a decorative feature. Live and learn. :think

[ATTACH]52507[/ATTACH]

Very pretty and looks like a fantastic sized cloth. I like smaller ones too. :cheer

Oh kids.................. I am so sorry for starting this thread and then just ditching you all!

It has been so crazy at my house its not even funny! With hubby's relapse and the boys in school and sports... I havent had a free moment to be on my computer in months! I've been keeping family and friends updated best I can on facebook via my phone ... so they know how hubby is doing... but thats it.

I havent even had real good time to be playing in my cotton yarn :(

I'm gonna run through the thread here and see what you all have been up to!

Please forgive me for leaving you all.

I hope to find more time to be here playing with you.

Miss you guys!

catch up more later!

((((( hugs )))))

:heart

:mug

Whipped this up in about 30 minutes earlier. Needed an easy project to clear my head. Love it!!! You did a great job!

[ATTACH]49839[/ATTACH]

Howdy,

Stalked the last "Dish cloths of" Cal and now I'm stalking this one. I always love seeing what everyone's made. Anywho, I decided to share one I made today and also share the pattern with ya'll. It is knit but it has a crocheted edging. I think it really adds to this dishcloth.

[ATTACH]50091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]50092[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking!!

Love Love Love! One of my favorite patterns!

Julee

I made this one today as a break from afghans.Oh... very cool!!!! It is really squishy and nice :)

I almost forgot to show you guys this one! I finished it the other day. I was so happy with it, I was taking my time and it was coming out so good.......and then........I dropped a stitch! :eek......on row 62! (there are only 65 rows to the pattern! :eek Being a fairly new knitter I'm not very good at fixing my mistakes. I tried, but was making it even worse, so I just decided to go with what I had since this wasn't going to be a gift. Here it is! Okay... very cool! you did GREAT!!! Be kind! :lol Oh, it's also light blue, the pic is kind of washed out. :think

I finished two more Nice... very nice!!!:)

Here are dishcloths I've made over the past month or so.

First up: knit granny cloths. Mine always turn out lopsided, no matter how careful I am.

Then a few knit dishcloths made using this pattern. I really like this pattern, quick and easy, but a little more interesting than just knitting back and forth.

A dishcloth crocheted from this pattern. Quick and easy! Whoa... look at all those!!!! They are GREAT!!!

More dishcloths.

Lacy butterfly dishcloth Mine isn't very lacy as my knitting was so tight the little holes pretty much closed up .

And two more knit cloths. One says "Snow" on it, (you can barely see it in the picture) and it isn't much better in real life!, and the other has a little snowman on it. These are not my best attempts and my lousy photography doesn't help much either. I will be using these myself. good grief... more? wow! love 'em!

Thanks Dee!

Missed one. This was a project to use up some leftover yarn. oh my!!!

Here's a pic of the dishcloths that I made. I forgot that I'd actually made a 5th one. So, here's all 5: Oh.. I like!!!

HI Ladies and Dee:

Dee thank you for asking I'm coming along well healing fast and feeling good...

Thank you for the link as well...

Well I might as well join this CAL since i will be making lots of scrubbies this year for gifts and discloths too...

Below you will see what scrubbies and dishcloth sets i've made so far.. ooooh... arent those neat!!!! love 'em!

hugs

Lillibet

I made this dishcloth last night... Pretty!!!!! love the pattern and color.. you did great!

I like to use small washcloths for my facial cleanser so this little thing will be just perfect. It is a scarf pattern that I wanted to test... It is so easy and I like the look.

[ATTACH]50876[/ATTACH]

I'm working on a crochet cloth now to test the "braid stitch"... it's... interesting. Oh.... how neat!!!

I finally got time today to sit down and crochet a dishcloth. I call this one Picket Fence Dishcloth. It's a variation of my mesh magic pattern but is worked using triple and single crochet stitches. I trimmed it using the reverse single crochet stitch.

yep................. lovein' this!

[ATTACH]50917[/ATTACH]

I gave up on the braid stitch cloth - it just didn't create any pattern that jelled for me. :(

I like this one - made from the frogged cotton...

