Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

:waving

I really enjoy watching everyone's progress! way to go!!! :clap

I worked on putting my squares together this weekend, the pattern called for 24 squares, I made 36 squares, it still looks too small, :think I want to make this to cover the top of a queen size bed. right now it measures 36 inches by 36 inches. the rose squares would add about 8 inches all around.

I don't know if I should add a border now, and then the rose squares, and more border---or the rose squares and add extra, extra border at the end??? what do you think???

this is the pattern I am working on. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

here is my progress, I still need to weave in the ends :hook

post-50230-135897731945_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked on putting my squares together this weekend, the pattern called for 24 squares, I made 36 squares, it still looks too small, :think I want to make this to cover the top of a queen size bed. right now it measures 36 inches by 36 inches. the rose squares would add about 8 inches all around.

I don't know if I should add a border now, and then the rose squares, and more border---or the rose squares and add extra, extra border at the end??? what do you think???

this is the pattern I am working on. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

Beautiful :manyheart

Love the pattern

What you have done so far looks so nice. The joining looks great. I downloaded the pattern just to see how the assembly was done, but I thought the directions were vague (for me). I'm still trying to figure out how I can/want to join squares I made about 2 years ago

Beautiful! Hmmm, I'm not sure what I would do. I'm sure whatever you choose will be lovely!

Very pretty! I'm down to the last 2 squares of my afghan. Still have 16 left to put borders on though.

I always thought that the amounts of yarn this pattern called for was a little suspect, and I was right! :eek The pattern makes 4 "flower" colors with 9 motifs for each. I just finished the 9 motifs in one color, and instead of using the 3 balls it called for, it only used one ball. It says I only need 2 total balls of white, when making 1/4 of the motifs used up a ball all on its own. By the end of this I will have bought 8 more skeins than I needed, but still need 3 more of another color. I hate that, especially when I ordered it online.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/flower-tiles-afghan

On the other hand, I LOVE the way the motifs look. So I should really stop complaining, and enjoy the process. It happens, right?

It is a gorgeous motif.

What you have so far looks great. I think I would figure out where the rose squares would fall if you put the afghan on a queen size bed and then decide about the borders.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do. According to ravelry the finished afghan if done as written is 47x61. I'd do more squares and as someone said,get it to the size so that the rose square border would be at the edge of the bed then add what borders you need?

Whatever you do it is lovely so far!

Only managed one increase row today. But, progress is progress even in small amounts.

Love all of the beautiful afghans coming along! :cheer

I always thought that the amounts of yarn this pattern called for was a little suspect, and I was right! :eek The pattern makes 4 "flower" colors with 9 motifs for each. I just finished the 9 motifs in one color, and instead of using the 3 balls it called for, it only used one ball. It says I only need 2 total balls of white, when making 1/4 of the motifs used up a ball all on its own. By the end of this I will have bought 8 more skeins than I needed, but still need 3 more of another color. I hate that, especially when I ordered it online.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/flower-tiles-afghan

On the other hand, I LOVE the way the motifs look. So I should really stop complaining, and enjoy the process. It happens, right?

Looks great! You're right; those skein numbers they have listed on the pattern sound more than a little off! :think:lol

Finished! I always try to convince myself to use a more simple edge than the pattern calls for because I want to move on to the next project and I'm always glad when I don't. This pattern is from 50 Sensational Afghans and Throws.

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

Next I'm finally going to get rid of yarn I've had for twenty years. Once it was in squares but I'm not crazy about the colour so I've been dragging the unfinished project around for a long time. The squares themselves were pretty sloppy so I've taken them apart and am knotting the tiny balls together. The finished product will be perfect in the camper!

That's really pretty!

Looking good!

:crocheting Can I join in? I have 2 afghans I am working on. This will be my VERY FIRST A-LONG. I am doing the finishing work on a granny afghan of 3 inch squares for a friend and need to finish up the afghan of sixteen 12 inch squares.

