2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I'm curious and hope you don't mind my asking- what do you do with all these pins?

Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I sell the pins to people at work, and a co-worker's friend wanted them. I work at a Market Basket, so always try to keep a dozen or so on me. Customers see people wearing them and come looking for me. I finished all the pins in time. Last weeks WTD was 0, so I didn't post.

If anyone wants the pattern here it is: E (or F) hook, small amounts orange, green and black yarn, 1 in. pin backs, 10 mm googlie eyes, fabric glue, yarn needle.

Rnd 1: with orange, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in 1st sc

Rnd 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each sc (12), sl st in 1st sc

Rnd 3: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, hdc in next 4 sc, sl st in next 2 sc, hdc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in last sc, change to green, finish orange, with green, ch 5, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in next 3 chs, sl st in 1st sc, finish off. Use black to embroider a mouth, sew pin on back and glue on eyes.

No problem with copyright, I made it myself. You can use felt or fabric paint to make the face if you want. Be creative. :jack

I had to get more :yarn so I could stock up :(, I got 3 skeins.

WTD: - 6 YTD: + 102

Ellie 13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I sell the pins to people at work, and a co-worker's friend wanted them. I work at a Market Basket, so always try to keep a dozen or so on me. Customers see people wearing them and come looking for me. I finished all the pins in time. Last weeks WTD was 0, so I didn't post.

If anyone wants the pattern here it is: E (or F) hook, small amounts orange, green and black yarn, 1 in. pin backs, 10 mm googlie eyes, fabric glue, yarn needle.

Rnd 1: with orange, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in 1st sc

Rnd 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each sc (12), sl st in 1st sc

Rnd 3: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, hdc in next 4 sc, sl st in next 2 sc, hdc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next last sc, change to green, finish orange, with green, ch 5, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in next 3 chs, slst in 1st sc, finish off. Use black to embroider a mouth, sew pin on back and glue on eyes.

No problem with copywrite, I made it myself. You can use felt or fabric paint to make the face if you want. Be crative. :jack

I had to get more :yarn so I could stock up :(, I got 3 skeins.

WTD: - 6 YTD: + 102

Ellie 13

Those sound adorable! It's great that you're able to sell them at work. I bet they're a big hit.:)

I have a confession to make.

:blush

I...

:ohdear

Well...

:sigh

I bought more yarn today. :no

I used restraint, I swear! :yes

I even thought of my stashbusting score! :angel

It's just that, well, they're running another employee appreciation thing at work, and it's a month earlier than last year,

and....

well....

If you worked at a craft store and could get 50% of your entire regular priced purchase, what would you buy?:think

(Psst.... The answer is YARN! :devil)

I brought home 12 skeins today; ten are for an afghan I'm making for my grandma, one is for the Bernat Afghan Mystery CAL, and the last one, darn it, I just loved the color.

The question is:

What will I bring home tomorrow?

(cue scary forshadowing music)

dom, Dom, DOMMMMM!

:jack:ghost:skeleton:ghost:jack:ghost:skeleton:ghost:jack

I think we'd all like to work with yarn geek! I finished off two skeins last night after starting to work on my golf club covers again. Discovered that I'm going to have to order two more of the varigated colors I'm using - not quit enough to finish. I hate that the varigated skeins never have as much yarn in them as the solid ones. Even though I know it - I always forget. Anyways, I'll figure those when they come. In the meantime, I'm WTD +4 (took me long enough to get to the point!)

used up a skein of yarn today on a snuggle that I am making my sister for Christmas. Like YarnGeek, I have bought more yarn this week :yes Don't remember how much I got off, got it through the herrschners bid website! lots of yarn coming to my house some day soon!! Not gonna say how much till YarnGeek posts how much more yarn she has purchased!!!!:devil

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +7

Finished off a skein, finally. I seem to be stuck on balls as of late.

