Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

Well... here we are again...........I'm carrying this CAL over from last year because like myself.. there are others that enjoy making dishcloths.. and sharing the pics and patterns.

A dishcloth is a fun...simple... quick project that 'gives' in so many ways.

I feel great when making one ..because I can finish it in no time. I feel good being able to give them away as gifts... and they put a smile on someones face when they receive one! :U

So..... all that said....... lets get to having some fun with dishcloths.

:hook ~ pop in whenever you can.... share a dishcloth or simply comment on someone elses.

:knit ~ share a link or pattern so we can all play

:hook ~ dont forget pictures of your beautiful work

:knit ~ most of all.......... have fun!

No pressure.... No demands... No deadlines... just come play in the cotton yarn :yarn

Previous Dishcloth CAL links:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61718

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94707

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=111559

Pattern links:

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

ChrisCrossCrafts~FreeDishcloths

Fish Dishcloth

http://dishandwashclothmania.com/cloths-crochet/

365 dishcloth challenge

:heart

:mug

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always love seeing all the beautiful dishcloths in this thread each year. I crochet several myself and share them here too. I especially love seeing new patterns and admiring all the pretty creations that everyone shares.

I always love seeing all the beautiful dishcloths in this thread each year. I crochet several myself and share them here too. I especially love seeing new patterns and admiring all the pretty creations that everyone shares.

:hi Hey Cindy.... I love seeing all your cool projects!!!

Good to see you here!

Count me in! I'm loving making dishcloths! And my oldest DD is in charge of dishes around here and she says she loves using homemade cotton ones more than store bought ones. :clap Finally! Someone loves them as much as I do! So, I'm making several for our house as well as several for gifts for CHRISTmas 2012.

Count me in! I'm loving making dishcloths! And my oldest DD is in charge of dishes around here and she says she loves using homemade cotton ones more than store bought ones. :clap Finally! Someone loves them as much as I do! So, I'm making several for our house as well as several for gifts for CHRISTmas 2012.

:yay nice to have you join in!

I love handmade cotton cloths so much more that store bought too! They are great in the shower too... they hold the soap so much better!

I have made cotton coasters and use them. they work wonderfully. Me and my nana are a little weary of dishcloths and such though. Do they actually work good. They are not to thick or heavy when wet? Thats just the way it seems they would be. Just need to hear how they are to use from someone who uses them. If you don't mind.

I'm here again. I've been practicing my knitting by making dishcloths. I use only handmade dishcloths and try to keep my sisters in law and my dd supplied as well, (Sisters in law claim to have two left hands!)

Glad to see someone else knits dishcloths. I prefer the knit to the crochet ones.

I would like to join this CAL. I am mostly crocheting for charities this year. But one of the things I plan on doing is crocheting a bunch of dish cloths to put in my church's clothes closet next December. I thought they might make a small but nice "thinking of you" gift. I am also considering making some for gifts for my Sunday School class next Christmas. So this CAL is going to be fun as well as informative.

Now you all know I just can't stay away from a good CAL! Didn't get to join before, but ready to hook up some awesome cloths this year! (That huge plastic tote of cotton needs a purpose!)

I started this dishcloth this morning. It is suitable for a beginner, just requires knowing how to cast on, yarn over, slip and knit.

That looks like a nice pattern! I have it saved! I started this one yesterday. You just have to know how to slip, knit and purl. It's the first time I had to slip, so I learned something! :)

I'm going to join in, don't know how often - but I do like making dishcloths. Fun, quick project.

Ann, I have that pattern printed out to try as well.

That pattern is one I'm going to try too.

Ann, I have that pattern printed out to try as well.

I'm going to join in, don't know how often - but I do like making dishcloths. Fun, quick project.

That pattern is one I'm going to try too.

I'm enjoying making it, but it's going slow. Of course, I keep putting it down to work on a scarf and play POGO! :lol I finished the scarf last night so I should get more done on the cloth today!

Archived