Dishcloths of 2012 CAL...........

teakaycee

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all.................. wow have I been seriously MIA!!!

I am so sorry I totally ditched you all..................... please forgive me!

What a time it has been for me!

I sure do miss you guys!!!!! But I have been so darn busy... it hasnt even been funny. I managed to post alot on FB because I can do that real easy from my phone ... in order to keep family and friends updated with whats been going on with me... hubby.. and the kids..... but thats about it!

I'm not going to say this too loud... but I may have found things to be slightly .... very slightly setting down so I can come visit you lovely ladies and gents again.

Very quick update....

I'm good... tired like no other.. but good

Hubby is great... had his bone marrow transplant back in May after a relapse has put him back in the hospital in Novemeber of last and again in March of this year. He has been in the hospital all year... finally got to come home the end of last month. Praise God! He is Cancer free!

The kids............ well... my oldest three are still doing great... My Navy son has been stationed on shore duty in Oklahoma. *whew* My other son is doing well... keeping busy with his kids and work. My daughter just landed a new job as a phlebotomist which will pay her more that her CNA job. Being a single mom of 3... she's happy to have the extra money!

My younger three boys that are still at home are doing great... school has started and they are having a blast. My youngest is still chasing bugs. He is the Team Manager for the Jr High Football team. He had a great summer of Baseball and improved alot. My super hero Michael is doing great also....... he has been in remission for over a year now! I thank God every day for him being healthy and happy! He grew like a crazy weed over the summer... 5'8.5" (taller than me... sigh) He's anxious for wrestling season to start. He got some time on the mound this summer pitching for his team... he did a really good job! And my 6'1" 16yr old .... What an amazing summer he had. He pitched fantastic for his team ... they went 25 -5 for the season taking Championship of 3 out of 4 tournaments they were in.... 2nd place in the 4th one. He was invited to a College camp in August that we took him to........ amazing! Since then he has been contacted by 4 different Colleges interested in him. He's playing Fall Baseball right now and having a blast. Wrestling season will start soon for him and he too is anxious for that... Keeps him busy and fit ... heheee.

And ME............... I've just been BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a single mom for the last 8 months has been exhausting!

I have been able to get some crocheting done... not as much as I would have liked... but some. I have been able to crochet more since the boys have been in school.... which makes me happy! :)

Been on a blanket kick lately.... (comfort'ghans and prayer blankets)

Anyway............. wanted to say :hi HI

have a great evening!

Evening all.................. wow have I been seriously MIA!!!

I am so sorry I totally ditched you all..................... please forgive me!

Anyway............. wanted to say :hi HI

have a great evening!

Oh I am so glad you checked in and update us. I have been worried about you and sent you an email recently through your blog. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep in touch when you can. :hug

Oh I am so glad you checked in and update us. I have been worried about you and sent you an email recently through your blog. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep in touch when you can. :hug

Big Cyber :hug to you too my dear!

Missed you!

What fun new Plarn items have you made?

:sun Gooooooooooood Morning all..................

Well........... I have just gone back through this thread and looked at all the dishcloths you all have made.

:eek OMGoodness.............. what a collection of beauty!

You ladies are amazing!!!

I want to apologize for starting this thread and then ditching you all. Its been a rough year. But we're gettin' through... seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... and movin' foward!

Anyway........... wanted to share a couple of pics of dishcloths I had made.

post-18634-13589777856_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897778565_thumb.jpg

:mug

I finished two more :)

Where did you find the patterns?They are both pretty. I found the dress pattern but am stuck on row 2 I think. I just don't get the top of the dress.

Hi there! So I haven't been in this CAL at all, but lately I've been lurking as I've been making a bunch of dishcloths for wedding gifts. I got a little pattern book of them by the Crochet Dude from a FGM and I've had fun ever since! Here's the most recent bunch that's being mailed to a friend getting married this weekend.

The green vari one has bobbles that make a heart but it doesn't show up too well in the picture. I got all these yarns as scraps at a garage sale for 50 cents!

post-61033-135897779421_thumb.jpg

post-61033-135897779424_thumb.jpg

post-61033-135897779426_thumb.jpg

Hi there! So I haven't been in this CAL at all, but lately I've been lurking as I've been making a bunch of dishcloths for wedding gifts. I got a little pattern book of them by the Crochet Dude from a FGM and I've had fun ever since! Here's the most recent bunch that's being mailed to a friend getting married this weekend.

