2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busy with my vacation and holiday last week and this one, I totally forgot to post last week. So my accumulated totals from last week and this one:

Used: 1 Skein, 2 Balls, and rolled 1 skein into a ball: +5

Almost all of this was cotton yarn as I was making and giving dish/washcloths away as fast as I could while I was with the folks over Thanksgiving.

New Yarn: 23 Balls and 18 Skeins of yarn from my mom's supply: -59 :hook

She has 2 Big Rubbermaid tubs of yarn which she can no longer use due to shoulder and arm issues. So I get to inherit it. I shoved as much as I could into the nooks and crannies of my 2 suitcases and my carryon before flying home :devil

New Totals:

WTD -54 YTD -145

I'm flying somewhere over the moon :yay:laughroll

Well, I'm stuck at +4 for the week. I haven't had a lot of time to get much :crocheting done this week. But, at least I'm not in the negative this time!

WTD +4

My daughter and a friend and I went garage sale shopping today. I only made 2 purchases, a Mr. Potato head set and a bag with 1 full skein and 19 partial skeins of yarn, 7 hooks, a pair of scissors and 2 books all for $5.00. Great buy but not so great for my score.

wtd -23, ytd +56

Awesome buy!!! :cheer

Week to Date Scores

ending Dec 3

Turtlelvr: +16 Gold Medal Winner! wtg :turtle!

lhasaapsolady +12 Silver Medal Winner!

frloplady +5 Bronze Medal Winner!

Using Up Yarn:

sahm2g1b +4

pineknott +4

fc1123 +4

dragonpuck +3

Ellie 13 +3

PBLKNP +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

CCLinda +1

tnkycorchetnut +1

Staying Steady:

Crafty Witch

kraftyncrazy

New Yarn to play in:

cshort -23

cris -18

MouseCLP -14

greyhoundmomma -10

braxxi -5

yarn_geek -2

And this week's winner of Shoot the Moon is Shannart with a score of -54 !

Congrats to the winner and losers...if you can figure out which one you are :rofl and to our new score keeper for next week!

Didn't accomplish much this week. I'm putting a border on an afghan and have had to frog it at least three times.:bang

These things happen. I know I usually frog it a couple times before I get just the right border on an afghan or prayer shawl. And you do feel like banging your head on a brickwall.:hug

Good Job on the scorekeeping, FrLopLady.

And I will be starting a new thread for Stashbusting 2012. I'll probably do that in the next couple of days. Be sure to sign up if you want to participate. The First postings of January 2012 will be on on January 8th, for the week ending January 7th.

Hope to see everyone back, plus some new people! Tell your friends.....

:manyheart

These things happen. I know I usually frog it a couple times before I get just the right border on an afghan or prayer shawl. And you do feel like banging your head on a brickwall.:hug

Good Job on the scorekeeping, FrLopLady.

And I will be starting a new thread for Stashbusting 2012. I'll probably do that in the next couple of days. Be sure to sign up if you want to participate. The First postings of January 2012 will be on on January 8th, for the week ending January 7th.

Hope to see everyone back, plus some new people! Tell your friends.....

We get to start the new year fresh with zeros, right??? :lol

I gave away 1 full skein and 1 partial skein at the small group at church where I'm teaching some youth and youth leaders to crochet. So I am starting the week with +3.:clap Wonder if I'll stay in the positive this week.:think

Jana and I are planning a shopping day on Dec. 26th...so that will blow this year's scores, but next year we start fresh! :lol

:turtle:vheart

You are so right! Enjoy the shopping trip!

The new Stashbusting 2012 thread is up and running! Sign up for stashbusting for the new year. I will start a page with all the names on it when I see some people sign up.

Used a skein on the EdgeryDoo afghan I'm making. :)

You are so right! Enjoy the shopping trip!

We always do! Doing the trifecta of craft stores the day after Christmas...let's just say other shoppers better be warned! :lol

The new Stashbusting 2012 thread is up and running! Sign up for stashbusting for the new year. I will start a page with all the names on it when I see some people sign up.

I'm signed up! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Finished up a pounder!

That's a lot of yarn to go through. Congratulations on finishing one!

I've been out of the loop (so to say) for over a month. Not sure if I should finish out this CAL or just start fresh next year. A few skeins have been used making scarves. But not sure exactly how many. Oh, why does life have to interfere with crochet time? It just doesn't seem fair.

Archived