2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope to do NOTHING!!!! except sit at home with my hubby and hook. Best way to spend a New Years Eve in my book!

ITA!! That's what I plan to do myself! If we're crocheting in the New Year, doesn't that mean we'll have lots of crochet time all year long? :devil

ITA!! That's what I plan to do myself! If we're crocheting in the New Year, doesn't that mean we'll have lots of crochet time all year long? :devil

I've heard that what you spend New Year's Day is what you'll be doing during the year. I'm planning to have the grandkids here New Year's eve and all New Year's day so I guess that means I'll get to spend lots of time with them in 2012.

I finished off a ball of yarn this morning so I think my score is now -26 for the week.

So just wondering does anyone have like a 2012 goal? Or are you just gonna see what happens?

My goal isn't realy a number its just to crochet more and use up more of the yarn in my stash.

I think it's good to have a goal. I do, too, want to use up my stash. I have a lot and it can go to so many good charity projects.

Another goal is to try to learn more stitches and do fancier things on my projects.

Good luck to everyone with goals.

I hope to do NOTHING!!!! except sit at home with my hubby and hook. Best way to spend a New Years Eve in my book!

I agree. I will probably go to bed by 9. I'm such a party animal!:lol

:manyheart

I've heard that what you spend New Year's Day is what you'll be doing during the year. I'm planning to have the grandkids here New Year's eve and all New Year's day so I guess that means I'll get to spend lots of time with them in 2012.

That's the only thing better than crocheting - spending time with your family! I'm so thankful that both of my daughters love crocheting as much as I do. I just wish I could talk my almost 10yo son into giving it a shot. :lol Maybe in time. My DH doesn't crochet, but he loves to see my creations & watch me while I crochet. :manyheart We'll be spending the ending & beginning of the new year together - I'll just be crocheting,too!

My goal for the next year is to be as productive as this year or more so. This CAL hasn't had much effect on me buying yarn, but it has made me more conscious of using my yarn.

I started to blame my YTD score on getting a little more than 250 points from cleaning out my sister's house, but when I looked at my list of this year's finished projects, I realized that 250 was just the tip of the iceberg.

I already had or bought the yarn to make 15 scarves, 2 hats, 201 HAP rectangles, 8 afghans/throws, 90 dishcloths, 1 shawl, 19 totes/bags, and 17 other misc projects--a total of 353 items.

On the plus side, I have weaned myself from looking at/printing out patterns on the internet, with a few exceptions. I have so many "want to do" projects (some with the yarn already) that I don't need to go looking for more!

There's probably no hope of weaning myself from yarn sales. Oh well, at least I don't have easy access to HL, JoAnn, etc. (except on line!)

I really want to find some local charities that could benefit from my crocheting--so that is one major aim for next year.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a safe, fun New Year's Eve!

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be posting the WTD's and the end of year YTD's on Sunday afternoon.

Be sure to post your scores so that I can get this done.

Wouldn't want to forget anyone.

Best wishes for the year of 2012! Happy New Year!

I would also like to find some local charities that would benefit from my crocheting in the new year. Thats another one of my goals in 2012.

There's listings of charities on the Lion Brand site that may be helpful. Also, there's Carewear Volunteers of America, that make things for babies, and hospital patients.

I like to do things local. Postage gets to be expensive.

Good luck and I hope you find charities in your area.

Thanks CLLinda. I like to do local for a few reasons 1) You can take the stuff there yourself. Make sure it actually gets there. 2) Postage is to expensive.

I live in a small town. I have a nursing and rehab center near my house so I might try there. We are getting a new hospital and a cancer center. Maybe they will take stuff. Thanks for the encouragement.

