2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Have a merry Christmas everyone :D

made my first "Ugly, but Warm Hat" this week...thanks for the link to that one.

This week I finished 2 1/2 hats this week, 2 dishcloths, a scarve, and worked on 3 different afghans I have going.

Used: 4 balls, 2 Skeins, and turned 2 Skeins into balls: +10

New Yarn: 2 skeins of chunky for a scarf, inherited 16 balls of "leftover yarn" from my girlfriend: -20

WTD -10 YTD -125

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, today is my birthday and my sister-in-law and nephew gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby for my birthday and a gift card to Walmart for Christmas. I have now added 24 skeins of yarn to my stash bringing my total this week to

WTD = -48 YTD = -324

I may be shooting the moon this week, but oh was it ever worth it!!! :lol

:bday

Not going to the gym this morning. Cold is really bad and may be going to the doctor instead. :sick:sneeze:sick

Posting scores now.

:manyheart:manyheart

Week to date scores

for Week ending

December 24th, 2011

Pineknott +11 Gold Medal Winner!

:cheer:clap:cheer

CLLinda +10 Silver Medal Winner! :cheer:clap:cheer

cris +8 Bronze Medal Winner! :cheer:clap:cheer

Using Up Yarn:

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

TurtleLvr +4

Ellie 13 +4

greyhoundgrandma +3

sahm2g1b +3

fc1123 +2

Remaining the same:

:cheer:cheer

PBLKNP 0

New yarn to play in:

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Shannart -10

yarn geel -16

FrLopLady -20

cshort -25

And this weeks winner of "Shoot The Moon" is Kraftynkrazy with a score of -48!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:yarn:yarn:yarn:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:manyheartSince next weekend is New Years and the end of the year for posting scores, I will be doing both the WTD and YTD scorekeeping for the week. Good luck, everyone.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I hope I haven't missed anyone. This cold has really got a hold of me and I can't always think straight. Any problems, please let me know.

:manyheart

Feel better real soon Linda! :hug

Turned a skein into a ball last night finishing the afghan I've been working on. +1...but heading out in a little while to meet Jana for some shopping! :)

:turtle:vheart

Not going to the gym this morning. Cold is really bad and may be going to the doctor instead. :sick:sneeze:sick

Posting scores now.

Hope you're feeling better soon.:hug

Posting scores now.

:hug Hope you feel better soon.

I'm starting this week out by using up yarn! :clap I used up a skein of I Love This Cotton! last night working on another project. I've got a few items that I need to get done today if at all possible, so I hope to use up some more yarn.

Posting scores now.

Linda, wrap yourself up in a nice warm blanket and grab a cup of something soothing. If you go to the doc's, hope he/she gives you something to make it all go away. :hug

Oh, I wasn't on the score list, but no biggie. I had a big 0 anyway.

It's just a bad time of year for colds and flu. I am just hanging around the house today and trying to rest. Hard to do with everyone here but I'm trying.

I think that we all should see just how much yarn we can accumulate the last week of the year! :rofl Have a "Race to the Moon!"

On my way! Lunch and shopping with Jana was a blast (or should that be a "blast off" :lol ). I was ashamed of her though. 4 skeins. Shesh. Me? 12 baby! Wasn't that impressed with the "sales". Went to HL first, then Joann's, then the 1st Michael's...then the 2nd. :) Didn't get a thing in Michael's at all. Both stores looked like tornadoes went through them.

On my way! Lunch and shopping with Jana was a blast (or should that be a "blast off" :lol ). I was ashamed of her though. 4 skeins. Shesh. Me? 12 baby! Wasn't that impressed with the "sales". Went to HL first, then Joann's, then the 1st Michael's...then the 2nd. :) Didn't get a thing in Michael's at all. Both stores looked like tornadoes went through them.

I know pricing differs in everyone's area, but what were the prices like at Michael's? my closest one is 30 minutes away & I'm trying to decide if it's going to be worth the trip. How about HL?

Awwwwwwwww I hope you get to feeling better. I was sitting here tallying the scores when I came across that you had already done them. I wasn't sure if you saw my note that I could do them today (since I was out of town until about an hour ago).

*HUGS*

I forgot to post...lol...too busy watching my kids play with their new toys. :D Seriously debating if I should go out and buy a bunch of yarn in the next week so it will count this year :devil... Was wondering if anyone else has a running total of their stashbusting for more than this year...I have my totals from 2009-2011 and was thinking of adding them up...lol.

I've been drinking tea, and eating oranges. I'm strangly feeling almost human again. I was just about to go to the doctor but didn't go. Glad I didn't waste the money. Now, more money for yarn!:hook

Glad you're feeling better, Linda.

I've got to run several errands today which will include a trip to Wal-Mart. I'm going to look at the yarn that's been marked down for a good while and see what's left.

I've got a bunch of cute dishcloth patterns that I hope to start trying out next week, so maybe I can start the year by using up some of my cotton stash.

Archived