2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I just got an email from JoAnn--today only there's free shipping with no minimum order (PGR321).

Thanks for the info. I shouldn't buy anything, but with free shipping......

:manyheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bragger.... :lol I hope to finish an afghan and get some balls wound in the next day or so.

I needed to get that yarn I bought her out of my house before I claimed it as my own! :lol

:turtle:vheart

I didn't have to use a coupon to get more yarn. Someone donated a whole bunch to our knitting/crochet group. I brought a whole bag full. Have to count it to see how damaged my score will be.

Counted up the yarn bag. 13 skeins!:eek:eek:eek

I used up one point of yarn, so right now, I'm at a -25! Yikes! There goes my score for YTD too!

Weeeellll... 19 :rofl so that is -38...BUT I used up 3 balls for an ugly hat tonight. Now going to work on an afghan that is ALMOST finished..maybe I can knock a few more off off that...

So far this week then -35

:D

Gooooo :rabbit beat that :turtle.... :think:shrug...she/he who ends up with the most skeins loses..but what a way to go :lol

The good news is, I used a skein and rolled another into a ball, for +3. The BETTER news is my daughter gifted me a beautiful skein of a laceweight angora and silk yarn.

WTD +1

YTD +28

Counted up the yarn bag. 13 skeins!:eek:eek:eek

I used up one point of yarn, so right now, I'm at a -25! Yikes! There goes my score for YTD too!

Weeeellll... 19 :rofl so that is -38...BUT I used up 3 balls for an ugly hat tonight. Now going to work on an afghan that is ALMOST finished..maybe I can knock a few more off off that...

So far this week then -35

:D

Gooooo :rabbit beat that :turtle.... :think:shrug...she/he who ends up with the most skeins loses..but what a way to go :lol

And I was worried about my -13 this week:lol

I thought that's what we were racing for. Who ever has the most yarn, not who uses most. :rofl

:turtle:rabbit

:turtle:vheart

I too am working on two different projects using pounders. Used two balls this week, but bought two skeins of cotton.

WTD -2 / YTD -553

I thought I would be able to get back below -500 by the end of the year, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen!

Well, it's official. My score for my very first week is -20. Even though I finished making a child's cap yesterday. I was using a full skein of RHSS which is 7 ounces and did not use enough of the skein to even roll it into a ball.

My arm/hand is wrapped. I tried putting some pieces of a silky cloth tape on my little finger and my index finger to see if the yarn would slide more easily over these two fingers so I could crochet. Its working, I can crochet only its more slow than normal.

If each of us took our huge stash of yarn and made a big pile of yarn and then dove into that pile. Would that be considered "skein-ny dipping?" :rofl :rofl

SCORE WTD -20 YTD -20

Well, I really did it this week. I had to take my son to go give blood this morning, and right down the plaza from the blood bank is Hobby Lobby. So I had to walk down and get some more yarn. Picked up some for making the fingerless gloves for my neices, and then another one for my friend to make her a pair, so 3 more skeins are added this week. Yikes!

WTD=-31 YTD=-16

I used up 3 balls and gifted 1 skein (+5) :cheer. I have a lot of balls of green, so I'll start wreath pins next week. I'm going to enter the Vanna White contest. I have some of her :yarn, but I'll have to get more next week. It's good that the skeins are small, they'll go quickly :lol.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 171

Ellie 13

:tdance Happy Thanks Giving :pilgrim:ttalk

I started a scrap granny square ghan. A friend needed some alpaca wound and had to find the yarn swift..found bags with little balls of yarn... YEAH!!

So I added 6 balls of yarn to the 'ghan! So I'm at -29

are we supposed to do ytd this week too?

Archived