2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +5

Busted three small balls (+3) on two 6 inch squares and 13 yo-yo's:

post-19794-135897585137_thumb.jpg

Honest! the squares are square despite the pic.

Lets see what I know...the dark is RH Shaded Dusk. Can't identify the bright. The light blue/blue gray/white yo-yo's are the last of an irregular mill end skein that I bought ~30 years ago for 59 cents. It had no color name or dye lot number.

After being happy with myself for getting three points, my knitting friend found a full Caron 1 Pound skein of lilac at a thrift store (still in the plastic bag) and gave it to me for $2.09. (-2) Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I just had to have it.:lol You all know how that is!

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +5 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I rolled a skein into a ball so +1 for a grand total so far this week of a 0 so I break even though tomorrow that might be negative because I ran out of Simply Soft Caron yarn in white so another trip to Joann's.

I just had to go to knitting today, didn't I? I came home with 5 balls of yarn. There goes my score, again!

But, it's free yarn, so it's all good.

:manyheart

Still working on my cross stich, so score again is WTD 0. The piece I am working on is the hardest I've ever done, so will probably put down for awhile next week to go back to the easier (for me) crochet.

I'm still working on my parents quilt. I did actually use about 2 ozs of yarn this week, as I needed a break from handstitching all these names. Just really not enough to count. So still sitting pretty at 0 but at least I'm remembering to post, and I haven't gained at yarn.

Found a good clearance sale on some yarn this week.... ended up adopting eight skeins of LB Homespun 'cause, you know, you can't seperate the siblings (same dye lot)!:lol I did manage to use two skeins, though, so my shoot the moon score this week is:

WTD: -14

Okay, I haven't done this before, so if I'm missing anyone, please tell me...

quietheart +18 GOLD MEDAL WINNER! :cheer

PAndrus +7 SILVER MEDAL WINNER! :clap

pineknott +5 BRONZE MEDAL WINNER! :c9

The Runners Up: :manyheart

dilyca2006 +4

dragonpuck +4

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

DesertCrocheter +2

fc1123 +1

marzee +1

Holding Steady: :crocheting

gshall 0

Ihapsaapsolady 0

walker 1021 0

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt! :lol

basjordan -1

CLLinda -5

Ellie 13 -6

yarn geek -12

PBLKNP -20 SHOOT THE MOON! :devil

Thanks, all! :manyheart

The only bummer here is that I'm in the hole, stash-wise, and need to do the scores again next week! :devil

I used up one skein this week, but one of the women at my Stitch 'n' B group showed up on Tuesday with 11 beautiful skeins of Di.Ve' Butterfly yarn. It's a wool/acrylic/alpaca blend in a sort of green brownish color, and not cheap. She declared that she didn't really like the color after all, and would anyone like it? Needless to say, I just about lunged across the table...it's just enough to make a nice tweedy-type sweater.

The shame...I will try to do better this week!

Thanks, all! :manyheart

The only bummer here is that I'm in the hole, stash-wise, and need to do the scores again next week! :devil

I used up one skein this week, but one of the women at my Stitch 'n' B group showed up on Tuesday with 11 beautiful skeins of Di.Ve' Butterfly yarn. It's a wool/acrylic/alpaca blend in a sort of green brownish color, and not cheap. She declared that she didn't really like the color after all, and would anyone like it? Needless to say, I just about lunged across the table...it's just enough to make a nice tweedy-type sweater.

The shame...I will try to do better this week!

Great job on the scores! It was a little scary the first time I did it, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

And! I got gold! Thank goodness for this two strand cardigan I made LOL

Yesterday, I was so loopy when I reported my scores.

I had changed my siggy and then when I reported, I was laughing so hard, I took away my points instead of adding them. I actually worked two skeins into balls this past week. It doesn't impact anyone else, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Gee, I'm glad I wasn't driving or something, the way I was quacking, someone would have shot me for their Sunday dinner and I would have been too delirious to figure out what was happening! Hey, you just have those days!

Thanks PBLKNP! If you hadn't done such a great job with the scores, I never would have gone back to check what I did! Happy crocheting everyone and congrats medalists!

PBLKNP- You mean you didn't lunge across the table?:lol That's awesome. Great job with the scores!

:oops Doh! It appears I couldn't properly subtract 4 from 16 last night. The score I should have posted was -12; not a big deal but a bit :embar. Oddly enough, when I updated my signature after posting my score, I got it right.:think

Archived