Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

I just finished mine. Now i need to deside what I'm going to do with it. I do think that I will be making one in yarn for a hat for my dd. It would be so cute on her :)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished mine. Now i need to deside what I'm going to do with it. I do think that I will be making one in yarn for a hat for my dd. It would be so cute on her :)

Brenda, that's a great idea!

Well I tried my WW one on as a hat but I didn't like it. My husband said it looked good. But I didn't think so. Then I tried it on a plant pot. I still don't know what it will be, but for the sake of posting a picture it will be a pot cozy for now... (Sorry about my sad looking Cactus. It is barely hanging on. It is growing baby leaves, though. Poor thing has been brought back to life about three times...)

th_002-43.jpg

The thread one I did will be either a little potpourri basket, or a candle holder. I like this one.

th_003-24.jpg

This was a fun CAL and thanks again Heart for doing this. I would like to do another one in the future. I love the *mystery* of it. :hook

Tina

What comes after Day 4 round 5? I only see one post from you Sarah. Have I missed something? Are we to just decide what we'll do with our mystery item or did you intend for it to be something in particular? It does appear to be very versatile.

Not sure when I'll post pics. I'm a "don't do something when I'm not feeling like it" person and that's where I am now.

Had a Holter monitor for 48hrs last Mon-Tue (which is a continuous EKG while you go about your normal activities) and a stress test on Wed and Praise the Lord! Both tests showed my heart is doing just fine. I think my symptoms are the result of anxiety and that's how I'm feeling right now. Going to see my doc tomorrow for a 1 month follow up. Really not sure why I have to go in since my tests are okay. My psychiatrist will be the one to treat the anxiety.

So, Ladies, would appreciate your prayers. :ty and :hug's.

Here is what I decided to do with my very versatile "mystery" item. I call her my "Bathroom Belle" ...

DSCF1161.jpg

My dh has been saying all along that it was a toilet paper cozy, and he saw this picture over my shoulder and said "see, i told you so!" Seriously, it looks cute and brought a smile to my face.

Jeannie, :hug:hug.

I haven't finished my project yet. I had to work both Monday and today,a nd haven't had a lot of time.

However, I couldn't resist looking at the finished pictures. Everyones projects are so pretty.

Thanks for the fun, Sarah!

Well I tried my WW one on as a hat but I didn't like it. My husband said it looked good. But I didn't think so. Then I tried it on a plant pot. I still don't know what it will be, but for the sake of posting a picture it will be a pot cozy for now... (Sorry about my sad looking Cactus. It is barely hanging on. It is growing baby leaves, though. Poor thing has been brought back to life about three times...)

th_002-43.jpg

The thread one I did will be either a little potpourri basket, or a candle holder. I like this one.

th_003-24.jpg

This was a fun CAL and thanks again Heart for doing this. I would like to do another one in the future. I love the *mystery* of it. :hook

Tina

I like the flower pot cover! that's what i thought of before when i was working on mine. especially for the brown clay ones... it would give it a bit of color!

I have enjoyed this Mystery CAL so very much :manyheart The pattern is lovely, accessible to all, and versatile. I started reading along with all of you right off the bat, but as I had never worked in thread before, I was reluctant to jump in. At the end of last week, I picked up a ball of Frosty Green Size 10 thread, dusted off the set of my mother's steel hooks she gave me years ago, and I dove right in. I still have to take and post pics, but I certainly have been enjoying the progress photos and finished items I am seeing. Wow -- what fun it was, waiting for the reveal. As for what I am going to do with mine?? Since I tackled thread (and won this round :D), I think I need to learn to stiffen at least one. My youngest DD wants one to give to her preschool teacher, so we have decided to make another as a candle cozie. A few more repeats of Rd 9, and it will perfectly fit a 3 oz jar candle :yes I picture a cute ribbon threaded through it to tie it in place.

Thanks so much for this experience!! :hugI am a definite fan of the Mystery CAL.

I worked on it during lunch at work. Others were asking "What are you making?" I tried to explain, so they're making guesses. A friend said I should make the flower by starting in the 2nd back loop. Then large back petals will over lap (be between) the small front petals, not stacked up. I tried it both ways, I like the over lap look. I copied Day 4, then posted so I would skip over the "reveal all" until later.

Ellie 13

BTW: I'm using acrylic WW, so it looks like a hat

I copied Day 4, then posted so I would skip over the "reveal all" until later.

Ellie 13

Where is the "reveal all"?

Everybody's project looks wonderful! clap I admit I did cheat and peek yesterday, since I didn't have time to pick up a hook. I just finished mine, it is blocking/stiffening now, pix tomorrow. I omitted the last row, added a handle and turned it into a tiny Easter basket.

Thank you Heart for coming up with this cute pattern and hosting the Mystery-along! It was a lot of fun to do, and wonder what was coming next :manyheart

Eveyone's projects are very nice. I used one strand of #3 sage and one strand #10 multi pastel held together. I am crocheting a strip that I will roll and place in the bowl to hold the hooks upright. I will be using this pattern for many things by adjusting the size.

