2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Used up 1 more skein last night on the ride home from visiting my parents. My score is officially back to 0!! :cheer But, I woke up this morning :eek after dreaming that I was given a HUGE box of yarn & forgetting to post it in my score! :lol Too bad it wasn't real! :devil My stash is starting to get a bit low & could use a boost, even if my score doesn't need it! :hook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jana and I are planning our shopping trip on Monday. We leave 2011 Stashbusting with a BANG! :lol

Linda I have 3 going lol. 2 use thee big granny square pattern, and I have a ripple made by Dot Matthews here on the 'ville http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107853

OH! I love that one!

Linda, I did a Kittens in a Row scrapghan that I really liked how it came out. :)

:turtle:vheart

Jana and I are planning our shopping trip on Monday. We leave 2011 Stashbusting with a BANG! :lol

OH! I love that one!

Linda, I did a Kittens in a Row scrapghan that I really liked how it came out. :)

I kinda did that last week at the new Hobby Lobby in W Washington.. have a great time!!:cheer:cheer :lol

made a felted hat.. used up a skein! so +4 this week so far

ooo on a ROLL!!

Made a cowl that took a whole skein of homespun..wasn't even actually finished but enough to not have to buy another skein.

Then I made this fun bling hat.. took up a skein for that.

woohoo! +8

post-35596-135897720645_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897720648_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897720652_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897720655_thumb.jpg

Well, here it is Friday and I have been crocheting this week. But just not enough done to use enough yarn to count. I am working on a chemo cap using a pattern by CrochetSpot/Rachel. Its a "slouchy beanie." Its an easy pattern. I wear mine with the "slouchy" part lying across my neck. It keeps my neck warm. So my score for the week ending 12/25/2011 is

WTD: 0 YTD: -45

I guess I will keep plugging away.:shrug Since this weekend is Christmas and my hubby and I are working on the Cuban Christmas dinner we share with friends, I don't expect to get much crocheting done until after Christmas. Wishing everyone a :sheepxmasFleece Navidad.

With the Christmas Holiday falling on Sunday, scores may be delayed. Post as normal on Saturday night. If they haven't been done by the time I get back from the gym on Monday, I will do the scorekeeping.

Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

It's been a wonderful year at the Stashbusting Cal. Merry Christmas to all.

:manyheart

I've been crocheting again. Trying to get an afghan finished for Christmas for a co-worker. I should finish off 2 (yes 2) Pounders tonight!! That's got to be worth a +10 at least right? :lol

I've been crocheting again. Trying to get an afghan finished for Christmas for a co-worker. I should finish off 2 (yes 2) Pounders tonight!! That's got to be worth a +10 at least right? :lol

Maybe more! I can just see the blur of your hook flying through the yarn!

Finally a minute to catch my breath. About done for the day, thank goodness.

Linda - I will be back on Monday and can post the scores Monday night. I can try to do them Sunday but I'm not sure I'll have internet availability (did I mention I'm from Indiana.... in the country.... in between fields and woods... LOL)

well I used up another skein today on a Christmas afghan that won't be done for Christmas :lol But my friend drug me to Portland today (did I mention I was driving :rofl) and we went to Ikea...that wasn't so bad, but THEN she drug me (did I mention I was driving :rofl) to Fabric Depot. I usually just look at the yarn there because their prices are a bit steep..but 20% off everything in the store including the yarn..and they had some stuff I don't get here locally...ugh... I don't know my damages yet from that. Got home at 11:55 and still had to feed and water rabbits..and count new baby bunnies born today!

Finished off the 2 Pounders! :cheer +4 (really, that's all...sigh).

well I used up another skein today on a Christmas afghan that won't be done for Christmas :lol But my friend drug me to Portland today (did I mention I was driving :rofl) and we went to Ikea...that wasn't so bad, but THEN she drug me (did I mention I was driving :rofl) to Fabric Depot. I usually just look at the yarn there because their prices are a bit steep..but 20% off everything in the store including the yarn..and they had some stuff I don't get here locally...ugh... I don't know my damages yet from that. Got home at 11:55 and still had to feed and water rabbits..and count new baby bunnies born today!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I want a baby bunny. We need pics. :D

Posting early. Sick with a cold all week. Really cut down on Holiday prep like baking cookies and stuff like that. Just can't do much, coughing my head off.

WTD=+10 YTD=-11:manyheart

Putting in my totals now, as (for obvious reasons) I'm going to be busy tomorrow! We have company coming for Christmas dinner - 4 friends who had nowhere to go this year. We're looking forward to spending the holidays with them.

Anyway, I'm still slogging along with the shawlette (it's for my boss, who's been laid off), so I didn't use up a skein yet, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -31

:manyheart

Not too shappy. Made some towel toppers, hats, and a scarf. I would have had a lot more but I have several tiny lil balls left over LOL didn't use them all fully. The scrapghan will be happy with the snack next week :)

WTD +8/YTD -149

I used up 1 more skein and rolled another into a ball so my official score for this week will be a +3!! :cheer

WTD +3 / YTD - 13

I doubt I'll get anything else made this the rest of today will be taken up with housecleaning & cooking/baking!

Well, today is my birthday and my sister-in-law and nephew gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby for my birthday and a gift card to Walmart for Christmas. I have now added 24 skeins of yarn to my stash bringing my total this week to

WTD = -48 YTD = -324

I may be shooting the moon this week, but oh was it ever worth it!!! :lol

Archived