2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

dagnabit I was close to you! I was so ready to grab my scrap ghan and feed it some balls of yarn but I thought you were way to far below me to catch up so I just went to bed instead HA HA HA HA HA

yay for more yarn!:cheer:cheer

But I would have then done the same thing too! :lol:lol I even have 3 scrap ghans I'm working on!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the scores for the week ending December 18, 2011:

Gold: Shannart WTD: +17 YTD: -115

Silver: pineknott WTD: +7 YTD :+253

Bronze: Ellie13 WTD: +5 YTD: +184

Using Up Yarn

greyhound grandma WTD: +1 YTD: -558

tnkycrochetnut WTD: +1 YTD: -45

Staying Steady

turtlelvr WTD: +0 YTD: -137

fc1123 WTD: +0 YTD: +3

PBLKNP WTD: +0 YTD: -31

Big Pink Polka Dot WTD: +0 YTD: -44

New Yarn To Play In

sahm2g1b WTD: -24 YTD: -40

FrLop Lady WTD: -49

cshort WTD: -4 YTD: +76

yarn geek WTD: -38 YTD: -1152

CLLinda WTD: -12 YTD: -23

Braxxi WTD: -14 YTD: -472

Drum Roll, Please

Shoot The Moon Winner:

cris WTD: -52 YTD: -157

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

Congratulations to our winners - Shannart, pineknott, and Ellie13

Congratulations to everyone. Job well done this week.

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

:whewCut it close this time! I'm already starting this week off in the negative. I bought 4 skeins of yarn for a Christmas project so I'll just jump right in with a -8 Let's see if I can wind up in the positive before the week is out! I've still got a couple more gifts to finish, so my goal will be to wind up with at least Zero. I'd better get started!:crocheting

Ah - I went all year and didn't shoot the moon *laughs* Oh well!

Next week the scores will be late (considering Christmas is Sunday and I will 1) be spending time with family and 2) be out of state. I'll try to log onto my mother's computer to do the score, but if I don't - don't think I'm shirkin' my duties!!!! I'll post them as soon as I can on Monday (that's when I'm coming back home)

I think I made my biggest yarn purchase of the year today, stocking up for 2012. I went to Joanns with gift cards and coupons, left with 16 skeins for an afghan and a shawl. So I'm starting the week with -32 :eek, I better get those hooks moving:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting.

I used up a whole skein and made a ball out of the other one that I had with. Babysat tonight and the child went to bed at 8. Three hours to crochet and knit! Very nice!

:manyheart

I think I made my biggest yarn purchase of the year today, stocking up for 2012. I went to Joanns with gift cards and coupons, left with 16 skeins for an afghan and a shawl. So I'm starting the week with -32 :eek, I better get those hooks moving:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting.

:cheer:cheer:cheer New yarn is always so much fun!! happy :hook:crocheting

I've used up 2 balls so far this week making hats.

I improved my score some today. I finally finished off the 2 large skeins I was making special olympic scarves with, +4. I also finished off 6 balls and used to partial skeins +8. So now I'm only at a -20.

Still sick. Still no crocheting. Still a zero. :(

:turtle:vheart

Sorry that you're not feeling well. Rest and feel better.

OK, I've managed to use up 5 skeins so far this week but I had to pick up 2 more to finish a Christmas present. I wish I could post pics of my finished projects here, but since my daughters are members, I'll have to wait till after Christmas. So, my score for the week has gone from -8 +10 (5 finished skeins) - 4 (bought 2) = -2 for now!

It's me again. I stopped at Michaels today and left there with 3 more skeins of yarn, needed a different shade of yellow for the afghan I want to start. So now my score is -26, I'm beginning to feel like a yo-yo. The positive part of the trip was that I found out Michaels now offers a 15% discount to teachers, just had to show my school ID.

Turtlelvr, I hope you're feeling better.

made 2 more divine hats (pics in accessories) so 2 balls made from that. Now trying to figure out what to do with those balls.

Actually thought of making a scarf and do lengthwise and a stripe of each ball until it's gone?

Feeling better, not 100% yet, but actually crocheted yesterday. Didn't use anything up. It's a start.

aw :turtle...sorry you are not feeling well.

:hug from :rabbit

:turtle:hug:rabbit

Turtlelvr, I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks. :hug

:turtle:vheart

I'm thinking of making a scrap afghan to use up all the little balls that I have accumulated. Anyone have a great pattern to use?

Archived