Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent all morning cleaning and crossing things off my "to-do" list. Only 2 small chores left and I'm ready to :crocheting

Even DH says I deserve it:manyheart

Okay I haven't been able to talk much this weekend but have enjoyed reading what ya'll have been saying about the CAL. I couldn't start on the instructions until yesterday so this is the earliest I could post a picture. I'm trying out Photobucket for the first time so I may need some help. (all my other pictures are on Picasa which doesn't talk well with Crochetville :lol

IMG_0735.jpg

I did it !!! :rofl You would never know I was a computer major in college, but that was soooooo long ago. After making the first flower I remembered I had a very little bit of this varigatied blue and thought it would work. What do ya'll think?

Beautiful!!! I love it! :D

Big :cheer for heart as this is really nice. In the last row I could be doing it wrong but I think mine looks better with 3dc after the picot instead of 2dc when finishing the shells.

That's ok, it works! ;)

I will need to do Row 5 later. :devil Life should not be allowed to interfere with craft time. Be back after my appointment...:yay

I feel the same way.

Finished Day 4

Took pic out.

Sorry , I didn't think about giving it away.

You can add your photo.:yay

I'm done too. Can still see 2 options for end product. Will post pictures later after everyone is finished. :D Thanks Heart this has been fun. :manyheart I think the cardboard is the key to what it is, right??:think

:mug:cat:yarn

Yep, if you want to use it.

Aha! Darski was right. Stripe loves her new chapeaux, but she said ixnay on the stick pins!

th_stripe-1.jpg

:manyheart I love it!

Are you all ready for the rest of the info? Cause there's a bunch, as there are different options, Let me know. I'm watching the thread. :D

Yeah I tried to use photobucket. I don't know what I did. I even tried to make it smaller, but it still stayed huge when I posted it here. I don't know. I'll try again tomorrow when I've had some sleep :-) Thanks for the help though!

before you upload, choose small or medium. If you can't get it smaller, you can move your cursor over the pic, the little menu pops up, there is a little box in the top left of the menu, click it, it puts a check in the box. Then go to the bottom of the page (the page where all your photos are listed) and click the option "Generate html and image codes" a new page will come up, it has lots of html codes. About the middle of the page is one that says "clickable img. for message boards" copy the code that says clickable, the entire code, and paste it here. It will give you a small photo that when you click it, it shows up on another page full size. ;)

th_downsized_0330090944.jpgclickable

Day 4 finished. I put it over an empty butter tub to take the picture. Now, to go find my cardboard. Can't wait for the big reveal. Thanks Heart for the CAL and feedback.

:bheart

Linda

I love the white and green combination! Beautiful!!!!

I haven't finished...but I just won't look any more till I do it all, so if you want to post the reveal, it's okay with me.

Hi,

Not to be upstaged by the lovely Stripe, Tuss E. Cat is being a VERY GOOD sport about modeling. He is -after all a 20 pound tom cat so I think he's secure enough as a "guy" to pull it off.

th_DSCN0012-4.jpg Click me (carefully)!

th_DSCN0014-3.jpg

We're all set for the big reveal............ I'm pretty sure Tuss can't wait much longer!

I've got to go about 2pm to pick up my boys form school. (I sit in line for 30 minutes with the other parents for car riders) So I can post the rest of the info now, or about 3-3:30ish after we get home work started. Which would you want to do? ;)

Hi,

Not to be upstaged by the lovely Stripe, Tuss E. Cat is being a VERY GOOD sport about modeling. He is -after all a 20 pound tom cat so I think he's secure enough as a "guy" to pull it off.

th_DSCN0014-3.jpg

We're all set for the big reveal............ I'm pretty sure Tuss can't wait much longer!

Now he is stylin! Purple is good for guys, my husband likes purple. ;)

I think we can dub this CAL as the "Cat Hat CAL"

:laughroll

Since I have no kitties :(, it's the "Stuffed Lamb CAL" for me. Will have a pic to post later with one of my lambies modeling the "hat" through Day 2. I was wandering around here earlier trying to find the right size lamb.

Makes me think of Lea searching for the right size can :lol.

When we reattach the thread to the sc, isn't that supposed to be a round of V stitches again? I'm reading to do the 2nd dc in the NEXT st:think

Hi,

th_DSCN0014-3.jpg

Now Stripe is upset, she saw Tuss's flower and is insisting that I put the flower on her hat. She will just have to wait.

Anyhow, sinceI dont think that Heart is intending these to be Hamster/Cat/Dog hats (btw, anyone have a hamster that wants to model???) I figured it was time to dig out my peice of cardboard to see it it would help me figure this creation out. :think

th_boxandcreation.jpg

Nope Not helping.

Since I made 2 of these I am going to have one hat and one basket-turning it upside down and adding a handle. they are for me anyway. thanks again I really have enjoyed this and love to do anyone. Got any we could do angain right away?hm-mmm-mmm...

thank you so much!

Since my cat Willie (the one in my avatar) will never sit still for a picture I just took them on the counter.

Could it be a hat?

IMG_0737.jpg

or a Basket?

IMG_0740.jpg

We will wait and see. Anybody see something else?

Okay finally just got around to doing this:eek and I'm already confused. Realized that space really means stitch but on round 2 something threw me. Where it says in back loops, sc in same sp, 2 sc in each sp around, end with 1 sc in beg. sp. I get that I am supposed to do 2 sc in each stitch, and end with 2 sc in beginning stitch but what does it mean when it says "sc in same space" Is that the beginning stitch after the ch 1 or is that telling me that I am supposed to do both sc in the same stitch around? I know I seem a bit slow but first thread endeavor

Okay finally just got around to doing this:eek and I'm already confused. Realized that space really means stitch but on round 2 something threw me. Where it says in back loops, sc in same sp, 2 sc in each sp around, end with 1 sc in beg. sp. I get that I am supposed to do 2 sc in each stitch, and end with 2 sc in beginning stitch but what does it mean when it says "sc in same space" Is that the beginning stitch after the ch 1 or is that telling me that I am supposed to do both sc in the same stitch around? I know I seem a bit slow but first thread endeavor

Yes - both sc are in the same stitch, using the back loop only. Think "st" instead of "sp" and it will make more sense. Thread is the same as yarn just A LOT smaller :hook

Archived