The green vari one has bobbles that make a heart but it doesn't show up too well in the picture. I got all these yarns as scraps at a garage sale for 50 cents!

~~~ Pretty ~~~ Pretty ~~~ Pretty ~~~

you did a great job!

love them all!

oh... welcome.... glad you decided to pop in and share your lovely dishcloths and come play with us! :hook

:heart

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Didnt play in any of my cotton yarn this weekend. I need to though.... my mom wants me to make her a handful of dishcloths to have on had for gifts.

Well.... need to get the last couple loads of laundry done today.

So I'll catch up later

Very nice. What a great gift!

• 2 weeks later...

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

How's everyone doing? I know you all know I've been busy...LOL

Since the boys only go to school 4 days a week... my weekends are great... but short week to get errands done... :)

Tuesday had to run hubby around to get a bunch of HIS errands done. Yesterday ran a couple of my own.

I think I'm going to try and get a manicure today! :D

Gotta run hubby up to the church later tonight ... he's doing a practice run of his speech for Sunday.

Need to finish making the pink football beanies for my boys to wear to tomorrow's football game. They have a home game in October to support Breast Cancer... the admission to the game that night and concessions all go to support Cancer awareness. EVERYONE will show up all dressed in pink. They call it the PINK OUT Game. Our football players will even be wearing pink socks.

I did manage to get a few rows on my blue/brown ripple yesterday... and one pink beanie made.... giving me 3 done.... but I want to use up the yarn and make as many as I can just to have a few extra.

I need to dig out some of my cotton and make a few dishcloth sets for gifts!!!

Well... the school hasnt called yet needing me to sub today.... so I might just get to go out and get that manicure... shhhhhhh ;)

Okay... need a coffee refill :mug!!!!!!!!

catch up more later!

• 1 month later...

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ Good Evening all ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Wow... how did so much time get away from me.

Last time I was here was last month. My goodness!

How have you all been?

Any new and fun dishcloths being made?

I have been making them here and there... my mom wanted a bunch to have on hand for gifts.

I'm now making 12 dishcloths for a lady at the Elementary School to use as Christmas gifts. I'm making a little bit of money and she's getting some homemade gifts.

I'll have to pop in a picture tomorrow to show you. :hook

How was everyones Thanksgiving?

Ours was great! We're finishing up the leftovers quite nicely. I took everything we had for dinner and put it in a casserole. I mixed it all up... Turkey ... mashed potatoes .. sweet potatoes.. .corn.. gravy...stuffing.... layered it all with lasagna noodles. My Thanksgiving Leftover Lasagna :D Baked it till the noodles were tender and everthing was heated through and we are almost done with it! No waste of our leftovers and its YUMMY!

Well.. off to get some more coffee and crochet for a while.

Catch you all later!

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ Good Evening all ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Wow... how did so much time get away from me.

Last time I was here was last month. My goodness!

How have you all been?

Any new and fun dishcloths being made?

I have been making them here and there... my mom wanted a bunch to have on hand for gifts.

I'm now making 12 dishcloths for a lady at the Elementary School to use as Christmas gifts. I'm making a little bit of money and she's getting some homemade gifts.

I'll have to pop in a picture tomorrow to show you. :hook

How was everyones Thanksgiving?

Ours was great! We're finishing up the leftovers quite nicely. I took everything we had for dinner and put it in a casserole. I mixed it all up... Turkey ... mashed potatoes .. sweet potatoes.. .corn.. gravy...stuffing.... layered it all with lasagna noodles. My Thanksgiving Leftover Lasagna :D Baked it till the noodles were tender and everthing was heated through and we are almost done with it! No waste of our leftovers and its YUMMY!

Well.. off to get some more coffee and crochet for a while.

Catch you all later!

I haven't crocheted a dishcloth in a long time but I just love reading your updates. :-) I check often just to see if anyone has posted anything new. I'll have to crochet a dish cloth and take a pic just so I have something to share next time I log on to cville. lol

.:: Good Morning kids ::.

hope all is well with you! I'll post a pic or two later of the few dishcloths I have been making!

I haven't crocheted a dishcloth in a long time but I just love reading your udates. :-) I check often just to see if anyone has posted anything new. I'll have to crochet a dish cloth and take a pic just so I have something to share next time I log on to cville. lol Oh.... yes.... play in some cotton yarn and come share! :hook

I've been making Christmas angel dishcloths in mistletoe yarn. 14 made, 11 given away during Thanksgiving visits. I need to get a picture of one. Umm... picture definately! we love to see pics!!! :D

Archived