2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished another skein, but bought 2 more so I'm back at 0. :lol

I've been out of the loop (so to say) for over a month. Not sure if I should finish out this CAL or just start fresh next year. A few skeins have been used making scarves. But not sure exactly how many. Oh, why does life have to interfere with crochet time? It just doesn't seem fair.

:hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

Oh I was a bad girl.:devil Yesterday FedEx delivered my latest order from Joann.com. 15 skeins of yarn. Caron One Pounders to be exact.:whew That means at the end of this week I get to add a big fat -30 to my score.:faint I am so glad our counts at the first of the year will be 0 (zero).:jumpyay:woo My name is Kathy/tnkycrochetnut and I am addicted to buying yarn.:shrug

In case you haven't seen it, I've opened the new thread for Stashbusting CAL 2012. Sign up if you haven't done so. Hope to see everyone there, ready to bust stash in 2012.

:manyheart

Just sent 8 skeins off in the mail. +16 for me! :lol

Smart aleck. Sometime after the first of the year when I can get to most of my yarn stash boxes I plan on weeding some out. There is a women's prison ministry here that teaches the inmates how to crochet. They in turn donate the handmade items to charities. I have donated yarn to it in the past.

used up another skein of yarn yesterday so adding another +2 for a total so far this week of +4. Now that I am done with English class so the only thing to study for is for my Political Science final not fearing it because he has made it rather easy. So lots of crocheting and rearranging the new trailer we moved into 2 months ago. So that means on Wednesday going to play Euchre love playing that game might try some pincole not sure how to spell it or play it.

I was so happy to use up my skein today at my knitting/crochet group, and then my friend gave me two skeins that she didn't want any longer. There goes my score, and I didn't even try.

:manyheart

I haven't posted yet this week, but I've bene busy crocheting. I've used up 2 white, 1 dk green, & 1 red, & 1 lime green skein of Peaches & Cream! :yay That puts me at +10 so far for the week! I've got some more crocheting to do between today & tomorrow night using Peaches & Cream so maybe I'll be able to use up a couple more before it's over!

I love your stash busting afghan, Mary/FrLopLady. It is gorgeous and I love the arrangement of the colors.

It's early, early Saturday morning but I guess I better post my scores now. While I have been crocheting this week I have not used up enough yarn to add to my score. So here is my score for the week. Plus I received a shipment of 15 new skeins of yarn this week. 15 Caron One Pounders.

WTD: -29 YTD: -46

I just corrected my posting of my score. I got my score from last week mixed up. Correct me if I have figured this wrong. Last week by WTD was +1 but since I added 15(-30) new skeins to my stash this week that should change this WTD score to a -29. The +1 from last week added to the -30 from this week. Then my YTD score from last week was -16. When I add the 15(-30) skeins I received this week that makes my new YTD score -46. If I have got this wrong someone please correct me. And explain it to me.

Love the scrapghan :rabbit!!

Used another skein finishing up an afghan. Posting my scores now since I've been working late all week. Plus I have my biology final Monday so the next few nights will be dedicated to studying.

WTD: +20, YTD: -137

I went to Michaels last Sat. Got pins, plastic rings and a small skein green (-2) for more wreath pins. I rolled the skein down (+1) :cheer. On Wed., a manager at work was cleaning out a cabinet and was throwing away a :yarn of cotton string (looked new, a little dusty). I took it (-2) and he said "What do you want that for?", the other manager said she'll probably :crocheting something with it :lol. Well, I took it and :crocheting a pot holder (+2) :lol. They didn't believe it when I showed them. The negative score was worth it :D.

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 179

Ellie 13

I don't expect to get a whole of crocheting done today, busy finishing my granddaughter's Christmas dress and then plan to wrap gifts. So I'll go ahead and post my score now.

wtd +3, ytd +80

Archived