2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this CAL to continue into 2012?

I really need to become a part of this CAL as I have waaaayyyyyy tooo much yarn and it just keeps growing.

:thinkJust what is going on in those yarn tubs??:think

Cheryl

Yes, it will continue. It's called the 2012 Stashbusting CAL. Check it out and sign up. I will be happy to put you on the list. And we all get to start with ZEROS in the new year.

:manyheart

Some of you people buy a lot of yarn. :D

Yes, we do. And we love every wonderful skein that comes into our houses.

:manyheart

hey I resemble that yarn geek remark..

:sofunnyYes, you do, don't you? ;)

Alas, my stash is dwindling. Maybe that's why she was so surprised! Guess that means I need to do some :yarn:shop in the near future! :hook:devil

awww that's just tooo bad. Might as well get it in this month rather than next :rofl

reminds me... I have that 20% off Joann's coupon...

Speaking of Joann's - did all of you know that they send out text message coupons too? They don't advertise it ANYWHERE - I had to call and get the number. Hobby Lobby only likes smart phones... but I blue-toothed the image of the coupon to myself and they took it muwahahahahahahahaha

*coughs*

yes, what a shame... more yarn. Whatever shall I do HA HA HA HA :rofl

I picked up a couple of skeins at Walmart today, I won't be going to walmart for a couple of weeks which would be a good thing except a friend gave me gift card for Joanns today and I have coupons. :clap

Thanks for your explanation and correction, Yarn Geek. After reading your explanation and thinking it over I suddenly had a very big "Dhuh" moment. Why didn't I think what WTD meant. The first two weeks I posted it correctly - only counting what I used or did that week and not carry over from the previous week. I guess that is what comes when you are posting your score at or around 2:00 a.m.. I woke up and could not go back to sleep so I got up. Sheesh, I am pretty sure I was sipping on coffee:ccompute when I did that. I guess the caffeine had not kicked in yet at that time. Speaking of coffee, I need to go get some right now. Plus my crochet is calling my name.

Oh, if I understand this correct since I am the "Shoot the Moon" winner this week :woo that means I am the scorekeeper for next Sunday December 18th. Congratulations to all of the winners.:woo:jumpyay

No Problem! :tup

You'd think, with it being my daughter, she wouldn't be surprised, but I think Yarn Geek sent her over the edge! :lol:hook

:rofl

woohoo! finished another ball on a shell crochet beanie I started on to help someone else with the pattern. Decided I liked it and kept going.:lol

wtd: +2!

hooks are HOT :lol

Used up 2 more skeins on hats for the mission. Then finished up another ball on another hat! so +3 for a wtd: +5:cheer:cheer edit..I cannot add.. 2 skeins plus a ball IS +5 so I'm at wtd +7!!

Boy that makes at least 2 more skeins I can buy when I hit the Joanns by my daughters house..and then we HAVE to go see the new Hobby Lobby :rofl

OK - just when I thought I was doing well this week.... I just HAD to swing by HL and look for a particular color of cotton :yarn that I've been looking for. Well, I walked out with 6 skeins. :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn I also used up one more skein of Peaches & Cream :crocheting today so my +6 for the week just turned into a -6. :devil I'd better get my hooks flying if I want to at least get back to zero!

oh dear.... friend's wife destashed my way. I'm going to end up with 33 skeins this week and that's after figuring out what I'm going to give away at yarn group tomorrow and what my daughter wanted to start her mini stash.

Finished a scarf today. Started a new "Dot Matthews Ugly but Warm" cap. But have not used up enough yarn for either one to count. So far this week my WTD count is a big fat zero (0).:shrug

Finished a scarf today. Started a new "Dot Matthews Ugly but Warm" cap. But have not used up enough yarn for either one to count. So far this week my WTD count is a big fat zero (0).:shrug

I LOVE making those hats! be careful though as they can be addicting! gave away one tonight to a friend who has a co-worker in cancer treatment and needed some hats! :clap

I LOVE making those hats! be careful though as they can be addicting! gave away one tonight to a friend who has a co-worker in cancer treatment and needed some hats! :clap

I think I am already addicted:shrug to making these caps as I am on my 8th one. I am having fun going through my stash of :yarn and picking colors to mix together.:hearts

I've made 2 hats and 1 scarf this week, and worked on afghan squares besides....already finished up 2 skeins and 4 balls of yarn this week.

They just told me today that we are going to do a Christmas gift trade at work on Friday. Now I'm trying to bust out another hat and scarf combo.

I'm currently at +10 for this week. :clap

My girlfriend let me know today she has another box of leftover yarn balls for me...I may or may not inherit these before year end :lol

I used up 3 balls of green on wreath pins and finishing a Christmas stocking (+3) :cheer. I searched through all my bins and got all the green :yarn I could find. 4 small balls and a partial skein. I hope to use most of it before Sat.

WTD: +3 YTD: + 182

Ellie 13

Gave away 5 skeins to my daughter today! That gets my score back down to a -2! I've been crocheting away but haven't managed to finish anything off yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Archived