Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Nicole - Will keep your nephew in my prayers.

Sue - Lovely work!

Yarn_geek - I love it! Can't wait to see it finished!

I'm down to the last 7 squares on my Twinkle Little Star ghan. Still got 25 squares to put borders on though. I'm glad I've been weaving in ends as I go along....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
count me in if its not too late. I have a few afghans already started and a few to make for christmas and I need to get an early start :)

Never too late to join in the fun!!! Are you working on an afghan now? I'm working on a RR-and my goal is to get it finished before the Bernat Mystery Ghan CAL starts on the 15th of Feb!!

You all are doing such a great job with your afghans. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't worked on mine since the weekend. :(

My nephew has been in and out of the hospital (ICU no less). He's having surgery today. Keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers please. With him and regular life, I feel like I barely have time to sit down in the evening.

Just need to do the border and weave in all those ends. :)

[ATTACH]50941[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

Made some good progress on my Heirloom Stitches Throw last week. I took a picture on Tuesday but never got around to posting it. I'm a bit further along but not by much.

Nicole - thoughts and prayers for your nephew! And hopefully you're having an amazing birthday!

Sue - that is so marvelous! I love those colors!

yarn_geek - It looks beautiful! It's going to be so fabulous when you're done!

Finished! I always try to convince myself to use a more simple edge than the pattern calls for because I want to move on to the next project and I'm always glad when I don't. This pattern is from 50 Sensational Afghans and Throws.

post-22989-135897731808_thumb.jpg

Next I'm finally going to get rid of yarn I've had for twenty years. Once it was in squares but I'm not crazy about the colour so I've been dragging the unfinished project around for a long time. The squares themselves were pretty sloppy so I've taken them apart and am knotting the tiny balls together. The finished product will be perfect in the camper!

Finished! I always try to convince myself to use a more simple edge than the pattern calls for because I want to move on to the next project and I'm always glad when I don't. This pattern is from 50 Sensational Afghans and Throws.

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

Next I'm finally going to get rid of yarn I've had for twenty years. Once it was in squares but I'm not crazy about the colour so I've been dragging the unfinished project around for a long time. The squares themselves were pretty sloppy so I've taken them apart and am knotting the tiny balls together. The finished product will be perfect in the camper!

That is beautiful!

Made some good progress on my Heirloom Stitches Throw last week. I took a picture on Tuesday but never got around to posting it. I'm a bit further along but not by much.

That is gorgeous! I keep thinking about making that one, but I'm not sure. Seeing how pretty your 'ghan is might be making my mind up for me. I really dislike popcorns though. Hmm, I wonder what else I can make instead of those in that part. :think

count me in if its not too late. I have a few afghans already started and a few to make for christmas and I need to get an early start :)

Never too late or early for that matter! :lol Welcome!!

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous! I love the color. I always want to do some simple border just to get finished, too. I really have to force myself to do something more intricate.

Thanks for the prayers/thoughts for my nephew and the birthday wishes everyone. You all are awesome! :manyheart

That is very pretty, I love the border and the colors

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

Never too late to join in the fun!!! Are you working on an afghan now? I'm working on a RR-and my goal is to get it finished before the Bernat Mystery Ghan CAL starts on the 15th of Feb!!

I have a few that I have started recently. 1 magicball RR, one tunisian crochet ghan, 1 ripple ghan, a few NICU blankets, and I need to get started on some cristmas blankets

:hook:hook:hook OHHHH a Mystery Ghan :hook:hook:hook Ill be on the look out for that

Beautiful! :clap:clap:clap Thank you for sharing it!

:mug:cat:yarn

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

What a lovely afghan!!!!

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

This is really pretty!!

Well I'm down to my final 4 squares and I barely have any yellow left. My stashbusting score will def be taking a hit this week. :crocheting

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

That is beautiful, good job!

I always thought that the amounts of yarn this pattern called for was a little suspect, and I was right! :eek The pattern makes 4 "flower" colors with 9 motifs for each. I just finished the 9 motifs in one color, and instead of using the 3 balls it called for, it only used one ball. It says I only need 2 total balls of white, when making 1/4 of the motifs used up a ball all on its own. By the end of this I will have bought 8 more skeins than I needed, but still need 3 more of another color. I hate that, especially when I ordered it online.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/flower-tiles-afghan

On the other hand, I LOVE the way the motifs look. So I should really stop complaining, and enjoy the process. It happens, right?

post-41133-135897731902_thumb.jpg

I always thought that the amounts of yarn this pattern called for was a little suspect, and I was right! :eek The pattern makes 4 "flower" colors with 9 motifs for each. I just finished the 9 motifs in one color, and instead of using the 3 balls it called for, it only used one ball. It says I only need 2 total balls of white, when making 1/4 of the motifs used up a ball all on its own. By the end of this I will have bought 8 more skeins than I needed, but still need 3 more of another color. I hate that, especially when I ordered it online.

On the other hand, I LOVE the way the motifs look. So I should really stop complaining, and enjoy the process. It happens, right?

I love it!!

[ATTACH]51042[/ATTACH]

This is beautiful!!

Love the motif. The colors are pretty I can imagine they would come in handy for other projects.

Finally got back to the cat afghan this weekend after stopping to work on swap and Valentine's Day projects. Two more rows completed. I can see the end of the last graph in site and then I just have to edge it.:cheer:cheer:cheer

So many pretty things shown while I was away!

I started a filet heart afghan last night. I have admitted defeat on the wedding ring I was working on. I will finish it in the next couple weeks, but it won't be good enough for a wedding gift. This filet heart will now be the wedding gift ;) I decided since I wasn't enjoying the creation of the wedding ring and it wasn't coming out nice enough, I can just peacefully accept defeat and move on to more relaxing and enjoyable projects :) (I gotta tell ya though, it still drives me nuts that I didn't succeed like I wanted to, lol).

Good morning everyone :hi

I got another square of my afghan done over the weekend and some other things, but nothing else afghan related :lol

Nicole - I wasn't here yesterday so :birthday belated....I hope it was wonderful :hug

jillybean - gorgeous ghan :manyheart

Amanda - Your motif came out awesome and I'm sure you'll find a use for the yarn :wink But yes, that drives me nuts too.

Archived