Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying to hold on to the basic knitting skills I have so I finished a Lucky Clover one for St. Patrick's Day and posted the picture on my blog. I am still amazed at how much LONGER it takes me to knit than it does to crochet. While I am never going to be a great knitter, I refuse to give up the basic skills I have, they are useful for small projects.

I feel the same way, and I like knitting better for some projects. Dishcloths and slippers are two of them.

Nice dishcloth.

Howdy,

Stalked the last "Dish cloths of" Cal and now I'm stalking this one. I always love seeing what everyone's made. Anywho, I decided to share one I made today and also share the pattern with ya'll. It is knit but it has a crocheted edging. I think it really adds to this dishcloth.

[ATTACH]50091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]50092[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

Thanks for sharing, will have to try this out, pretty new to knitting, I love your patterns :hug

I'd like to join this one, wanting to make some of these for coming Christmas

:welcome

I have a bunch to show, but I haven't yet figured out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer. Next time ds is here, I'll get him to do it.

I email them to myself and download them. It is the only way I know how to do it. Someone else may have a better method.

I made a dishcloth from this pattern today. I added a SC border to it ads it looked really unfinished as written. Its my A dishcloth for an A to N dishcloth-along that I am doing with friends.

I am hoping to get pictures of all the dishcloths I've made recently this weekend.

I like that design! Can't wait to see yours!! :tup:hook

I made a dishcloth from this pattern today. I added a SC border to it ads it looked really unfinished as written. Its my A dishcloth for an A to N dishcloth-along that I am doing with friends.

I am hoping to get pictures of all the dishcloths I've made recently this weekend.

I have that one saved and was thinking of making it soon. Looking forward to seeing yours!

I almost forgot to show you guys this one! I finished it the other day. I was so happy with it, I was taking my time and it was coming out so good.......and then........I dropped a stitch! :eek......on row 62! (there are only 65 rows to the pattern! :eek Being a fairly new knitter I'm not very good at fixing my mistakes. I tried, but was making it even worse, so I just decided to go with what I had since this wasn't going to be a gift. Here it is! Be kind! :lol Oh, it's also light blue, the pic is kind of washed out. :think

post-16860-135897728364_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot to show you guys this one! I finished it the other day. I was so happy with it, I was taking my time and it was coming out so good.......and then........I dropped a stitch! :eek......on row 62! (there are only 65 rows to the pattern! :eek Being a fairly new knitter I'm not very good at fixing my mistakes. I tried, but was making it even worse, so I just decided to go with what I had since this wasn't going to be a gift. Here it is! Be kind! :lol Oh, it's also light blue, the pic is kind of washed out. :think

Love it, Ann! :hug Maybe someday I'll be able to do that fancy stuff, too... :) Does that type of knitting (putting the picture in there) hurt your hands? I have a friend that makes cloths like that, and she said she uses smaller needles and they cause her some degree of pain... but she loves the look, so she still does them, just takes her longer because she has to put it down a lot...

I think I'm in... I haven't done crocheted dishcloths in some time.. mmine are getting a bit dingy and worn... some new ones are in order!

:welcome

Can't wait to see what you come up with!! :hug

Archived