2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Finished another "Ugly but Warm" cap today. Well I may add a pom pom to it later. Used three colors in it. The brown I was finally able to roll in a ball. :jumpyay that's a +1 for me so far this week. The other two colors (green & gold) I counted as rolling into a ball a week or two ago. I still have enough of the green and gold left to not consider the ball/skein completely gone. That is one reason I think I will make a pom pom for the cap. That should use up the last of the green but will still have gold and brown left. Oh well, I least I am plugging away.:shrug

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up 2 more skeins of Peaches & cream on a Christmas gift I'm working on, which put my score at +2.........

Until I went to HL and bought 17 skeins :eek for other gifts that I'm working on! With the 17 skeins, my score now stands at -32! :eek:devil Guess I'd better get my hooks smokin' tomorrow if I want to make a dent in that score! :blush

hooks are HOT :lol

Used up 2 more skeins on hats for the mission. Then finished up another ball on another hat! so +3 for a wtd: +5:cheer:cheer edit..I cannot add.. 2 skeins plus a ball IS +5 so I'm at wtd +7!!

Boy that makes at least 2 more skeins I can buy when I hit the Joanns by my daughters house..and then we HAVE to go see the new Hobby Lobby :rofl

It was bad.. HL, Joanns and Walmart... HL coughed up 24, Joanns coughed up 2 (but a much better selection than at my local J) Walmart was just one to finish a stashbuster tote. So 27 gives me a -54..but with my +7 puts me at -47..and I have some hooking to do tonight! :lol:lol

oh dear.... friend's wife destashed my way. I'm going to end up with 33 skeins this week and that's after figuring out what I'm going to give away at yarn group tomorrow and what my daughter wanted to start her mini stash.

OH THANK YOU!!! :hug:hug :hook:hook:hook

ok...what is an "Ugly, but Warm" hat????:shrug

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=dot+matthews :hook

Not much crocheting, trying to get two baby gifts done, but having a bear of a time with the yarn. I was frogging so much that it knotted and I ended up cutting it and starting over with a bigger hook and a different pattern. Hopefully, that will help. Anyway...

For week ending Dec. 17, 2011:

WTD: 0 / YTD: -44

Been working my fingers to the bone to get my score down as much as possible. Gave another skein away, have finished some hats and working on a scarf. Gonna be feeding left overs into my scrap-ghan tonight and whipping out some slippers and more scarves - I have GOT to get this score down! Of course, it helps that I'm prepping for a craft show in 6 days too...

won't be posting my score until later!

Still adding instead of using!!! Maybe I should get it out of my system before the new year starts! :lol

WTD -14

YTD -472

Used up 4 more skeins of Peaches & Cream today! :cheer Brings my total back down to a mere -24 right now! Have one more project to work on before calling it a night so I'll do a final update then!

ETA: Final Score for this week: WTD -24 / YTD -40

Current WTD = +10

Used 5 more balls of yarn and turned 2 skeins to balls: +7

Final Count this week:

WTD: +17 YTD: -115

Lots of fun making and finishing Christmas presents :hook

FrLopLady: thanks for the link to "Ugly, but warm hat". Looks like fun. I've been making hats, scarves, slippers....I'll have to try that one :)

I tried to get it down... I really did *sigh*

If I am shoot the moon (and I probably am LOL) I may be a lil late posting the score next Sunday because I'll be out of town for Christmas. Probably won't post until Monday (if that's ok)

WTD -52/YTD -157

wtd -49

dagnabit I was close to you! I was so ready to grab my scrap ghan and feed it some balls of yarn but I thought you were way to far below me to catch up so I just went to bed instead HA HA HA HA HA

yay for more yarn!:cheer:cheer

As long as scores aren't posted yet, I am updating mine.

Wtd=-12 YTD=-23

Went shopping with my Christmas bonus and bought 8 skeins so that I can make myself a sweater. Now I know I won't be able to get in the positives by the end of the year. But that's ok. I'll start with a Zero for the new year.

:manyheart

Okay, I am here in Crochetville now. I am getting ready to work on the scores for this week and will post them in a little bit. I told my hubby I will be tied up on the computer for a while so he doesn't start giving me a hard time about being on the computer for a long time. Especially when he wants on.

Archived