2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nada!

The rains have returned, drowning out the calls from the yard/garden, so I have been crocheting quite a bit. Still nothing busted this week.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +5

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +5 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I had to buy the supplies I needed for my class that I'm taking in Crochet at the local college. There goes my score, again!

So I bought seven skeins and was gifted another one. I don't think I'll ever be in the Positives in my YTD score again this year!

:manyheart

I had to buy the supplies I needed for my class that I'm taking in Crochet at the local college. There goes my score, again!

So I bought seven skeins and was gifted another one. I don't think I'll ever be in the Positives in my YTD score again this year!

A college class in Crochet?? That is so cool!! What are you all going to make?

I just like the thought that when the clock strikes midnight January 1st 2011 my YTD score will once again be 0!!!!!

Oh, I forgot another skein that someone gifted me. So my score is even higher now.

The class is Crochet 2. We will be making a felted purse, ruffled beaded socks, a hot pad, a heart inside a square? and a change purse. It just sounded like a fun thing to try. Oh, and I forgot. We will be learning Tunisian crochet too.

So I had most of the wool I needed, and then just had to buy 4 skeins of cotton, two ww's of acrylic, and one skein of wool. So my score went crazy.

I'm posting early. I doubt if I get any crocheting done tonight.

WTD=-15 YTD=-15

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Boooooooooo!

So I had most of the wool I needed, and then just had to buy 4 skeins of cotton, two ww's of acrylic, and one skein of wool. So my score went crazy.

Score went crazy with a -15? :think Makes me wonder what my last week's score of -118 would be catagorized as?:devil:rofl

On a side note, I hate computers. I've been dealing with the BSOD (Blue Screen of DEATH for those who are uninitiated) since Wednesday night. I've been trying to do some troubleshooting with my mom's laptop, but I still can't tell if it's a virus, hardware error, linked to any recent updates, etc. because when I google the error codes I get ALL of these possibilities.:bang I gave up after five hours tonight, or I was going to go all Office Space on my laptop! Well, tomorrow's another day.... I guess I know what I'll be doing on my days off.:sigh

It's the end of the month, so don't forget to post your YTD scores as well!

It's the end of the month already? Considering the stress of October, I think I'm ready for a new month -- My dear mom-in-law died. My sister-in-law went into the hospital and had surgery. I had two bouts of bronchitis. Both of my kids were sick. I sprained my ankle. My husband got poison ivy. We were cleaning out MIL's house and trucking things back to our city. She lived on the other side of my state and the expenses of the funeral, the truck, my kids' dress clothes and gas just about broke the bank here. The icing on the so-called cake was the 15 hours of homework the kids had to make up. I miss her so much. She was light to us and our connection to our Eastern European roots. I can hear the polka music playing in heaven and know she's with everyone who has gone on before. She was my kids' only grandparent left. I feel sorry for them.

For week ending Oct. 30, 2010:

WTD: +1 / YTD: -41

It's the end of the month already? Considering the stress of October, I think I'm ready for a new month -- My dear mom-in-law died. My sister-in-law went into the hospital and had surgery. I had two bouts of bronchitis. Both of my kids were sick. I sprained my ankle. My husband got poison ivy. We were cleaning out MIL's house and trucking things back to our city. She lived on the other side of my state and the expenses of the funeral, the truck, my kids' dress clothes and gas just about broke the bank here. The icing on the so-called cake was the 15 hours of homework the kids had to make up. I miss her so much. She was light to us and our connection to our Eastern European roots. I can hear the polka music playing in heaven and know she's with everyone who has gone on before. She was my kids' only grandparent left. I feel sorry for them.

So sorry to hear about all your October sadness and injuries. Especially the death of your MIL. Will say a prayer that this new month will bring your whole family new hope and lots of smiles.:hug:hug:manyheart

Looks like I will never get back to a positive # before the end of the year. Well, maybe a miracle will happen and more crochet time will be in the near future...NOT!!!WTD -18 YTD -44

BigPinkPolkaDot, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. :hug I hope November will be a much better month for all of you.

I had the most amazing experience yesterday. My two sons invited their girlfriends and family members to our house. During the get-together, one of the girlfriends and I snuck out and went to a couple of stores to shop for YARN!:yarn:yarn:c9:c9 I want to keep that girl! Well, the other one is OK, too, but she doesn't shop for yarn with me. WTD -4, YTD -19

I received 2 skeins of Hometown USA this week, but also used 2 up. However I counted wrong last week - should have been + 6 not + 4, so I'll use those 2 point this week, which give me a score of WTD +2, YTD -3

Insane!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:woo:flower

Score went crazy with a -15? :think Makes me wonder what my last week's score of -118 would be catagorized as?:devil:rofl

On a side note, I hate computers. I've been dealing with the BSOD (Blue Screen of DEATH for those who are uninitiated) since Wednesday night. I've been trying to do some troubleshooting with my mom's laptop, but I still can't tell if it's a virus, hardware error, linked to any recent updates, etc. because when I google the error codes I get ALL of these possibilities.:bang I gave up after five hours tonight, or I was going to go all Office Space on my laptop! Well, tomorrow's another day.... I guess I know what I'll be doing on my days off.:sigh

It's the end of the month, so don't forget to post your YTD scores as well!

I finished a (small) skein of brown :yarn (+2). I got 32 :ttalk pins out of it. I guess it takes less yarn to make :ttalk pins than :jack pins. I also used 2 balls making a :ghost and a spider (+2) :cheer. Now I'm going to start on :wreath pins (I hope I have enough green).

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 112

Ellie 13

Well, ladies, I made it all the way to the end of October before my stashbusting fell flat. I won thepunkrockinchick's generous yarn giveaway, and the surprise delivery was today--30 cakes and little balls of yarn! :c9 You can see the photo if you follow that little link. I had used up 1 skein and one ball, so I was at a +3 until 1:30 Saturday afternoon, when the yarn cakes descended. BUt what a way to go!!

score for week ending 10/30/10: -27

YTD score: 91

well need to update my score since I bought two skeins of yarn today so my total for the weekending October 30,2010:

WTD:-1/YTD:-42

Archived