2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I've been dreading posting this score all day; I had a bit too much fun after work yesterday. :devil:devil:devil (Yes, three smiley devils.) Why, you ask? I work at a big box craft store, and it was employee appretiation time- 40% of our entire purchases of regular and SALE items! Heck, yeah! :D There was YARN on sale this time, ladies! (Usually when they do this, there's very little on sale, so for employees, it's not that great a deal- especially when the 40% off one item coupons are easy to obtain.) Anywho, I bypassed the baskets and went straight for a cart....

And I bought 62 skeins of yarn for about $75! I picked up 24 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton for .77 each, and 38 skeins of Vanna's Choice and (store brand) acrylic for $1.49 each. I didn't even think of my stashbusting score until I started adding it up last night.:lol I had an eek moment, for sure, but, as I drooled over my new yarn, it quickly faded. Hopefully, I can make a dent in my score by the end of the year. :hook

WTD: -124; YTD: -428

OMG!!! You must have been doing the 5k Yarn Aisle Dash!!! Going up and down the aisles, using both arms to throw yarn in the cart!!! :rofl With all that yarn, you may be able to quit your job and open your own yarn store :yes The score may have given you an "eek" moment:eek, but that new stash is going to put lots of smiles on your face for a long, long time. :hook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drum roll please....

Gold Medal! - basjordan +10

Silver Medal! - Braxxi +9

Bronze Medal! - dragonpuck +8

gshall +7

pineknott +7

dilyca2006 +4

Ellie 13 +2

quietheart +2

walker1021 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

DesertCrocheter +1

fc1123 -3

CLLinda -8

Shoot the Moon! - yarn geek -124

Great job everyone!~!~

(Braxxi ~ I was skipped over ;) But it is only a +2)

Sorry about that. Added you to the list!

Great job posting the scores. And congratulations to the "Shoot the moon" winner, Yarn_Geek! Just think of all that wonderful yarn!

:manyheart

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:crocheting

I've been dreading posting this score all day; I had a bit too much fun after work yesterday. :devil:devil:devil (Yes, three smiley devils.) Why, you ask? I work at a big box craft store, and it was employee appretiation time- 40% of our entire purchases of regular and SALE items! Heck, yeah! :D There was YARN on sale this time, ladies! (Usually when they do this, there's very little on sale, so for employees, it's not that great a deal- especially when the 40% off one item coupons are easy to obtain.) Anywho, I bypassed the baskets and went straight for a cart....

And I bought 62 skeins of yarn for about $75! I picked up 24 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton for .77 each, and 38 skeins of Vanna's Choice and (store brand) acrylic for $1.49 each. I didn't even think of my stashbusting score until I started adding it up last night.:lol I had an eek moment, for sure, but, as I drooled over my new yarn, it quickly faded. Hopefully, I can make a dent in my score by the end of the year. :hook

WTD: -124; YTD: -428

oh my gosh yarn geek!

that's great!!

i thought I was bad this week....lol not even close!

congratulations on your new stash!

--jenny

Braxxi -- thanks so much for the great job score keeping! :flower

Yarn geek -- I would love to work with you! I wouldn't bring home a paycheck, just yarn!!!

I hate to reset my WTD score -- I like the +10! Guess I need to get busy to bring up the score for this week....

Yarn Geek--now that's a respectable Shot the Moon score! Congratulations! Boy, I wish I could play in your stash. Enjoy it!

:fameIt was a lot of fun; I will definately enjoy the yarn! Sooooo... Who'll be the next big Shoot the Moon winner? :wink

I bought two more skeins of Lion Brand Hometown USA today- would have bought more for the halloween afghan I'm making, but there wasn't any.:( I did finish off a skein last night, so I'm only at -2.

I'm working on four different afghans right now. Does anybody else do this, or am I just nuts? Normally, I only work on one or two at a time.:lol

I'm at a -8 and the week's just begun. But at least, I am so busy at work on Wednesday, that I don't have time to run to the store and buy more.

I'm working on four different afghans right now. Does anybody else do this, or am I just nuts? Normally, I only work on one or two at a time.:lol

Of course we do, I have three afghans and a bag of chunky( soft) yarn I am making scarves with --- alternating keeps me from getting bored:devil

and the scarves are quick and use up yarn , which is why I am only -3 right now:blush

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4 / YTD: +4

I was AWOL last week, so I am reporting this week as if it was then, because I bought yarn and I want to keep "legal."

Two stars came together at Jo-Ann - Caron 1 Pounds NOT on sale and two 50% off (regularly priced items) coupons in hand. Usually, the Pounders are on sale at ~25% - ~28% off ($5.79 & $5.99 - regular price: $7.99), which means, of course, one can't use even the regular 40% off coupons. So with my coupons I got two more blacks for my charity blanket at $3.99 each! Woo Hoo!:woo

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0YTD: +4 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Used a skein this week. seems like I should have used more :think but it has only been one skein so far. Making a Shawler for my mom, thinking it might help her keep warm during her chemo sessions

Happy Anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you are doing something fun.

I've been spending the week working on my cross stich (something I've neglected since starting this CAL), so my

WTD 0, YTD -9

I'm posting early. It's our 22nd anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!!! Isn't is great?! Hubby and I celebrate our 18th next Sunday:eek Has it really been that long???:think

Archived