Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

how is everyone this wonderful Friday morning?

We had a lovely overnight snow that ended about 7:30 am .... but the sun is out now and its starting to melt away.

My youngest will be bummed... he was hoping to rebuild his little snowman.

This is what he made a few weeks ago when we got a nice dump.

post-18634-135897741525_thumb.jpg

So... who is playing in their cotton today?

I am!!!! I have some dishcloth sets to get done... and a few scrubbies to make!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

how is everyone this wonderful Friday morning?

We had a lovely overnight snow that ended about 7:30 am .... but the sun is out now and its starting to melt away.

My youngest will be bummed... he was hoping to rebuild his little snowman.

This is what he made a few weeks ago when we got a nice dump.

[ATTACH]52663[/ATTACH]

So... who is playing in their cotton today?

I am!!!! I have some dishcloth sets to get done... and a few scrubbies to make!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

It's so good to "see" you! Hope you're making some time for yourself. Your family remains in my prayers always. I haven't done much with cotton lately, but actually was just thinking of doing something today! :lol I made a friend of mine the Marine Corps cloth for Christmas and she liked it so much that she asked me to make her 8 more! :eek I need to get working on them!

Here is my snowflake dishcloth that I got done last night. I used Sugar n Cream taupe twist. The free pattern is found here. Not sure about those picots but I've never been very good at those. This one is for me so its okay.

[ATTACH]52766[/ATTACH]

That is gorgeous!

I like that pattern. I think I would have to eliminate some stitches to get it flat.

I have started 'blocking' my cloths. They do tend to settle nicely just by getting hot tap water wet and setting them into shape. That often takes care of my extra fabric. :wlol

I am just about finished with my first dishcloth...OMG what a project. I have just started crocheting again after a 10 year hiatus (life gets in the way). I had never crocheted with cotton before having done only afghans and baby blankets and those were simple granny square or double crochet afghans. What an experience! I have torn it out several times....the last time I had a trapazoid not a square. My husband just shook his head at me.

As soon as I finish this one I am off to the next. I don't think I should have chosen the scrubby bumpy dishcloth for my first attempt but I pushed on an conquered!!! :cheer

I look forward to chatting with you and getting to know you!

Caren

I like that pattern. I think I would have to eliminate some stitches to get it flat.

I have started 'blocking' my cloths. They do tend to settle nicely just by getting hot tap water wet and setting them into shape. That often takes care of my extra fabric. :wlol

Yes this cloth needs to be blocked. It just doesn't want to lay flat. I agree that it seems to have too many stitches.

Update: I just got it wet with hot water and laid it out flat on the counter. It is laying down nicely now. :cheer I will let it dry and use it later. Thanks Darski for the tips. :hug

Yes this cloth needs to be blocked. It just doesn't want to lay flat. I agree that it seems to have too many stitches.

Update: I just got it wet with hot water and laid it out flat on the counter. It is laying down nicely now. :cheer I will let it dry and use it later. Thanks Darski for the tips. :hug

Oh good. I want to do that one.

Doll clothes are demanding my attention lately but I could spare half an hour to make just one cloth surely :hook

:wlol

Here is my snowflake dishcloth that I got done last night. I used Sugar n Cream taupe twist. The free pattern is found here. Not sure about those picots but I've never been very good at those. This one is for me so its okay.

[ATTACH]52766[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

Yep, that works! Of course, using a new dishcloth as a trivet works, too... :wink

I am just about finished with my first dishcloth...OMG what a project. I have just started crocheting again after a 10 year hiatus (life gets in the way). I had never crocheted with cotton before having done only afghans and baby blankets and those were simple granny square or double crochet afghans. What an experience! I have torn it out several times....the last time I had a trapazoid not a square. My husband just shook his head at me.

As soon as I finish this one I am off to the next. I don't think I should have chosen the scrubby bumpy dishcloth for my first attempt but I pushed on an conquered!!! :cheer

Caren

:welcome

It's great to have you!! :manyheart

Can't wait to see your first dishcloth! :hug

Hey there ladies....................

How are you all? I'm pooped.... LOL... busy weekend!

I shared these pics in another thread ... but have to share here too... (proud mommy moment) :D

Michael... my little super hero... who btw has been in remission for going on a whole year now come 21 March 2012 .... got his first PIN in a wrestling tournament this Saturday.

This is Michael PINNING his opponant...

post-18634-135897742478_thumb.jpg

This is Michael showing credit to his coaches for his first PIN...

post-18634-135897742619_thumb.jpg

This is Michael's coaches....(the two guys in yellow shirts) Notice the one on the right... that would be his big brother.... My High School Wrestler!

post-18634-135897742643_thumb.jpg

So it seems you kids are keeping busy in your cotton piles of yarn.. :D:hook I love it!

Lots to look at here and here. Thanks so much for sharing the links hon!

Here is my snowflake dishcloth that I got done last night. I used Sugar n Cream taupe twist. The free pattern is found here. Not sure about those picots but I've never been very good at those. This one is for me so its okay. Omgoodness... how pretty!!!!

[ATTACH]52766[/ATTACH]

woohoo................ welcome to the 'ville and good to have you here with us. :hi HI

Caren

Well... I did get some time with my cotton and this is a few things I made....

Dishcloth set for my sis-in-law.......

post-18634-135897742694_thumb.jpg

Dishcloth and scrubbie set for a dear friend......

post-18634-135897742663_thumb.jpg

have a great night all........

I finally made my White Snowflake cloth. To take care of some of the excess I used trebles on the send open row.

post-4896-135897742835_thumb.jpg

I also decided to try my "Circle of Hope" square as a possible trivet. The extra work in that centre portion gives some safe room. I think I would do it again with 2 strands for real trivet use though.

post-4896-135897742839_thumb.jpg

I think this pattern has been taken down. it is not listed at CPC

Hey there ladies....................

How are you all? I'm pooped.... LOL... busy weekend!

I shared these pics in another thread ... but have to share here too... (proud mommy moment) :D

Michael... my little super hero... who btw has been in remission for going on a whole year now come 21 March 2012 .... got his first PIN in a wrestling tournament this Saturday.

This is Michael PINNING his opponant...

[ATTACH]52773[/ATTACH]

This is Michael showing credit to his coaches for his first PIN...

[ATTACH]52774[/ATTACH]

This is Michael's coaches....(the two guys in yellow shirts) Notice the one on the right... that would be his big brother.... My High School Wrestler!

[ATTACH]52775[/ATTACH]

So it seems you kids are keeping busy in your cotton piles of yarn.. :D:hook I love it!

[ATTACH]52777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52776[/ATTACH]

have a great night all........

Thanks for sharing Michael's big moment with us!

You dishcloths are beautiful.

I finally made my White Snowflake cloth. To take care of some of the excess I used trebles on the send open row.

[ATTACH]52784[/ATTACH]

I also decided to try my "Circle of Hope" square as a possible trivet. The extra work in that centre portion gives some safe room. I think I would do it again with 2 strands for real trivet use though.

[ATTACH]52785[/ATTACH]

I think this pattern has been taken down. it is not listed at CPC

Both look great!

[ATTACH]52777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52776[/ATTACH]

Congrats to ds for the winning match and pin! :cheer And I love your dishcloth sets. All are so pretty. :clap

Archived