2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And another stashbuster throws her hat into the ring!

I just got back from a vacation at my Mom's. Months ago, I'd sent her 5 Caron pounders and her old pattern for a fisherman-style afghan that she wanted to reproduce (after losing everything in a fire). She hadn't done anything with it yet, and suggested that I get it started. Needless to say, that box came back home with me, although I did use up one of the skeins while I was there. So that's -8.:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Then she wanted me to pick out anything I wanted for my birthday present, so a trip to Hobby Lobby netted me 4 skeins of Patons Lace in shades of blue. There's another -8.:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn She also told me about a new yarn shop in her area, and naturally I had to check it out. Three skeins of Marble Chunky by James C Brett walked out with me. Another -6.:yarn:yarn:yarn Total...

WTD -22 YTD +23

I hope one of you two will acquire more yarn than that!

Great shopping!

Enjoy that yarn!

:manyheart

And now for yarn_geek's week to d- Wait a minute! I ordered a drum roll.

*crickets* :think

Ahem!

:eek

(stamps foot) Drum Roll!

:2rockdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrrdrdrdrd...

And now for yarn-geek's Week To Date score!

-118!!!

Yes, ladies, that is -118! 59 skeins of yarn. Here's the pics to prove it.:devil

dilyca2006, top that! I dare you!

post-33647-13589758855_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897588554_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897588557_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot to post. I thought I was bad with the 40 skeins of yarn I took in this week cause they needed a home. but. I don't think I am so bad any longer. (thank you yarn_geek!!!:lol:lol:lol)

WTD -76 YTD -328

I have been sick and so many other things going on I almost forgot to post till this morning!!!LOL Thank you for the fun race!!!!LOL

:rofl I may have to play this one close to the vest until Saturday!:D I'm not even sure if I'm done picking up yarn yet. The extra employee discount goes through Sunday, and I just thought of something else I'd like to pick up.

Hmmm.... It's getting interesting.:scrachin yarn_geek or dilyca206.... dilyca2006 or yarn_geek...... who will win- er, lose?:devil

(cue suspenseful music and melodramatic voiceover dude- maybe Will Arnett)

Will yarn_geek prevail as the premier Shoot the Moon winner, or will dilyca2006 beat her to the bottom of the list?!

The drama continues this Saturday on.... STASHBUSTERS!

Heading to Daytona to go yarn shopping :shop with my favorite yarn-aholic (TurtleLvr:turtle). The excuse for buying more yarn?? I joined my 1st ever swap here on the 'ville :yay (favorite color swap) and there is a box waiting to be stuffed with crafting goodies. But I know TurtleLvr :turtle will be throwing skeins of yarn in my basket - she always thinks "you need this" or "isn't this pretty" :yes.

And,yes, I do have a few projects in mind which means new yarn must be purchased to make them.:yarn:yarn

Self control is my "word of the day". Now to understand what it means. :think

And um, Mouse, hate to say it, but we've had such low 'winning' shoot the moon scores, you could very well be the 'winner.' But what fun, yarn for your birthday! WYF, Mom on Mouse!

Great shopping!

Enjoy that yarn!

:manyheart

Thank you both, I've tried so hard to be a good girl this year. DesertCrocheter, I was worried that I'd shoot the moon, but I was hoping the other two weren't exaggerating how much they'd acquired this week! Looks like I was a long way from worrying.

And now for yarn-geek's Week To Date score!

-118!!!

Yes, ladies, that is -118! 59 skeins of yarn. Here's the pics to prove it.:devil

dilyca2006, top that! I dare you!

I almost forgot to post. I thought I was bad with the 40 skeins of yarn I took in this week cause they needed a home. but. I don't think I am so bad any longer. (thank you yarn_geek!!!:lol:lol:lol)

WTD -76 YTD -328

Congrats, you two, on all your new yummy yarny goodness! Maybe we should have a StashBuilders CAL on C'ville.

Okay, looks like my "Shoot the Moon" reign is over... :lol If I've missed anyone, please let me know!

