Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went with the last option too as I wasn't sure either. With this option It looks something like a decorative hat does.

359699692.jpg

mine looks like this too!

This is fun! I didn't peek at any posts, I just went for it, and crossed my fingers... I can't wait for tomorrow! :wink

>>>>>>>>>>:hook I ran out of ecru for my WW one (on the very last stitch of round 11?, too) so I switched to yellow. I guess I will be making it in stripes of colors. Hopefully it doesn't turn out too ugly.Tina

I think the two colors look good, now I wanna try it in WW too. I Like the color of your other one too.He He

Can I just be sure that when you say space you really mean stitch. I don't have any "spaces" from row 5 :think:wlol Maybe i should have...

You are right as I took it to mean stitches and it seems others did too.

Can I just be sure that when you say space you really mean stitch. I don't have any "spaces" from row 5 :think

:wlol Maybe i should have...

Yes, stitch. ;)

And here I have people at home thinking I'm nuts, although I did have neon green eyeliner at one point.

I have green eyes, so I'll have to try that... :D

Have pity on me :eek while all of you are doing today's rounds I am going to be crammed on bleachers with hundreds of other familys like sardines for the yearly city-wide band concert. :cheer We stand in line for a few hours to get a free ticket :think then sit for a few more on the hard bleachers and listen to two elementary bands, two middle school bands elementary , middle and hig school chorus and then the finale the award winning High School Band. But first we have to sit through a combined number with all bands and nthen all chorus. Great event just tough for someone with anxiety in crowds. then i have to go to a 4 year olds birthday party so i won't get to todays rounds until after dinner. I will check in though to see how everyone is doing

:woo Yay!! :yay Supporting local kids is always good!! :cheer:clap:yay

I dont understand row 8:(

Is this the stitch sequence?

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence

or is this?

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next sp} Repeat stitch sequence

or maybe even (dc, ch 2, dc, skip 2 spaces) around.

I guess I'll go with the last option, that will give me V stitches around.

Last option would be correct. V sts is what you want. I think in terms of "v" sts, but I wrote it out just in case, but with out having someone else test it, sometimes typo's happen. I understood what I meant, but it's always good to have someone else to go over it. But since this is a Mystery CAL, I couldn't really get anyone to test it. So,....... forgive me? :( Pullleeeezeee? :P I'll go fix it in the instructions. Thanks for letting me know there was a typo. ;)

I've just finished day 1. I am using size 3 thread and a C hook. I don't think I ahve a D hook, At least I can't locate one. Hopefully it doesn't matter.

th_DSCF0003-1-1.jpg

Now I'm going to work on day 2's rounds.

C hook will work too. The pattern is very forgiving/accomodating. ;)

I finished day two (for both of mine I am doing). They both look like bowls or cups, too. I'm glad it isn't just me. :hook I ran out of ecru for my WW one (on the very last stitch of round 11?, too) so I switched to yellow. I guess I will be making it in stripes of colors. Hopefully it doesn't turn out too ugly... ;P Here is a picture of mine:

th_002-42.jpg

Tina

Stripes will be nifty! Can't wait to see that finished. :hook

Waiting for DH to bring home some pizza....then it's onto day 2 instructions for me.

Yum! I'm actually eating :pizza right now, DiGornio Supreme Stuffed crust. :D

**I know today seemed a little....plain....just wait till tomorrow...........:devil

You will like tomorrow, I promise! :yes

I'm in the Stash Busting CAL and this sounds like it'll use up some balls. Does it have to be cotton :think? I have lots of WW acrylic :yarn. I hope it's O.K. to print it out too. I'll get started soon.

Ellie 13

Yes, you can print. You can make, fundraise, sell the finished piece, whatever you want to do with it. It is ok to sell items made from the final piece, (Everybody), :woo they'd be good fundraiser/banquet items for church functions too. Cotton works better for the final product, but you can use acrylic if that's what you have. There will be different options in the end, I almost gave it away! :blush K. I'm going to my corner and hush now...:hook

I am really enjoying this mystery CAL. :dreaming I love to wake up knowing that there is a surprise waiting for me when I get to the :ccompute

I should mention that I am using 5.mm/H hook. anything less is just too small for me for very long. My project is just the supersized version :rofl

Mine looks totally neat so far in a Hot Pink :woo

H hook is good, super size may end up working well depending on what you decide to do with it.... :D... You will see why! I found out while working with the ww, it added so many idea/options to the pattern, yep, I need to go to my corner, before I get happy and tell all! :D

0328091123.jpg

Here's Day 2. I hope I did it right.

:lol

Linda

G Hook

Sugar n Cream Sage Green

I love this one! you will have to let me know how much sugar n cream you use. I have some sage green. if I have enough I am thinking that might be comming up next. :)

I went with the last option too as I wasn't sure either. With this option It looks something like a decorative hat does.

359699692.jpg

We are using the same color. :) I'm using size 10 thread and a 9 steel hook. Mine is tiny! Thought of frogging but I am just finally cought up as finding time to do this with a 5 yo and a 2 month old in the house isn't the easiest. :yes Can't wait for tomarrows rows.

I just found this, and I want to do it! The problem is the only thread I have in the house right now is either purple varigated (which my mom doesn't like) or off-white, and seeing as no one else is using a white color, I don't know if it would be good for this project. I may have to go to the store tomorrow... :-)

I just found this, and I want to do it! The problem is the only thread I have in the house right now is either purple varigated (which my mom doesn't like) or off-white, and seeing as no one else is using a white color, I don't know if it would be good for this project. I may have to go to the store tomorrow... :-)

I white color would be so elegant!!!! Very pretty! It's a good choice.

Archived