Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

After weaving in my ends I realized I had to frog two rows because I reversed two colors and one cat no longer had an ear attached.:eek After reapiaring the damage I manged to get up one row by the end of the evening. I think I will wait to weave any more end until I am finished.:lol

What a bummer! Good job fixing it and making some progress in addition!

Finally got all my squares finished, and bordered. The second to last square, I realized I really messed it up, and so I made it again. Tomorrow, I'll start putting them together.

I hate it when that stuff happens, lol. I can't wait to see your finished product :)

Yay!!!!! It's a good feeling isn't it?

Update on my afghan...I have most of the small heptagons done, I think I have about 8 of 32 still to go...I worked on them today as I had a doctor's appointment and they were easier to do rather than try to drag the afghan and work on the rounds...

You will be done in no time!

LeAnna, that is a gorgeous Cathedral Rose! (Have pattern but very intimidated by it for some reason!)

Alas, I am going to put aside my Simply Spiraled for the time being. I am just not in the mood for it for some reason, and don't know what is up with that. It has gotten a lot easier to do the stitches with some practice, but it just isn't keeping my attention. Perhaps I need to get a different yarn for it, as the Agean Stripes might not be the most complimentary with the different lengths of color? I don't know .... :sigh However.... I will hopefully be starting a new afghan this weekend!

I understand completely. I have done that before. I actually have two afghans started that bore me to death, but I am determined to finish them. They are just basic grannies for two of my daughters. But the motonony is driving me nuts, lol.

Well, I have 35 more rows to do on this afghan for my son. I can't wait to see it completed. It is huge!! Can't wait to show you all the end results.

I can't wait to see it too!!!

I have 11 more rows on my RR and then the border and it is finished. I have 3 strips done on the filet heart afghan. I just bought two more patterns (one in a book, and one off Ravelry) so I really want to finish all my wip's to start these, lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started my last square last night and should get that done today, then can join :clap

Finally got all my squares finished, and bordered. The second to last square, I realized I really messed it up, and so I made it again. Tomorrow, I'll start putting them together.

Sorry you had to redo one, but :yay for getting to the joining process

LeAnna, that is a gorgeous Cathedral Rose! (Have pattern but very intimidated by it for some reason!)

Alas, I am going to put aside my Simply Spiraled for the time being. I am just not in the mood for it for some reason, and don't know what is up with that. It has gotten a lot easier to do the stitches with some practice, but it just isn't keeping my attention. Perhaps I need to get a different yarn for it, as the Agean Stripes might not be the most complimentary with the different lengths of color? I don't know .... :sigh However.... I will hopefully be starting a new afghan this weekend!

When I make something 'boring' I try to say I'll do that for a predetermined length of time and then reward myself with something more fun to work on :think Sometimes it works and other times not so much :lol

Less than one row to go and then I can edge it!!!! The cats are almost done.:cheer:cheer:cheer

:cheer:yay:cheer You can do it!

When I make something 'boring' I try to say I'll do that for a predetermined length of time and then reward myself with something more fun to work on :think Sometimes it works and other times not so much :lol

I'm going to have to try that with the granny stripe. Like if I work on it for two hours, I can read for two hours. Hmm...

That's a really good idea. I find almost all afghans boring after a while. (which probably explains why that 63 squares afghan is taking me so long!)

Cheering you on to the finish, Bailey!!!!

Marisa- WTG on almost finishing!!! Great idea to reward yourself when working on something "boring". I was getting tired with the RR, so made my NY Giants scarf. Want to finish the RR, though since it is so close to the 'finish' line!!!

Nicole- I like your idea- work on the granny for x amount of time and then read for x amount of time

I worked on weaving ends on the granny square afghan. A friend made it and I am putting it together for her. Each square in 3 rounds and each round is a different color. Since I have all the yarn that was left over I might redo some of the squares.

I was surprised at how fast it goes when I a watching t.v......:clap

I finished up my last square last night and started joining :clap So I'm feeling like it's a bit small and am wondering if I NEED to make it bigger. It is at about 31"x40" before the border, what do you all think?

Yay!!!!! Good for you!

I finished this one yesterday and started another one for her brother (different colors...lol). It's hard to tell from the picture but the cross is sparkly. Please excuse the mess of my daughter's bedroom.

post-21933-135897733407_thumb.jpg

I finished this one yesterday and started another one for her brother (different colors...lol). It's hard to tell from the picture but the cross is sparkly. Please excuse the mess of my daughter's bedroom.

[ATTACH]51321[/ATTACH]

That's really wonderful!

[ATTACH]51321[/ATTACH]

Very nice. Good work.

I finished weaving in the ends on all the squares:clap! After doing some running errands today I will look at each square and decide if I want to redo it. Some of the squares she had tied knots and then cut the yarn!:eek Since I have all the original yarn I will be able to redo some if needed. Part of me does not want to bother but the Virgo/sometimes perfectionist just HAS TO make it right.

[ATTACH]51321[/ATTACH]

I finished weaving in the ends on all the squares:clap! After doing some running errands today I will look at each square and decide if I want to redo it. Some of the squares she had tied knots and then cut the yarn!:eek Since I have all the original yarn I will be able to redo some if needed. Part of me does not want to bother but the Virgo/sometimes perfectionist just HAS TO make it right.

Yay!!!!

Still plugging along on my Cathedral afghan. I think the kit was short a skein or two, so called up Mary Maxim and they are going to send me out a skein.

I owe a pic of it...hope everyone is having a good day so far.

[ATTACH]51321[/ATTACH]

That is beautiful! Did you design that yourself? I bet your daughter loves it :)

Still plugging along on my Cathedral afghan. I think the kit was short a skein or two, so called up Mary Maxim and they are going to send me out a skein.

I owe a pic of it...hope everyone is having a good day so far.

That is great that they are sending you out another skein. I was thinking of ordering a kit from them when tax money comes, but I am kind of nervous about not having enough yarn. I can't wait to see your finished 'ghan. ;)

That is beautiful! Did you design that yourself? I bet your daughter loves it :)

That is great that they are sending you out another skein. I was thinking of ordering a kit from them when tax money comes, but I am kind of nervous about not having enough yarn. I can't wait to see your finished 'ghan. ;)

I've ordered other kits for other things and have never had a problem like this before. What is nice about Mary Maxim is that if you do run out of a color, just call them up and explain the situation and they will send you out what you need.

I've ordered other kits for other things and have never had a problem like this before. What is nice about Mary Maxim is that if you do run out of a color, just call them up and explain the situation and they will send you out what you need.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I think I will order that kit when I can afford it :)

Archived