2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Well, on our way home from Sea World today we stopped at HL in Orlando and Joann's in Sanford. Joann's had TONS of new yarn and increased their selection!! 14 more skeins after yesterday's 12. :lol

post-28075-135897721627_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I managed to use up another skein today, putting me at +4 for the week, but then I went shopping & brought home 13 more skeins of yarn, which just blew my score! :blush And I'm not sure that I'm done! I've still gotta hit Joanns! So, for now, my score is -22!! I'm gonna race to the moon with the rest of you!:devil

Just a reminder. I've opened the thread for 2012's stashbusting CAL to continue. If you haven't already done so, please sign up if you want to continue to play.

Best wishes for the new game in 2012.

Let's all really try to bust some stash in 2012!

:manyheart

:jumpyay:woo Yeah for me. I finished a chemo cap on December 26th but did not use enough yarn to roll rest of skein into a ball. So I am at a big fat 0 (zero) for now. Was very tempted to buy more yarn but so far have talked myself out of it. Especially after yesterday while I was trying to straighten out an area where I have some of my stash stored at. Found a box I completely forgotten about. So yeah for me. :jumpyay:woo

I could not buy yarn for the next 5 years and not run out..and it doesn't stop me. Even though I have most of it nicely in boxes, even clear plastic, it makes it hard to go through and when faced with a project its easier (and a good excuse lol) to just go buy what I want..I mean need :rofl!!

I could not buy yarn for the next 5 years and not run out..and it doesn't stop me. Even though I have most of it nicely in boxes, even clear plastic, it makes it hard to go through and when faced with a project its easier (and a good excuse lol) to just go buy what I want..I mean need :rofl!!

I know the feeling! Sometimes, you just NEED to go buy more yarn.

Amen :rabbit

:devil

Guess who went shopping Tuesday & Wednesday? :devil Came home with 14 :yarn:yarn on Tuesday (-28) & 15 :yarn:yarn on Wednesday (-30), but I did manage to use up 2 more (+4) and I'm almost through a 3rd skein. So, at this point (including my +2 from a couple of days ago), my score stands at -52 right now! :devil:devil And I need to go pick up about 4 more skeins to finish a project that I'm currently working on! My score doesn't stand a chance this week! At least I'll be going out with a bang!

Guess who went shopping Tuesday & Wednesday? :devil Came home with 14 :yarn:yarn on Tuesday (-28) & 15 :yarn:yarn on Wednesday (-30), but I did manage to use up 2 more (+4) and I'm almost through a 3rd skein. So, at this point (including my +2 from a couple of days ago), my score stands at -52 right now! :devil:devil And I need to go pick up about 4 more skeins to finish a project that I'm currently working on! My score doesn't stand a chance this week! At least I'll be going out with a bang!

Right now you're only 1 head (behind?) mine which is -51. :lol

My daughter needed to go to Joann's today so of course I went with her. I was only going to buy 4 skeins for a sampler afghan I'm working on. I left with 14 skeins so now my score for the week is -27. Need to go fix my signature.

Wow--I see I am not going to be alone in the "new yarn to play with" category this week.:manyheart

I needed 3 skeins of Lt Coral Red Heart for an afghan I have in progress, which I find unavailable except at shopredheart.com. I also needed Cherry Red and Soft Navy Red Heart for the Special Olympics scarves I'm making--3 skeins apiece:clap

And since I had a coupon code for 20% off, I wanted to make it worth my while :rofl 16 new skeins of yarn.

Also, decided to organize and clean out my yarn and WIP, ended up frogging a couple projects that are a couple years old because I just didn't like them. I hate frogging anything, but why keep around what I'm not going to finish or waste perfectly good yarn ;) So I have 7 *new* balls of yarn to add to the stash, and I'm still frogging!

On the stashbusting side.......I have used 2 balls of yarn and turned 3 skeins to balls working on my current projects.

so far this week I'm sitting at -34.....yikes!!!

Kind of had a relapse with my broncitis. Ended up in bed all day with a fever and aches. And this is after I started a z-pak. I just wish I would feel better again.

Couldn't even knit or crochet much. I'm sure my score won't be too high this week.

Kind of had a relapse with my broncitis. Ended up in bed all day with a fever and aches. And this is after I started a z-pak. I just wish I would feel better again.

Couldn't even knit or crochet much. I'm sure my score won't be too high this week.

That's what happened with me (I had a URI and strep). Started feeling better then WHAM! came back full force. Feel better soon! :hug

Thanks for the get well wishes. My fever broke, so maybe today will be a better day.

And my Brava from knitpicks came, so I will have some new yarn to play in.

Linda, sorry you still haven't been feeling well, but I'm happy to hear that it sounds like you've finally turned that curve! And having new year always helps, doesn't it? :hug Praying that you're on the road to recovery for good! :hug

I'm trying to wait for the new year to start fresh. I have a skein thats almost gone. I just have to wait till Sunday to finish it. It will only take me like 5mins. Can't wait till Saturday either. I actually have plans this year other than staying at home. My friends having a party. It will be tons of fun. She has a 1yr old son. Just turned one actually. He's so cute. Itll be loads of fun.

So what is up with everyone? Hope all of you are doing well, if not I pray the new year finds you doing and feeling better.

Hope you all have a great New Years Eve!!!

Archived