2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see...I bought 21 skeins of yarn this week :eek but managed to use up 13 other skeins :clap so...no gold medal this week...LOL!

WTD -16

YTD -90

You know, if it wasn't for that clearance yarn, I'd have a pretty decent score this week.:lol

Hmmmm, at this point, I think I'm aiming for stashbuilder of the year! :devil

I bought 26 skeins this week and used 4, so I'm at:

WTD: -44; YTD: -602

So I got busy this week. I finished off one skein (+2) of a multi-colored yarn with an 8” square, a 6” square, a preemie hat, and, of course, I had to do at least 1 yo-yo. The dark purple turned out black in the pic; and the green a sort of greyish color. Does anyone know what yarn this is? It seems to be related to RH Holly and Ivy, but that’s not it. I put it next to a skein of that that I have and it didn't match.

[ATTACH]30498[/ATTACH]

Three green balls of various colors all went to yo-yos (the light green ones are all the same, just the light made them look different). One light brown ball went to 128” worth of the afghan panel (presently 39” X 25”) and three yo-yos. +4

[ATTACH]30499[/ATTACH]

Alas, my knitting friend gifted me with a skein of a pretty rusty orange color. (-2) I will apply it to the afghan panel shortly, but that won’t use it up, I guess.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: +9 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Lovely! Thanks for sharing pictures.

I'd love to be a part of this! :)

Welcome to our group! It's fun incentive to try to put a leash on the stash... Keep it under a semblance of control. We won't point out that my YTD score is in the negatives, so I haven't been very effective...

You know, if it wasn't for that clearance yarn, I'd have a pretty decent score this week.:lol

Hmmmm, at this point, I think I'm aiming for stashbuilder of the year! :devil

I bought 26 skeins this week and used 4, so I'm at:

WTD: -44; YTD: -602

And you will probably get it. Keep up the good work, Yarn Geek!

:manyheart

well here goes the scores:

For the gold medal we have

pattern collector:+14

For silver we have dragon puck:+16

For bronze we have Ellie13:+8

and here are others who were being good

+5 Desert Crocheter

+4 Marzee

and people who are tied with some more good scores:

+2 basjordan

+2 walker 1021

+2 quiet heart

for people holding steady:

0 gshall

0 pblknp

0 fc1123

and for people who just couldn't resist the yarn and who can blame them?

-1 pineknott

-1 Big Pink polka dot

-2 dilyca2006

-10 CCLinda

-16 Braxxi

and our shoot the moon winner drum roll please:

-44 Yarn geek.

Let me know if I have missed anyone.

I used up two skeins this week, and it's only Tuesday. We're getting a new furnace today, so I may be able to knit a lot today and use up more yarn.

:manyheart

Finally finished that ball for a +1. I am going to have to work on my cross stich if it's going to get done by Christmas, so not sure when I will pick up my hook again.

well. I started an afghan with a kit the other day, and, being one to use more yarn then usually suggested, I have ordered more yarn. I think I have 12 skeins coming today. I have got in quite a bit of crochet this week, but, not enough to use up any skeins.

:cheer:clap:yay I got bronze!

I got 28 :ttalk pins done by Mon., finished 1 stuffed :ttalk last night and am almost done with the second (1 more to go). All this :crocheting used up 2 balls and 1/2 a skein (+3) :clap. I may have to make more pins this weekend.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 124

Ellie 13

No pictures this week.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +11

I was reading back over some past posts and noticed that I shorted my YTD by 2 points between October 21 (reported wtd: +2, ytd: +7) and October 28 ( reported wtd: 0, Ytd: +5). So I've added those points back on to my ytd.

Won't be here next week. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!:ttalk:tdance:pilgrim

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +11 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Archived