My goal is to make as much as possible for my charities - chemo caps for my oncologist's office; caps, scarves, potholders, and dish cloths for my church's clothes closet. The potholders and dish cloths I hope will be used next Christmas for presents by the people who come to our clothes closet. I am going to try very hard to use up my stash and not buy any more yarn. Okay, I said "try." :rofl

I also have a goal of decluttering my house. After we lost most of the stuff we had stored in our basement because of the May 2010 flood I had hoped we would work on the rest of the house. But by the time I finished dealing with everything in replacing the hot water heater, furnace (added central air), and the washer and dryer, it was late fall 2010. At that time I began to notice something wrong in my left breast and at the end of November I discovered a tumor. On December 22, 2010 I received a diagnosis of breast cancer. I started my regiment of treatment (chemo, surgery, and radiation) in January and finished the last December 16, 2011. I was not physically able to do much of anything this past year. I did get a lot of crocheting done though. This coming year I hope to begin the decluttering. Part of the decluttering is going through my yarn stash and organizing it. That will not be work but play.

I hope to do chemo caps for the office my friend is getting treatment at. I've got a few done already to bring there Tuesday. They already have the fleece blankets they use for patients during treatment so i know that isn't needed.

I love to make blankets more for babies..need to find them a home.

A goal? Last year, my goal was to have a better stashbusting score for 2011 than I had for 2010 (-646). I am so not making that goal for 2012!:rofl

I do hope to finish more afghans this year.

But you DO have a better score than last year - you just forgot which direction you wanted that score to go! :heehee

Update to my score for the week: Had DH stop yesterday & pick up 6 more skeins :yarn:yarn:yarn for me for the afghan that I'm currently working on. (Have I mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of Lion Brand's Homespun right now?) But, I did manage to use up 2 more, so my -52 has turned into -60!! :eek Wonder how much yarn I can use up today before midnight? :devil At least I'm going out with a bang, right? :devil

My brother sent us unexpected gifts for Christmas and mine was a gift card! Love it! Of course I just had to buy yarn. I tried to resist, but Michael's had such a great sale this week. So many different yarns were $1 to $2 less than normal prices.

I ended up with 14 skeins. I need to make more cuddle cocoons and some scarves/ hats. Temperatures are dropping this week around here and I'm prepared for some serious crochet!

For week ending Dec. 31, 2011:

WTD: -28 / YTD: -72

(Have I mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of Lion Brand's Homespun right now?)

I know what you mean! I have a love/hate relationship with homespun. I love the end product, but hate working with it--especially that first row on the chain!

I finished a cap this morning for my church's clothes closet. I used RHSS in magenta and petal pink. Its mostly magenta with 2 areas of 2 rows each of the petal pink. I do have one tail each of the magenta and petal pink to weave in and cut. I want to start a matching scarf today. Even though I seem to get some crocheting :crocheting done, it doesn't look like I am using up any yarn :yarn. So my score for the week ending December 31, 2011 is :

WTD: 0 YTD: -45

Have a Happy New Year's :yay everyone. I may not be back on Crochetville today as I will be preparing our food for New Year's. My mom always cooked cabbage on New Year's Day. But since its on a Sunday and my hubby and I go to Sunday School and church, I am going to cook it today. We will eat it for supper and tomorrow's lunch.

Just finished undecorating and packing up all the Christmas decorations. Now to do some crocheting before the grandkids get here to spend the night. I don't think I'll be finishing off any skeins and since I'll be a little busy later, I'm posting my scores now.

wtd-26, ytd+25

Just in case I don't get back here today.....

Have a Happy and Blessed New Year Everyone!

My goal is to use up more yarn than I buy. (Obviously, it didn't work this year!)

As for charities, since I work at a substance abuse treatment center in the mountains and we have a lot of clients who are homeless, I keep a stock of hats at work so the counselors can give them out.

I've missed posting the last couple of weeks, but I've been keeping track. I'm on a sock-knitting kick right now, so of course I had to go purchase sock yarn... but 15 skeins?!? :eek I thought I'd finish the pair of socks I'm making now, but had to frog them and start again, so no positives for me.

WTD -30

YTD -20

See you in the 2012 Stashbusting thread. Happy New Year! :yay

Archived