This was another unlabeled multicolor. It was/is a rather odd grouping of (in dc) 7 stitches of gray, followed by 1 stitch of aqua, then 4 stitches of taupe, then another single stitch of aqua, and back to gray. I used it up on about 9 feet of a panel for my charity blanket. And, of course, with the left over, a couple of yo-yos :wink.

post-19794-135897587803_thumb.jpg

Now I'm eyeing three more small balls of greens, so I'll probably crochet them into yo-yos before resuming work on the blanket. But that's for next week.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +7 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

The 3 skeins I bought last Sat. (1 orange and 2 brown). were only 1.75 oz. so I used up 1 and I'm about 1/2 done with a 2nd one. I got 25 pumpkin pins with the orange, so I hope to get at least 45 turkey pins with the brown. I'll finish the 2nd skein tonight, so I'll post it now in case I don't get here before Sat. I hope I can get more done and posted by Sat.

WTD: - 2 WTD: + 106

Ellie 13

used up a skein of yarn today on a snuggle that I am making my sister for Christmas. Like YarnGeek, I have bought more yarn this week :yes Don't remember how much I got off, got it through the herrschners bid website! lots of yarn coming to my house some day soon!! Not gonna say how much till YarnGeek posts how much more yarn she has purchased!!!!:devil

:rofl I may have to play this one close to the vest until Saturday!:D I'm not even sure if I'm done picking up yarn yet. The extra employee discount goes through Sunday, and I just thought of something else I'd like to pick up.

Hmmm.... It's getting interesting.:scrachin yarn_geek or dilyca206.... dilyca2006 or yarn_geek...... who will win- er, lose?:devil

(cue suspenseful music and melodramatic voiceover dude- maybe Will Arnett)

Will yarn_geek prevail as the premier Shoot the Moon winner, or will dilyca2006 beat her to the bottom of the list?!

The drama continues this Saturday on.... STASHBUSTERS!

Used up another skein for a WTD of +4 and a YTD of -5. I also have yarn coming from Hershchners, but only 2 skeins. Will count them when they arrive.

:rofl I may have to play this one close to the vest until Saturday!:D I'm not even sure if I'm done picking up yarn yet. The extra employee discount goes through Sunday, and I just thought of something else I'd like to pick up.

Hmmm.... It's getting interesting.:scrachin yarn_geek or dilyca206.... dilyca2006 or yarn_geek...... who will win- er, lose?:devil

Will yarn_geek prevail as the premier Shoot the Moon winner, or will dilyca2006 beat her to the bottom of the list?!

:hyper the suspense is killing me!!!:manyheart

Posting early. Lauren is home from college this weekend. We have a busy day planned. Going out for breakfast, going to the eye doctor, early voting, and some other things are planned. So it will be a nice, busy day for the two of us.

WTD=-3 YTD=0

:manyheart

And another stashbuster throws her hat into the ring!

I just got back from a vacation at my Mom's. Months ago, I'd sent her 5 Caron pounders and her old pattern for a fisherman-style afghan that she wanted to reproduce (after losing everything in a fire). She hadn't done anything with it yet, and suggested that I get it started. Needless to say, that box came back home with me, although I did use up one of the skeins while I was there. So that's -8.:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Then she wanted me to pick out anything I wanted for my birthday present, so a trip to Hobby Lobby netted me 4 skeins of Patons Lace in shades of blue. There's another -8.:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn She also told me about a new yarn shop in her area, and naturally I had to check it out. Three skeins of Marble Chunky by James C Brett walked out with me. Another -6.:yarn:yarn:yarn Total...

WTD -22 YTD +23

I hope one of you two will acquire more yarn than that!

I had planed to use up the rest of the skein I was working on, but I had to make :ghost instead. A co-worker saw the :ghost I made last month and wanted 8. I had 3, so I spent Thurs.-Fri. night making 5 more :ghost. It worked out better, because I used more :yarn (3 balls) :lol. Since I already took a point, I'll just add 2 to my score.

WTD: 0 YTD: + 108

Ellie 13

And I plod along, with just a positive 2 for the week. But sure and steady, right?

And um, Mouse, hate to say it, but we've had such low 'winning' shoot the moon scores, you could very well be the 'winner.' But what fun, yarn for your birthday! WYF, Mom on Mouse!

score for week ending 10/23/10 = +2

here's my score for the weekending October 23,2010:

WTD:-7/YTD:-41

I'm glad someone else went shopping this week.

:manyheart

Archived