Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

I almost forgot to show you guys this one! I finished it the other day. I was so happy with it, I was taking my time and it was coming out so good.......and then........I dropped a stitch! :eek......on row 62! (there are only 65 rows to the pattern! :eek Being a fairly new knitter I'm not very good at fixing my mistakes. I tried, but was making it even worse, so I just decided to go with what I had since this wasn't going to be a gift. Here it is! Be kind! :lol Oh, it's also light blue, the pic is kind of washed out. :think

Ann, I think it looks great. Everything I knit has a bit of "character" to it! I cannot fix a mistake in knitting.

I finished two more :)

beautiful, such great colors.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are dishcloths I've made over the past month or so.

First up: knit granny cloths. Mine always turn out lopsided, no matter how careful I am.

Then a few knit dishcloths made using this pattern. I really like this pattern, quick and easy, but a little more interesting than just knitting back and forth.

A dishcloth crocheted from this pattern. Quick and easy!

post-6189-135897729256_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729262_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729265_thumb.jpg

More dishcloths.

Lacy butterfly dishcloth Mine isn't very lacy as my knitting was so tight the little holes pretty much closed up .

And two more knit cloths. One says "Snow" on it, (you can barely see it in the picture) and it isn't much better in real life!, and the other has a little snowman on it. These are not my best attempts and my lousy photography doesn't help much either. I will be using these myself.

post-6189-135897729268_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13589772953_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729534_thumb.jpg

More dishcloths.

Lacy butterfly dishcloth Mine isn't very lacy as my knitting was so tight the little holes pretty much closed up .

And two more knit cloths. One says "Snow" on it, (you can barely see it in the picture) and it isn't much better in real life!, and the other has a little snowman on it. These are not my best attempts and my lousy photography doesn't help much either. I will be using these myself.

Wow you have been really busy. Love the Snow on that one. Very cute stuff. :clap

Now if I could get time and get a few done to share that would be good. I've been busy making a blanket bunny buddy for my new gd but I will be able to hopefully get some dishcloths crocheted soon.

Super cute!! :yay

First up: knit granny cloths. Mine always turn out lopsided, no matter how careful I am.

Then a few knit dishcloths made using this pattern. I really like this pattern, quick and easy, but a little more interesting than just knitting back and forth.

Love them all! I love plain knitted cloths; wish I knew how to knit!! And the flowery ones are so pretty! :manyheart

More dishcloths.

These are great!! :yes

Thanks Dee!

Missed one. This was a project to use up some leftover yarn.

That one turned out great, too! A good friend of my son's (Rebecca, she used to date my eldest and now is good friends with my 2nd born) learned how to knit, and I gave her a bunch of cotton scraps; she practiced her knitting, and I got a bunch of cloths! They weren't particularly pretty, and I was thrilled to receive them, and they are very serviceable! :hook

Wow Ladies I have not joined this CAL but I am following it and all the dishcloths are so beautiful....

Each and every one of them....

Dee can you tell me where you got the dress pattern from? Please...

Maybe later i will post here and join you gals but not sure as i dont always work on dishcloths and when i do they are usually my scrubbies...

hugs

Lillibet

Love it, Ann! :hug Maybe someday I'll be able to do that fancy stuff, too... :) Does that type of knitting (putting the picture in there) hurt your hands? I have a friend that makes cloths like that, and she said she uses smaller needles and they cause her some degree of pain... but she loves the look, so she still does them, just takes her longer because she has to put it down a lot...

Well, I don't have much experience in any other type of knitting so I wouldn't know the difference! :lol But, yes, it does hurt my hands. I find that I can only do about 5-10 rows before I have to put it down. I lot of times I work on them while I play POGO games. I'll play one hand, knit a few rows, then play another hand, lol! Makes solitaire or puzzles go faster and my hands feel better that way!

:cheer:clap

Ann, I think it looks great. Everything I knit has a bit of "character" to it! I cannot fix a mistake in knitting.

beautiful, such great colors.

Thank you! Nice to know I'm not the only one that can't fix their mistakes! :)

They're great!!!

More dishcloths.

Love them!!!

Thanks Dee!

Missed one. This was a project to use up some leftover yarn.

Nice!

Wow Ladies I have not joined this CAL but I am following it and all the dishcloths are so beautiful....

Each and every one of them....

Dee can you tell me where you got the dress pattern from? Please...

Maybe later i will post here and join you gals but not sure as i dont always work on dishcloths and when i do they are usually my scrubbies...

hugs

Lillibet

How are you feeling Lillibet? Are you recovered from your surgery? The pattern is found here (you have to register to view it):

http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/2011/08/14/226-burgundy-dress-crochet-dishcloth-maggie-weldon-maggies-crochet/ It's #226 :)

Sorry for the link. I just recently got an Ipad and can't figure out how to upload photos here. This is a washcloth I did for a friend that recently had a baby. The washcloth almost has a toast like shape. LOL

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff361/mrsforest0708/?action=view&current=d8bd4ef5.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

Sorry for the link. I just recently got an Ipad and can't figure out how to upload photos here. This is a washcloth I did for a friend that recently had a baby. The washcloth almost has a toast like shape. LOL

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff361/mrsforest0708/?action=view&current=d8bd4ef5.jpg&mediafilter=noflash

Here's a pic of the dishcloths that I made. I forgot that I'd actually made a 5th one. So, here's all 5:

Cute!!! All of them... :D:manyheart

HI Ladies and Dee:

Dee thank you for asking I'm coming along well healing fast and feeling good...

Thank you for the link as well...

Well I might as well join this CAL since i will be making lots of scrubbies this year for gifts and discloths too...

Below you will see what scrubbies and dishcloth sets i've made so far..

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897730558_thumb.jpg

Nice!!!

Here's a pic of the dishcloths that I made. I forgot that I'd actually made a 5th one. So, here's all 5:

They're great!

HI Ladies and Dee:

Dee thank you for asking I'm coming along well healing fast and feeling good...

Thank you for the link as well...

Well I might as well join this CAL since i will be making lots of scrubbies this year for gifts and discloths too...

Below you will see what scrubbies and dishcloth sets i've made so far..

hugs

Lillibet

Glad you're healing well Lillibet! The cloths are great! You've been busy!

I've been away from CALs for a while but I would really like to join this one if I may.

I'm in a mystery knitting dishcloth Yahoo group but I want to work up some crochet pattern swatches and I like dishcloths for that.

Since I have recently moved, I am trying to stock my new kitchen with the bits and bobs that make a house (ok apt :wlol ) a home.

Archived