[ATTACH]51115[/ATTACH]

Oh... another nice one!!!

I spent some time on bus rides yesterday after buying *some*:devil yarn at the mall. I love this colour pattern. It's subtle but very pretty.

I cut the yarn about 30 meters from my bus stop. :whew

[ATTACH]51286[/ATTACH]

look at you go! lookin' good!

I had some idea that I could do a square with more openness at the top but that didn't quite work out. But the dishes don't care about that. :wlol

I always enjoy all the pictures posted here! Here are some dishcloths I've done this year. Very pretty indeed!

Here are two that I have finished :)

The first is CroJulee's pattern and the second is from here.

The first is knit with a crochet border. I am not very good at knitting so it's a bit wonky, lol. Great job!!!!

Here are a few dishcloths I crocheted using my many scalloped boxes dishcloth pattern. The first one is crocheted with some sport weight cotton yarn I got at a thrift store. The 2nd one is regular weight cotton yarn and is smaller as I was using up scrap pieces of cotton.OH MY! wondeful!

[ATTACH]51338[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]51339[/ATTACH]

Hi ladies:

I Love all the dishcloths every one has been making and showing lately... Love them all... Thanks also to those of you that have posted links to find them.

Well I've been crocheting some dress # 322 of the maggies crochet challenge 2011...

I made matching scrubbies for them to make them as sets..

What ya all think???

I also want to say thank you in advance to a lovely lady here that has made me a sample of her dress she has been making from maggies crochet as well only i have been stuck and cant get it done so she made me a sample one so i can see where my troubles are and when i make some of them i will post here too...

So for now here is the ones i've been working on...

hugs

Lillibet Lovely...just lovely

Those are beautiful! I have been looking everywhere to buy plastic scrubbies so I can make some. Where have you found them? The only place I haven't looked yet is Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. None of my Walmarts have plastic only copper and steel.

Here is one that I made last night. I made some mistakes because I was super tired, but I tried to hide them, lol. The pattern is from here. I really want to try the knit one too.How pretty!!!! great job!

I had forgotten how much I like the linen stitch and it is great in a variegated.

[ATTACH]51409[/ATTACH]

Wow! Love this one!

Crochet is fast but knitting is its own fun. :crocheting

I love your pattern! I made one this morning oh... you did a great job! Love it! :)

I have been peeking in, loving the cloths you gals are making!

I have another one to share. I am enrolled in the Double-Ended Tunisian class here on the 'Ville and just completed my first project. I made a dishcloth!

So here are the pics.. one of each side. I love the reversible fabric this technique makes. New habit formed I believe!!

[ATTACH]51845[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51846[/ATTACH] omgoodness........ love 'em!!!!

hey everyone,

I've been busy crocheting. I have finished 4 dishcloths/hotpads and 1 hat. I have donated the dishcloths/hotpads, but I wanted to post the pics.wow.. wow.. wow [/QUOTE]

Here's 2 moreLovely!!! .

I just finished this one. I got the pattern from The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's #48. And I took a break from afghans last night and this morning and made some scrubbies to match the dishcloths that I have made so far. I used this pattern for the scrubbies. Thank y ou MooMooo SO much for the scrubbies!!! :hugNice... very very Nice!!!

woo hoo.... yay you!!!! great job

you are one busy lady... love love love!

[ATTACH]52507[/ATTACH]

Oh kids.................. I am so sorry for starting this thread and then just ditching you all!

It has been so crazy at my house its not even funny! With hubby's relapse and the boys in school and sports... I havent had a free moment to be on my computer in months! I've been keeping family and friends updated best I can on facebook via my phone ... so they know how hubby is doing... but thats it.

I havent even had real good time to be playing in my cotton yarn :(

I'm gonna run through the thread here and see what you all have been up to!

Please forgive me for leaving you all.

I hope to find more time to be here playing with you.

Miss you guys!

catch up more later!

((((( hugs )))))

It's so good to hear from you! Your family continues to be in our prayers. Don't forget that you need to take care of yourself, so you can care for your family!

Archived