Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0327091445-1.jpg

This is my first picture to post. And it took me nearly all day to finally get it right. :irk

Size G Hook

Sugar n Cream Sage Green

Absolutely beautiful!!! And your hook..... :drool You did beautifully!

th_DSCN0007-11.jpg click me!

Just wanted to share!

It's a lovely pattern so far. Thanks!

I'm loving that color! It's gorgeous!!!!

I had to wait 'til I got home from work and then I ended up working late :( so I just finished mine. I'm using variegated #10 thread and a 6 hook (I couldn't find my 7). The colors are kind of a light jewel tone. I think it'll turn out nice and my mom loves jewel tones.

Mine's a little ruffly. I think I should have gone with an 8 hook instead of a 6 (since I couldn't find my 7) but I'm not starting over now.

Me too! You would not believe how many of my clothes and things in my house are green. I too am a lover of puke green, but I say tacky green, :D cause just saying that word makes my stomach queesy!:P

And here I have people at home thinking I'm nuts, although I did have neon green eyeliner at one point.

I got it done yay! I'll get some photos tomorrow to post. I'm doing mine in white, because my yellow thread is being used for the filet crochet class lesson. I tried using some purple variegated but I think it's thinner than the white and yellow, it was tough to crochet with.

I am going to have to start mine in the morning. I have been to my sisters and I was on the road all day. I just now sat down at the computer after getting in at 11:30. So I am going to unwind and sleep in tomorrow and then get up and do today's and tomorrow's tomrrow afternoon.

Have pity on me :eek while all of you are doing today's rounds I am going to be crammed on bleachers with hundreds of other familys like sardines for the yearly city-wide band concert. :cheer We stand in line for a few hours to get a free ticket :think then sit for a few more on the hard bleachers and listen to two elementary bands, two middle school bands elementary , middle and hig school chorus and then the finale the award winning High School Band. But first we have to sit through a combined number with all bands and nthen all chorus. Great event just tough for someone with anxiety in crowds. then i have to go to a 4 year olds birthday party so i won't get to todays rounds until after dinner. I will check in though to see how everyone is doing

I am waiting for instructions as well. Its fun and excititng! I am sure as soon as she up and moving. I just got up myself and ran to see if it was here. It seems I have such a boring life.

Today's instructions are listed in the first post and here too. I'm sorry I was late this morning, last night I was Sneak Attacked, ( :D Read about it in my blog, link in siggy) then this morning my 6 yo. son (he has ADHD) had a time of it, prayers are surely welcome. :) Anywho, here you go. I'll be back after while to see how you all are doing. There is a special instruction for WW only, so look for it. ;)

Day 2

R6 ch5, (counts as dc, ch2) skip next 2 sps. {dc, ch2 in next sp, skip next 2 sps} Repeat stitch sequence around, ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch5. (24, dc, ch2 sps)

R7 ch1, 3sc in each ch2 sp around, ending with a slst in the first sc. (72sc)

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, {dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next 2sps} Repeat stitch sequence around, ending with a slst in 3rd ch of begenning ch5. ( 24, dc, ch2, dc sts)

R9 slst into the next ch2 sp, ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) In each ch2 sp around, dc, ch2, dc. Slst in 3rd ch of begenning ch5. ( 24, dc, ch2, dc sts)

R10 Repeat R9.

WW only ** Repeat R9, 3 more times after R10. So ww users, you have 6 rows (counting R8 too) of dc, ch2, dc** This is because the ww is much bigger than the thread, so it needed a few extra rows to balance it out.

Mystery Item is for embellishing, either a small/medium button or a small length of ribbon (maby 7"-10") or just yarn/thread, small flowers..silk or dried, lace, anything you might already have or want to use, or none at all. You may decide you don't want to embellish.

I dont understand row 8:(

Is this the stitch sequence?

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence

or is this?

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence

or maybe even (dc, ch 2, dc, skip 2 spaces) around.

I guess I'll go with the last option, that will give me V stitches around.

I dont understand row 8:(Is this the stitch sequence? R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence or is this?R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence or maybe even (dc, ch 2, dc, skip 2 spaces) around. I guess I'll go with the last option, that will give me V stitches around.

I went with the last option too as I wasn't sure either. With this option It looks something like a decorative hat does.

359699692.jpg

I finished day two (for both of mine I am doing). They both look like bowls or cups, too. I'm glad it isn't just me. :hook I ran out of ecru for my WW one (on the very last stitch of round 11?, too) so I switched to yellow. I guess I will be making it in stripes of colors. Hopefully it doesn't turn out too ugly... ;P Here is a picture of mine:

th_002-42.jpg

Tina

Archived