PICT0337_edited.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to join your group . Nan

:manyheart:jumpyay AHHHH! These are so cute I can't stand it! :manyheart Ya'll (I can say Ya'll, I live in the south :P) have done such a good job. I've had a lot of fun. I'll be posting the links to your photos in the first post in just a minute. If I accidentally leave you out let me know. I want to get everyones posted. (Just give me about 5 minutes ;)

I have enjoyed this Mystery CAL so very much :manyheart The pattern is lovely, accessible to all, and versatile. I started reading along with all of you right off the bat, but as I had never worked in thread before, I was reluctant to jump in. At the end of last week, I picked up a ball of Frosty Green Size 10 thread, dusted off the set of my mother's steel hooks she gave me years ago, and I dove right in. I still have to take and post pics, but I certainly have been enjoying the progress photos and finished items I am seeing. Wow -- what fun it was, waiting for the reveal. As for what I am going to do with mine?? Since I tackled thread (and won this round :D), I think I need to learn to stiffen at least one. My youngest DD wants one to give to her preschool teacher, so we have decided to make another as a candle cozie. A few more repeats of Rd 9, and it will perfectly fit a 3 oz jar candle :yes I picture a cute ribbon threaded through it to tie it in place.

Thanks so much for this experience!! :hugI am a definite fan of the Mystery CAL.

:woo Glad we could inspire you to try thread!

I worked on it during lunch at work. Others were asking "What are you making?" I tried to explain, so they're making guesses. A friend said I should make the flower by starting in the 2nd back loop. Then large back petals will over lap (be between) the small front petals, not stacked up. I tried it both ways, I like the over lap look. I copied Day 4, then posted so I would skip over the "reveal all" until later.

Ellie 13

That's a good idea. I bet they are cute made that way.

Eveyone's projects are very nice. I used one strand of #3 sage and one strand #10 multi pastel held together. I am crocheting a strip that I will roll and place in the bowl to hold the hooks upright. I will be using this pattern for many things by adjusting the size.

PICT0337_edited.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to join your group . Nan

:manyheart I might have to do this too.

:manyheart

th_002-43.jpg

th_003-24.jpg

Tina

Bless your poor cactus.....at least you can get your plants to grow. :D I could grow things when we lived in Ohio, but now we live in South Carolina, and I can not grow anything. I mean nothing. I finally gave up trying.......more money to spend on yarn!:hook:devil

What comes after Day 4 round 5? I only see one post from you Sarah. Have I missed something? Are we to just decide what we'll do with our mystery item or did you intend for it to be something in particular? It does appear to be very versatile.

Not sure when I'll post pics. I'm a "don't do something when I'm not feeling like it" person and that's where I am now.

Had a Holter monitor for 48hrs last Mon-Tue (which is a continuous EKG while you go about your normal activities) and a stress test on Wed and Praise the Lord! Both tests showed my heart is doing just fine. I think my symptoms are the result of anxiety and that's how I'm feeling right now. Going to see my doc tomorrow for a 1 month follow up. Really not sure why I have to go in since my tests are okay. My psychiatrist will be the one to treat the anxiety.

So, Ladies, would appreciate your prayers. :ty and :hug's.

You are definately in my prayers. :manyheart In the next post I'll post the finishing instructions for you, and add them to the first post. Can't remember if I did that yet.

I finished the WW cotton one. I have an idea for the thread one, as soon as I get it finished I will post a pix. Thank you! I enjoyed this. CopyofPICT0332.jpg

:jumpyay I love the doggie hat! Your button flowers are cute too!

I love this! I am turning mine into an easter sachet - I have to get it finished so I can take pics, but I have to get the potpouri first! L0L I can't wait to make another. I am going to get size 10 thread in red and make a red hat for my cousin who is a redhatter! :-)

hi, gang!

Yup! I finished it, and I Love it! :manyheart

It is one of the most versatile little thing-a-ma-jingy's EVER!

Right now, mine is holding a candle... I like the hook holder idea, and the little plant pot!

I think I can change my mind as much as any girl would love to and use it differently all the time!!!!

Thanks, Heart :manyheart! This was the funnest! :hug

Well........ I finally got around to getting a pic of my finished mystery piece and posting it. I'm not sure how I will use it yet... so many options! I love all that have been shown here... my goodness ladies... great work and great ideas!

DCP03062.jpg

Thank you Sarah for doing this CAL... it was tons of fun!

:heart

:mug

Still not looking as I don't want to know yet. :(had to frog mine. Don't know what I did wrong but after I put on row 5 of day one it kept rippling and wouldn't lay flat. Even after I frogged row 5 it was still messed up. So I frogged the whole thing and am starting over. Really want to do this but very frustrated with my first thread endeavor. PM me with suggestions as I am not looking at the other posts until I get mine done. Very confused as to why I can't get this :confused:think

Okay, I got one of mine finished last night. It is a lilac string #3

IMG_0317.jpg?t=1238588239

you can see it blue ribbon unfinished on the side.

Heart thank you for an interesting CAL it was great fun.

Still not looking as I don't want to know yet. :(had to frog mine. Don't know what I did wrong but after I put on row 5 of day one it kept rippling and wouldn't lay flat. Even after I frogged row 5 it was still messed up. So I frogged the whole thing and am starting over. Really want to do this but very frustrated with my first thread endeavor. PM me with suggestions as I am not looking at the other posts until I get mine done. Very confused as to why I can't get this :confused:think

Sometimes i have trouble with directions....and have to do waht looks logical to me instead - then I look at the directions and it's a :idea moment!

Archived