SO sorry for the holdup!

I'm barely sitting up here, but I wanted to post long enough to apologize for the holdup on the November shawl going out. DH and I are both down with the flu, so as much as it saddens me to type this, it's not, unless a miracle happens, going to go out before Thanksgiving. DH is worse off than I am, the doctor wanted him in the hospital so that he could receive breathing treatments twice a day, but DH refused to go because he didn't want to run up a huge bill. We had to promise the doctor that he would do the treatments twice a day at home, and he has been sticking to his word and doing them. I have NO strength at all. It's so horrible being home from work, nothing to do, and being too sick to even crochet!!!

At any rate, as soon as one of us has enough strength to do it, the package will get to the post office and off to its new home. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! We're doing turkey dinner next week when we're well enough to enjoy it and well enough to even COOK it! Well, back to bed for me. The only thing I have the strength to do is sleep.

Oh Elle, I am so sorry that you and your DH are so under the weather with the flu...My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Do everything you can to keep your feet and spirits up...and all those important hydrating fluids down. Continue to take care, Elle, and know how much we care. :hug

Prayers and :angelblessings for both of you to recuperate quickly and don't forget to hydrate often. When you do get to have your Turkey Day :ttalk:tdance- have a grand one!

Taking care of yourself comes first. I hope you and DH are up and about to normal soon. It takes time so rest and be patient. Don't worry about when the shawl goes out. It will be loved no matter when it goes out.

So sorry to hear about you and your DH!! You get as much rest as you can!!

I was down last week with some kind of a stomach virus. I didn't do anything around the house, I didn't even crochet!! Just didn't feel up to it!! DH had the flu real bad. Bad enough to send him to bed for 2 days(he is not one to stay in bed when sick), so I knew he was feeling pretty bad when I saw him under the covers during the day!!

You just concentrate on getting better!! We can all wait on the scarf(:eek :eek):lol

Don't worry about a thing Elle. Just be concerned with you and your husband getting well. That shawl and who the lucky person is can just wait. You and your husband are more important to us. Now be a good patient and drink plenty of liquids and get lots of rest. Praying for you and your husband's recovery. Also sending :hug :hug s your way.

:( So sorry to hear that you and DH have the flu. Sending out warm thoughts, wishes and prayers that you both getting to feeling much better and get well soon. Please take care of yourself and DH before worrying about us and the shawl. It doesn't matter when it gets sent out, it will be :manyheart just the same. DS and I both had swine flu a couple months ago, so I know how you are feeling. Lots of :hug:hug:hug:hug to you!!!!!

alright, lets do a priority check.

your health -check

your smiling face - check

your humor and good nature - check

your heart and caring nature - check

the shawl - not checked

hmmm.......i believe that priorities say, take care of yourself, feel better and the shawl can wait...:P~~ :D

Archived