2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I'm posting early.

WTD=+2 YTD=+20

Since I've been doing this Stashbusting thing, for most of my projects, I have noticed that my stash is really going down. That's good. When it's all gone, I can buy more YARN!

:manyheart

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

posting my score. It may change, but, I will count it as next weeks if it does. It may change in the fact that I might get another skein used today, but not sure.

This week I brought in 7 skeins of yarn but used 3....

WTD -8 ytd -266

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3 / YTD: +8

I finished off three small balls on these yo-yo's and round two of a rectangular granny strip for my charity blanket:

[ATTACH]27706[/ATTACH]

That's the last of the bag of multi-coloreds I had assembled. There might be some solids buried in my stash somewhere...

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +8 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I noticed that all your multi-colored yo-yos came out with the colors in sections. How did you do that, or was it just coincidence :think ?.

I made 20 pumpkin pins an used up a ball (+1) :cheer. I gave away a skein (+2) :clap.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 106

Ellie 13

I ended up buying 8 skeins this week for a couple projects I'm working on. However, I did use up 5 skeins this week, so I'm down 6 points.

WTD: -6; YTD: -304

I think I can safely claim next week's shoot the moon right now. This coming week, it's employee appretiation- basically we get a coupon for 40% off our entire purchase of regular and sale items. Usually, when they do this, there's nothing or next to nothing on sale, but not so this time- there's YARN on sale! I tend to stock up when these coupons come out, but I suspect I'm going to really stock up this time.:lol

I think I can safely claim next week's shoot the moon right now. This coming week, it's employee appretiation- basically we get a coupon for 40% off our entire purchase of regular and sale items. Usually, when they do this, there's nothing or next to nothing on sale, but not so this time- there's YARN on sale! I tend to stock up when these coupons come out, but I suspect I'm going to really stock up this time.:lol

Where do you work? I want a job there!:lol

Didn't get as much crochet time in as I had hoped. But that is o.k. My daughter and 2 grandkids have been here since Friday night. They get all my attention when they are around. :manyheart

WTD +2

And here we go!!!

Two Gold Medal Winners for this week!!

Dragonpuck................10

raelynn ........................10

Silver Medalist is

CLLinda ..........................6

Bronze Medal...we have a tie!

fc1123 ...........................5

pineknott ......................5

Slow and Steady....

Marzee .........................3

Ellie 13 ...........................3

walker1021 ..................2

Holding Steady....

BigPinkPolkaDot .........0

PBLKNP .........................0

Some had a little fun getting new yarn...

quietheart ..................-2

DesertCrocheter.... -3

yarngeek .....................-6

dilyca2006 .................-8

gshall -8

And the Shoot The Moon Award goes too....

Braxxi .........................-59

Congrats to everyone one for a great week!!!

Great job on the scorekeeping. I did notice that some people are starting to buy yarn again. Does this mean the economy is turning around?:think I sure hope so.

Oh, I forgot one thing. Hobby Lobby has a sale starting Monday on Lion Brand products. Scores may be higher this week in the negatives.:)

I'm shocked! :faintNo, not really! I've had to pick up yarn for 2 afghans along with some miscellaneous skeins too. Well, I will do scores on Sunday morning. Everyone GET HOOKING!

I used up 1 skein, but then bought six on sale at HL this morning, so I'm at a -10 so far this week. I bought pink Jiffy for a baby blanket for the fair. It's so soft and pretty.

And it was on sale.

It's now in the bottom of my daughter's dresser. Hidden away so DH won't see it until I use it.:)

Archived