2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

well. I may be shooting for -1000 by the end of the year!LOL I have a kit coming with I don't know how many skeins of yarn and I just ordered more yarn for the sweater I started. I knew knew knew that I should have made the xl size instead of starting the l size. I always make xl and it is a bit large so I thought I would just go with the L size on this one. I have the body of the sweater done, ends tucked, ready for the sleeves and it is to small. So. I ordered the amount of yarn extra that I have already used. I will maybe finish the smaller sweater if I ever lose weight. or maybe finish it and give it away. I am just sick about this. I would rip it all out and start again if I didn't already tuck ends. Kicking myself on this one hard.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting in my totals, so I don't forget again...

Sadly, I gained skeins this week. In addition to buying yarn for the Special Olympics scarf, I also picked up one more skein for blanket squares for a friend, and a GIANT skein of James C. Brett Marble Chunky yarn! My LYS, which usually poo-poos 100% acrylics, had a big basket of this in the corner of the store. I picked up a skein, figuring I can always use it for a hat for someone for Christmas. It's a beautiful, soft yarn!

So...my totals are: :blush:blush:blush

Stashbuster Total: WTD -8 YTD -34

Just to let you ladies know. I will be posting the scores early Sunday morning. So get your scores in by Saturday night, early Sunday morning to be counted for the week.

:manyheart

...a GIANT skein of James C. Brett Marble Chunky yarn! My LYS, which usually poo-poos 100% acrylics, had a big basket of this in the corner of the store. I picked up a skein, figuring I can always use it for a hat for someone for Christmas. It's a beautiful, soft yarn!

Isn't it delicious? I finished off a skein of that this week, as well as another skein of yarn for a total of

WTD +4

YTD +43

I made 3 :2snowman and 30 :wreath pins. Used up 3 balls and rolled a skein down (+4). I ran out of ribbon for the :wreath pins, so I went Michaels to get more. I found the 3/4" plastic rings (which they don't always have) and got 3 packs. I realized I just used up all my green yarn, so I had to get a skein. The Fun Yarn (Lion Brand :think?) skeins are small and were on sale for 99 cents. I forced my self to be good and only got 2 green ones (-4). It's hard when there's a sale and they all look sooo pretty, but I did it :cheer!

WTD: 0 YTD: 128

is 0 still even :think?

Ellie 13

If you post early, and then have to change your score, just put in a new post. I continually look at the new posts and I don't go back to see if things are changed. Just thought you would want to know.

A lot of positives so far......

well I haven't posted my score all week so now I had to figure out how to compute this figured it out used one skein of yarn and one ball of yarn +3 but I bought 2 skeins so -4 but I made a beret didn't turn out so I rolled it into a ball so +1 for a grand total of I broke even again.

for the weekending December 4,2010:

WTD:0/YTD:-57

Last chance to get your scores posted. I will post the scores as soon as I get home from church. That will be about 8:45 a.m. central time.

Stashbusting Scores for week ending 12/4/10

CLLinda +10 Gold Medal:cheer:cheer:cheer

Desert Crocheter +7 Silver Medal:cheer:yay:cheer

Dilyca2006 +5 Tie for Bronze Medal:cheer:cheer:cheer

DragonPuck +5 Tie for Bronze Medal :cheer:cheer:cheer

Yarn Users:cheer:manyheart:cheer

MouseCLP +4

QuietHeart +2

Basjordan +2

Yarn_geek +2

twinklesnow +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Marzee +1

Staying the same:cheer:manyheart:cheer

Pineknott 0

Ellie 13 0

fc1123 0

Getting more yarn:

:cheer:cheer:cheer

PatternCollector -4

PBLKNP -8

And the winner this week of Shoot the Moon is: walker1021 with a score of -32!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Another great week of stashbusting! Keep up the good work!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Wow. What a difference a week makes! I go from being tied at the "Shoot the Moon" award to making Gold. It's crazy.

I hope I did ok doing the scores. If I missed anyone, send me a pm and I can fix it.

Great week, everyone!

Great scores everyone. Sorry I didn't post yesterday - but I stayed at 0 anyway. I woke up yesterday with pain through my wrist and up my arm, so knew I needed to stay away from the computer. Better today now that I have rested it.

Archived