2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone...happy crocheting!

I have been working on Christmas presents, Christmas ornaments, and my ripply scrapghan. Used a lot of yarn this week....but not nearly as much as I gained last week from mom. I did make a yarn related purchase this week, but it was a knitting book....not actual yarn :D

Used 2 skeins, 8 balls, and rolled one skein into a ball.

WTD +13 YTD -132

I will post the scores after I get awake and functional tomorrow.

I took this pic of ripply scrapghan and liked it so much I'm using it for a profile pic. This is using up a lot of extra balls of yarn.

post-52109-135897717167_thumb.jpg

WTD: -29 YTD: -46

I just corrected my posting of my score. I got my score from last week mixed up. Correct me if I have figured this wrong. Last week by WTD was +1 but since I added 15(-30) new skeins to my stash this week that should change this WTD score to a -29. The +1 from last week added to the -30 from this week. Then my YTD score from last week was -16. When I add the 15(-30) skeins I received this week that makes my new YTD score -46. If I have got this wrong someone please correct me. And explain it to me.

Your YTD score is correct, but your WTD score is a little off. If you've added 15 skeins to your stash this week, but haven't removed/used any, you're score would be -30.

Look at it this way; your YTD score/total is your cummulative score. Think of it as an account: it only changes when you add more to it or take from it. For the sake of this explaination, we're only going to adjust this score at the end of the week.

Your WTD total is strictly a tally of your deposits and withdrawals for the period of one week.

On Sunday- or after you post your score (whenever you officially start your week)- you start with zero. As the week progresses, keep track of any new yarn you've taken in and any yarn you use/get rid of. When Saturday rolls around, you're going to tally up your week's activity. After you've done this, you need to do a little bookkeeping and adjust your YTD account (it looks like you've got that part down). Once the math is done and the scores are posted, you get to start a brand new weekly tally.

Basically, you get to start over every week! Hope this helps.:)

Hi everyone...happy crocheting!

I will post the scores after I get awake and functional tomorrow.

I took this pic of ripply scrapghan and liked it so much I'm using it for a profile pic. This is using up a lot of extra balls of yarn.

I love scrapghans, and that one is beautiful! :yay

I'm glad you're not "awake and functional" yet, because I finished off another skein in the wee hours. I'm back in the double-digits (positive!) for YTD.

WTD +4

YTD +10

Even tho I've offially bowed out of the 2011 SB CAL, I'm still lurking. Shannon, your scrap ripple is awesome! Do you make sure you have enough color for a full row, or do you just start and stop where you run out of color?

Everyone is doing great with their scores. Keep it up girls! You can do it!

(btw - hubby and I walked by Michaels last night and the yarn magnet didn't drag me in. Must be because he was with me instead of Sue :turtle:rofl)

Even tho I've offially bowed out of the 2011 SB CAL, I'm still lurking. Shannon, your scrap ripple is awesome! Do you make sure you have enough color for a full row, or do you just start and stop where you run out of color?

I am keeping each row the same general color. So I make sure I have enough colors to do a row...but not necessarily the same yarn. if I run out of what I'm using, I will finish the row with the same general color.

It is using all types of yarn up. Bulky yarns, and then various combinations of other yarns combined to make the same basic thickness. I seem to have an endless collection of yarn balls, plus I have a friend who doesn't like to keep her balls, so she donates them to me. I am definitely a "Molly Weasley" person myself. Most of the things I've crocheted for myself are made of "scraps"....I just like multicolored chaos

It is the first time I've made a ripply scrapghan and I love the way it is turning out :D

Working on the scores...should be posted in about 1/2 hour!

Progress :hook

WTD +9 YTD +357

This is great for fun and excitement....not so good for stashbusting :lol

see--my brain is fried.....I thought you were saying "progress" to a ~~~ negative 9~~~

I do like this kind of progress and wish marymaxim.com would stop sending me those free shipping emails...cause "resistance is futile".

Week to Date Scores

ending Dec 10

Turtlelvr: +20 Gold Medal Winner! wtg :turtle! 2nd week in a row!!!

pineknott: +16 Silver Medal Winner!

shannart: +13 Bronze Medal Winner!

Using Up Yarn:

sahm2g1b +10

dragonpuck +9

FrLopLady +6

fc1123 +4

greyhound grandma +4

MouseCLP +4

cshort +3

cris +1

Staying Steady:

PBLKNP

yarn geek

New Yarn to play in:

Ellie 13 -1

CLLinda -8

BigPinkPolkaDot -19

Braxxi -19

And this week's winner of Shoot the Moon is tnkycrochetnut with a score of-30!!

Congrats to the winner and losers...if you can figure out which one you are :rofl and to our new score keeper for next week!

I am definitely suffering from brain-fry this morning. So if I missed you or messed up, just let me know and I'll fix it

WOO HOO! Gold again! :lol Next week will be another story. I'm expecting a swap package and I have a feeling it will put me in the negatives! :lol

(btw - hubby and I walked by Michaels last night and the yarn magnet didn't drag me in. Must be because he was with me instead of Sue :turtle:rofl)

Hey now! I don't drag you in...I just load up your cart. :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Don't you just hate when you buy yarn with a project in mind. Then months later you come across the box and don't have a clue what that project was! Oh well, at least it was on sale (I think)!

I WILL do better next year.

I may not have been posting recently (past several months) but I'm still around. even though I haven't made any progress on the crocheting front.

Getting ready to start in on next year's stashbusting fun. Hopefully I can split some down time between the stashbusting and the book I'm writing. Maybe I can really make progress on both for the next year.

Thanks for your explanation and correction, Yarn Geek. After reading your explanation and thinking it over I suddenly had a very big "Dhuh" moment. Why didn't I think what WTD meant. The first two weeks I posted it correctly - only counting what I used or did that week and not carry over from the previous week. I guess that is what comes when you are posting your score at or around 2:00 a.m.. I woke up and could not go back to sleep so I got up. Sheesh, I am pretty sure I was sipping on coffee:ccompute when I did that. I guess the caffeine had not kicked in yet at that time. Speaking of coffee, I need to go get some right now. Plus my crochet is calling my name.

Oh, if I understand this correct since I am the "Shoot the Moon" winner this week :woo that means I am the scorekeeper for next Sunday December 18th. Congratulations to all of the winners.:woo:jumpyay

This week isn't going to bode well for me.... I am in the positive right now BUT I got word from a friend his wife is destashing and I am one of the proud recipients of the yarn.

Oh dear!

No clue what I'm getting or how much - I should find out tomorrow.

This week isn't going to bode well for me.... I am in the positive right now BUT I got word from a friend his wife is destashing and I am one of the proud recipients of the yarn.

Oh dear!

No clue what I'm getting or how much - I should find out tomorrow.

awww that's just tooo bad. Might as well get it in this month rather than next :rofl

reminds me... I have that 20% off Joann's coupon...

Is this CAL to continue into 2012?

I really need to become a part of this CAL as I have waaaayyyyyy tooo much yarn and it just keeps growing.

:thinkJust what is going on in those yarn tubs??:think

Cheryl

Archived