A donation of yarn came into the Craft Group with a pattern started so I decided to try to work the same pattern.... :(:ohdear:sigh The person crocheted so tight you couldn't see any of the pattern so I ended up just frogging the whole thing. The pattern is on the yarn label and is super easy so I am going to restart it and combine some other colors into it too. The only other problem is it is Caron Perfect Match yarn... :eek I thought Red Heart burned !!! This stuff is the same or worse. Does anyone know if Caron has stoped making this? I couldn't find any info on it at their website. The pattern on the label has a copyright date of 1991 on it. The only info on the website was that it came in 7oz skiens... well this yarn is 8 oz :think I have plenty of yarn to work with, there were 5 skiens of the Perfect Match color wine and 2 skiens of Red Heart color country rose. I thought I would add some antique white to the pattern and it might be interesting too. :D

Here are some pictures of the pattern on the label

post-22215-135897732477_thumb.jpg

:mug:cat:yarn

post-22215-135897732483_thumb.jpg

A donation of yarn came into the Craft Group with a pattern started so I decided to try to work the same pattern.... :(:ohdear:sigh The person crocheted so tight you couldn't see any of the pattern so I ended up just frogging the whole thing. The pattern is on the yarn label and is super easy so I am going to restart it and combine some other colors into it too. The only other problem is it is Caron Perfect Match yarn... :eek I thought Red Heart burned !!! This stuff is the same or worse. Does anyone know if Caron has stoped making this? I couldn't find any info on it at their website. The pattern on the label has a copyright date of 1991 on it. The only info on the website was that it came in 7oz skiens... well this yarn is 8 oz :think I have plenty of yarn to work with, there were 5 skiens of the Perfect Match color wine and 2 skiens of Red Heart color country rose. I thought I would add some antique white to the pattern and it might be interesting too. :D

[ATTACH]51147[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]51146[/ATTACH]

I got some with the same label on it a a yard sale a few years ago. I can't remember what I did with it, though. I don't know if they still make it, I've never seen it anywhere.

I still have some yarn called "Perfect Kolor Match" that I bought many years ago at a going out of business sale. I think yarns labelled like this were the beginning of the "no dye lot" yarns.

Everybody you projects are looking great! I got nothing done this weekend! I spend all day yesterday and Sunday in Chicago at a funeral...this is the 3rd one I have been to in 3 weeks...it was very sad. However I still need to think about everything I need to do because as everybody keeps saying the baby is coming and she is not going to wait for me to be ready! Lol hubby told me I'm not to go crazy cleaning and cooking today because I've been told I'm hurting myself doing to much...it's so hard but at least it will give me time for all my projects!

What you have done so far looks so nice. The joining looks great. I downloaded the pattern just to see how the assembly was done, but I thought the directions were vague (for me). I'm still trying to figure out how I can/want to join squares I made about 2 years ago

I usually do whipstitch joining, but am thinking I might try to crochet this next one together :think I know that wasn't very helpful to you :sigh

:crocheting Can I join in? I have 2 afghans I am working on. This will be my VERY FIRST A-LONG. I am doing the finishing work on a granny afghan of 3 inch squares for a friend and need to finish up the afghan of sixteen 12 inch squares.

Absolutely you can join in :welcome

[ATTACH]51147[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]51146[/ATTACH]

That's a pretty ghan and I've never heard of the yarn :(

Everybody you projects are looking great! I got nothing done this weekend! I spend all day yesterday and Sunday in Chicago at a funeral...this is the 3rd one I have been to in 3 weeks...it was very sad. However I still need to think about everything I need to do because as everybody keeps saying the baby is coming and she is not going to wait for me to be ready! Lol hubby told me I'm not to go crazy cleaning and cooking today because I've been told I'm hurting myself doing to much...it's so hard but at least it will give me time for all my projects!

Sorry for your losses :hug And definitely don't do too much, and like you already said, look on the bright side that you can work on your projects :yes DH is right and you should listen (well, this time...how often does that happen :think:lol )

Hi all...I thought I'd join this CAL. It seems to be a bit busier than the other thread for my particular afghan. I'm working on the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan. I start about a week and a half ago and am about 2/3rds done. It's worked in pieces and then sewn together, then worked in the round. It's a bit different and a good challenge. I've been enjoying it. Now to read through this thread and see what others are working on.

Hi all...I thought I'd join this CAL. It seems to be a bit busier than the other thread for my particular afghan. I'm working on the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan. I start about a week and a half ago and am about 2/3rds done. It's worked in pieces and then sewn together, then worked in the round. It's a bit different and a good challenge. I've been enjoying it. Now to read through this thread and see what others are working on.

Welcome! We're glad to have you. :)

Thank you. Currently my cat Serenghetti has stolen the afghan and is asleep on it...which is fine because I can work on the Small Heptagons (16 of 32 that I need to make.) Serenghetti is a yarn pirate...always has been...

Archived