2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Great job on the scorekeeping. I did notice that some people are starting to buy yarn again. Does this mean the economy is turning around?:think I sure hope so.

:manyheart

I think it means we are running out of stash and the holidays are around the corner

er-- at least the right stash ;), it always seems that the perfect yarn is not already in my stash:devil

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it means we are running out of stash and the holidays are around the corner

er-- at least the right stash ;), it always seems that the perfect yarn is not already in my stash:devil

I agree with you. The holiday projects need to be started, so the yarn buying starts. Well, it sounds like a good excuse. :rofl

I noticed that all your multi-colored yo-yos came out with the colors in sections. How did you do that, or was it just coincidence :think ?.

Ellie 13

You know? I never thought about it. Maybe its just that the color on the yarn strand is just the right length for sectioning in a yo-yo. It's certainly not self-striping or anything. Is that coincidence?

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4/YTD: +4 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Since I've been working mostly with pounders (or those really big Super Savers) it's been a while since I could post a change in my score. I added another WIP to my pile :blush but it uses 50 gram skeins of bulky yarn, so it's going to make a dent in my score! I used a skein this morning. WTD +2, YTD -22

Okay, I've done it now...:blush

Last night, we have our Stitch 'n' B group, and someone brought in TWO BIG BAGS of stash that she wanted to unload. Somehow (I'm still unclear on this), a shawl kit just LEAPED into my knitting bag! I swear, I don't know how it happened... :devil

Okay, I've done it now...:blush

Last night, we have our Stitch 'n' B group, and someone brought in TWO BIG BAGS of stash that she wanted to unload. Somehow (I'm still unclear on this), a shawl kit just LEAPED into my knitting bag! I swear, I don't know how it happened... :devil

Gotta watch those rogue shawl kits! I hope you enjoy your new yarn!:manyheart

This afghan pattern is totally awesome! :yayJust wish I had more time to work on it. :( It would be done in a jiffy if work, school and normal everyday life didn't get in the way. :rofl

WTD +2 YTD -28

This afghan pattern is totally awesome! :yayJust wish I had more time to work on it. :( It would be done in a jiffy if work, school and normal everyday life didn't get in the way. :rofl
- I hear your pain!

I finished two more skeins and rolled one into a ball for a WTD of +7 and a YTD -9

WTD +2 YTD -28

I hear your pain two days a week I am in school all day. I have an hour or so before the next class though I do the small projects like a scarf. Other than that I haven't finished the blanket until homework is done. Well my score for the weekending October 1, 2010:

WTD:-3/YTD:-36

I have been making pumpkin pins every spare chance. I use 2 balls (+2) :cheer and all my pin backs :(. I need to have 25 pins by Monday. I went to A.C Moore for pin backs and had to fight off the Christmas :yarn that tried to get in my basket. If it had been orange :yarn, I might have given in :lol. Next month, who knows :shrug.

WTD: + 2 YTD: +108

Ellie 13

I have been making pumpkin pins every spare chance. I use 2 balls (+2) :cheer and all my pin backs :(. I need to have 25 pins by Monday. I went to A.C Moore for pin backs and had to fight off the Christmas :yarn that tried to get in my basket. If it had been orange :yarn, I might have given in :lol. Next month, who knows :shrug.

WTD: + 2 YTD: +108

Ellie 13

I'm curious and hope you don't mind my asking- what do you do with all these pins?

I've been dreading posting this score all day; I had a bit too much fun after work yesterday. :devil:devil:devil (Yes, three smiley devils.) Why, you ask? I work at a big box craft store, and it was employee appretiation time- 40% of our entire purchases of regular and SALE items! Heck, yeah! :D There was YARN on sale this time, ladies! (Usually when they do this, there's very little on sale, so for employees, it's not that great a deal- especially when the 40% off one item coupons are easy to obtain.) Anywho, I bypassed the baskets and went straight for a cart....

And I bought 62 skeins of yarn for about $75! I picked up 24 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton for .77 each, and 38 skeins of Vanna's Choice and (store brand) acrylic for $1.49 each. I didn't even think of my stashbusting score until I started adding it up last night.:lol I had an eek moment, for sure, but, as I drooled over my new yarn, it quickly faded. Hopefully, I can make a dent in my score by the end of the year. :hook

WTD: -124; YTD: -428

Archived