Braxxi WTD: +15 GOLD MEDAL WINNER!:clap

dragonpuck WTD: +7 SILVER MEDAL WINNER! :cheer

quietheart WTD: +6 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER! (TIE) :c9

PAndrus WTD: +6 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER! (TIE) :c9

The Runner's Up: :crocheting

gshall WTD: +4

basjordan WTD: +2

DesertCrocheter WTD: +2

Marzee WTD: +2

pineknott WTD: +2

Walker1021 WTD: +2

Holding Steady: :D

BigPinkPolkaDot WTD: 0

Ellie 13 WTD: 0

PBLKNP WTD: 0

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt! LOL... :rofl

CLLinda WTD: -3

fc1123 WTD: -7

MouseCLP WTD: -22

dilyca2006 WTD: -76

yarn_geek WTD: -118 SHOOT THE MOON! :devil

Denial???:eek Denial??:think I knew exactly what I was doing when I ordered that yarn... Ok.. I really didn't. :lol:lol I didn't realize that I was bidding on so much yarn till they said I won it!!!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Okay, looks like my "Shoot the Moon" reign is over... :lol If I've missed anyone, please let me know!

Braxxi WTD: +15 GOLD MEDAL WINNER!:clap

dragonpuck WTD: +7 SILVER MEDAL WINNER! :cheer

quietheart WTD: +6 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER! (TIE) :c9

PAndrus WTD: +6 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER! (TIE) :c9

The Runner's Up: :crocheting

gshall WTD: +4

basjordan WTD: +2

DesertCrocheter WTD: +2

Marzee WTD: +2

pineknott WTD: +2

Walker1021 WTD: +2

Holding Steady: :D

BigPinkPolkaDot WTD: 0

Ellie 13 WTD: 0

PBLKNP WTD: 0

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt! LOL... :rofl

CLLinda WTD: -3

fc1123 WTD: -7

MouseCLP WTD: -22

dilyca2006 WTD: -76

yarn_geek WTD: -118 SHOOT THE MOON! :devil

I haven't been keeping score on a weekly basis but I have made a big dent in my stash the last few months. I have given up on buying yarn in the craft and big box stores for now...sticking almost exclusively to "shopping" from my stash. I still have alot of yarn left and could probably crochet for a year or two without buying another skein but when I see a good deal at the thrift store, I will pick it up so I can have all the colors to choose from and keep making it fun to stash crochet :)

I have been sick and so many other things going on I almost forgot to post till this morning!!!LOL Thank you for the fun race!!!!LOL

You're welcome! It was a blast!:devil

Other than the three things of crochet thread I picked up on Sunday, I'm hoping to be good this week.:D I've used up two skeins of yarn, so far, so I'm at -2.

Sunday's yarn shopping excursion helped me add 12 more skeins to my stash. :eek But they were all bought with projects in mind. And, on a better note, I have used up 3 skeins working on an afghan project this week.:cheer (these skeins were purchased earlier this year).

Yesterday I was in Big Lots killing time before my field trip to the jail (criminology class). There was a whole bin of yarn for $1 each!!:yes I eyed them, I played with them, but in the end, they all remained at Big Lots. Totally suprised myself!!:D

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Yesterday I was in Big Lots killing time before my field trip to the jail (criminology class). There was a whole bin of yarn for $1 each!!:yes I eyed them, I played with them, but in the end, they all remained at Big Lots. Totally suprised myself!!:D

Hope everyone is having a great week!

A $1 each??? You're a stronger woman than I... :lol

{trying not to figure out if there's a Big Lots on my way to class tonight...}

Well, I decided to ditch my self-imposed rule to only count whole skeins in my score, and to wait until I finished up the remaining ball wound from a new skein at the end of a project and only count it when it was finally and completely used up on another project. It's almost November, and I'd like my YTD score to wind up as close to 200 as possible.

Not at this rate will that happen, but a gal can dream, eh? :hook Patty

Archived